Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-04-2016, 02:23 PM   #183
Caseyls3

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Someone asked me for the part number for the spacers I used and, in looking for that information, I figured out the ones I have are 25mm not 23mm. I apologize if anyone was mislead! The part number from H and R is 5075670.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Vert - Jewel Red Tintcoat, 6M, 231/247 Comp Cam, Kooks headers, Borla ATAK, ATI under drive pulley, Richmond 4.10s, LS9 clutch, Hurst shifter, BMR Springs
Caseyls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:01 AM   #184
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyls3 View Post
Someone asked me for the part number for the spacers I used and, in looking for that information, I figured out the ones I have are 25mm not 23mm. I apologize if anyone was mislead! The part number from H and R is 5075670.
The spacers are a nice touch. It looks great with that ride height.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 12:52 PM   #185
LeJ

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hello guys,

Just recently had some work done to my car, cam headers ect, but also had some eibach lowering springs added (1 -1/4th)

I notice that when I'm making medium to hard left turns, the front right passenger wheel/suspension makes a constant rubbing or clicking noise.

I feel nothing in the wheel, and the car is alligned and drives straight. After looking under the car I don't see any signs of rubbing.

Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks
LeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:01 PM   #186
LeJ

https://youtu.be/DB_nL1vhHQ4

If you have headphones and listen closely, on the left turn you will hear the noise.

Thanks for the help guys, looking at it on ramp later.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:35 PM   #187
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeJ View Post
Hello guys,

Just recently had some work done to my car, cam headers ect, but also had some eibach lowering springs added (1 -1/4th)

I notice that when I'm making medium to hard left turns, the front right passenger wheel/suspension makes a constant rubbing or clicking noise.

I feel nothing in the wheel, and the car is alligned and drives straight. After looking under the car I don't see any signs of rubbing.

Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks
Unfortunately I couldn't hear it in your video but the first thing I would do is recheck the spring install. Make sure everything is torqued to spec, seated properly, etc.. Looks are the springs themselves for spots where the finish it being rubbed off by coils contacting. Also check the steering shaft for contact with the headers. Hopefully it is something simple like that. You are not the first person to encounter this and I know of quite a few C5 members that have been driven nuts chasing the phantom click/clunk when turning.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:58 PM   #188
LeJ

Fixed

Thabks for the response. Took it to redline and they immediately found a bolt that is attached to a heat shield was coming in contact with my LT headers on hard left turns, they shaved it down and no more noise. It was actually enough to trip my knock sensor, got it all squared away!
Old 01-28-2016, 09:20 AM   #189
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeJ View Post
Thabks for the response. Took it to redline and they immediately found a bolt that is attached to a heat shield was coming in contact with my LT headers on hard left turns, they shaved it down and no more noise. It was actually enough to trip my knock sensor, got it all squared away!
Awesome! Glad to hear it is squared away. Sometime you end up chasing those little gremlins until the end of time.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:32 AM   #190
redirish

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS/M6
I have BMR 1" lowering springs in addition to the other BMR rear upgrades, toe rods trailing arms ect. As stated the ride is firm n I would like to upgrade. I use the car to drag race n sometimes will do a road course. Is my only option coilovers or would new struts to go with the springs an option?
redirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:11 AM   #191
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by redirish View Post
I have BMR 1" lowering springs in addition to the other BMR rear upgrades, toe rods trailing arms ect. As stated the ride is firm n I would like to upgrade. I use the car to drag race n sometimes will do a road course. Is my only option coilovers or would new struts to go with the springs an option?
The drag strip, road course, and street ride quality all require very different damper settings. To get all of the above coil overs are going to be the best bet.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:19 AM   #192
redirish

That's what I thought. How does it work when u change the settings from comfortable driving to drag racing or road course as far as the alignment
Old 02-02-2016, 11:42 AM   #193
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by redirish View Post
That's what I thought. How does it work when u change the settings from comfortable driving to drag racing or road course as far as the alignment
As long as you don't mess with ride height you don't have to worry about alignment. You are just adjusting the way the dampers respond/transfer weight.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:32 PM   #194
Airbornesldr12
RunEmIfYouGotEm

Drives: She wears midnight blue ls3 m6
I just put on staggered 22 with 265 30 22 front n 305 30 22 in rear pzero nero gt summer tires n im wondering how much i can lower,it seems like i can lower rear more then front,has anybody had previous experience with this wheel n tire setup??
Airbornesldr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:21 PM   #195
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornesldr12 View Post
I just put on staggered 22 with 265 30 22 front n 305 30 22 in rear pzero nero gt summer tires n im wondering how much i can lower,it seems like i can lower rear more then front,has anybody had previous experience with this wheel n tire setup??
You shouldn't have any problems with lowering it. 1-1.25" would look really good.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:19 PM   #196
redirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
As long as you don't mess with ride height you don't have to worry about alignment. You are just adjusting the way the dampers respond/transfer weight.
Cool now all I have to do is decide on a set of coilovers

Tags
apex lowering springs, apex motorsports, best lowering springs, camaro lowering springs