The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-02-2016, 04:57 AM   #1
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
I HATE Hit and Runs!

apparently sometime on Sunday afternoon some waste of space hit my car in the left front fender near the light. And because I usually approach the car from the rear I did not notice the damage till Monday afternoon when I approached it from the front when leaving a local Wendys. The guy took out the fender, the headlight housing (not the clear outer cover or the light just the part the light attaches to the fender and fascia), the inner fender and possibly the bumper cover (the clips that attach it to the inner fender were busted off when the inner fender got damaged). I have full coverage (thank god) but I am on the hook for the 500 buck deductible people just suck .
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2016, 05:46 AM   #2
Bradk83

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Sorry to hear, and yep people suck!
Bradk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:20 PM   #3
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
that suck, I got rear ended in my daily driver a few months ago at a light, the girl pulled over and we exchanged info but should could not produce insurance info. I did not want to call the police because it would have been hours and no one was hurt. I got all her info called my insurance company and low and behold found out she had no insurance she she swore she did. lesson learned I will call the police for any accident just so the other person gets the ticket, I was only out 100 for my deductible
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:24 PM   #4
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Old 03-31-2016, 02:12 PM   #5
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog3071 View Post
that suck, I got rear ended in my daily driver a few months ago at a light, the girl pulled over and we exchanged info but should could not produce insurance info. I did not want to call the police because it would have been hours and no one was hurt. I got all her info called my insurance company and low and behold found out she had no insurance she she swore she did. lesson learned I will call the police for any accident just so the other person gets the ticket, I was only out 100 for my deductible
Yeah call the police every damned time even for a minor bumper impact (because damage could've happened to stuff under the bumper cover).

Most times, in my experience, the operator just takes everyone's info down over the phone and gives you a case #. Only if something malicious has occurred or if people's lives are in danger will they send an officer right away.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 03:09 PM   #6
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
You realize what section this is posted in, correct?
Old 03-31-2016, 04:18 PM   #7
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
That sucks OP, sorry that you are having to go through this experience!
Old 03-31-2016, 04:32 PM   #8
68rssscamaro
Camaro: A Legend Reborn!!

Drives: SOLD: 12 2SS/RS LS3 45th
I still park far away and I always find someone who parks next to me..Some people just do not care. OP..Maybe get a dash cam. Its on my bucket list.

68rssscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:29 PM   #9
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
You realize what section this is posted in, correct?
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:08 AM   #10
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
uuuugh that sucks. Sorry to hear that.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:12 AM   #11
alexlj92

Drives: 2014 Black 2SS
I always call the police after an accident. The insurance companies wont argue with a police report states who is at fault. That way when both companies call to get my statement and try to find a way to not pay I state my case and then say its corroborated by the police report that you have now lets get this paid.

Never had a problem.
alexlj92 is offline   Reply With Quote