Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 10-08-2016, 12:27 AM   #1
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Thumbs down Pete at JPSS

In short, I trusted Pete and spent thousands with him, but in the end he was dishonest and chose to avoid me (by blocking me on Facebook) instead of answering tough questions that he either couldn't or was unwilling to answer.

In May I asked Pete for a refund for a product I ordered the previous March, since it's completion was very late and I needed to start selling parts and de-modding to recover funds for personal reasons. Pete wanted to find another buyer before issuing a refund, so I agreed and was patient.....

I followed up with Pete at least monthly, sometimes weekly, but there were no takers, for various reasons. I asked Pete for pictures of the finished product so I could help sell it myself, but received no pictures.

Recently, when I asked again for pictures, Pete told me that my product was pictured on his website - when I looked at the website, it very clearly wasn't my product based on the details of what I ordered and what was pictured (not to mention that it was listed for a lot less than I paid, but that's a different issue). When I asked a few questions (yes, they were pointed questions intended to get answers, since I was starting to get suspicious), Pete IMMEDIATELY shut down, saying he didn't have to deal with this and that he would just ship the product to me, and then he blocked me (on Facebook) from contacting him. I was shocked. I am still blocked from his personal and company Facebook pages. Instead of receiving the product (which I expected based on Pete's reply - you will see other posts on Camaro5 about my expectation that the front and rear crash bars would be shipped and my intention to provide a review), I was issued a refund the next morning (for $30 less than I paid). Was the finished product ever actually available, or was Pete leading me on for months, hoping I would forget or give up? I have yet to see any evidence that the product ever existed, or that he didn't sell it earlier. This was all very bizarre.

[As a side note, previously I bought the JPSS rear camber eccentrics, which were apparently made of weak materials and were damaged during the first use. I received no replacement or refund despite communicating the product failure (with detailed pictures proving the damage) and paying to ship the failed product to JPSS for refund/replacement. Pete said I could list new rear eccentrics for sale (implying that he would provide them as replacements), but no follow-through.]

Pete is a wealth of knowledge, and I had very high hopes for JPSS. I know people have had good experiences with Pete (including myself before this incident!), but unfortunately I just can't trust Pete after the way he behaved in this recent encounter. I will not be doing any more business with Pete, JPPS, or whatever his next endeavor is named.

I'm not angry, and this really isn't a rant (it happened a week ago, and I am lucky to have received most of my money back). I'm just disappointed and want others to learn from my experience.

I was surprised to find other people who were NOT surprised by what happened here, based on their experiences with Pete, and who hoped I would share my experience with the community. This is also for them.

Since I can't contact you via the normal ways - thanks for the (partial) refund, and good luck, Pete.

(I truly hate long posts like this...congrats to all who got this far)
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 03:22 AM   #2
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Oh my... weird behavior.
I have never seen a negative post about Pete. Sucks he gave you the run around.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:48 AM   #3
brokencilence

Drives: '14 1LE, Z28.R
Old 10-08-2016, 08:23 PM   #4
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Jason,

You can't contact me the normal ways as in a PM here on C5, a phone call to the office or my mobile or a text message? Seems like those are pretty normal ways. If you wanted t reach me it would be pretty easy. So now you have reached me here and we will talk here.

You custom ordered parts and then had some things change in your life and asked to cancel. I offered to help him by selling the parts. We had a number of lookers but no takers.

About a week ago I got a message from you asking for pictures. I told you your bars were famous with a picture on the site.

We never had a listing for these bars until we ended up helping Jason move them and used his bars for the lead photo. Here is the picture that was referenced.

Jason then questioned his purchase price among other things. The price of the bars online are for the bare bars only. His front bar had a custom mount for an oil cooler and a few other details. It was not a rude exchange, but it wasn't comfortable either. It was clear to me that nothing I said was going to make this a win / win deal. I said I would send him his bars in the morning because I was getting angry and wanted to end the message exchange. Instead, I refunded all his money for the bars because I knew he was dealing with some family things and had no use for the bars other than to sell them off.

I should thank Jason for the posts. His bars were sold within days of his refund was issued as was another front bar for a custom oil cooler prototype to be installed mid November after SEMA and will result in a turn key oil cooler light weight front bumper bar kit.

Jason, thank you for the posts. I hope everything works out well for you.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:37 PM   #5
AG1LE

Pete,

Let's not BS about communication routes. We communicated for months via FB (your personal FB and the JPSS FB) and you blocked me from both after losing your temper. I'm a nice guy, but not a push-over.

Where are the oil cooler brackets and paper radiator screen for the Fluidyne? The product I ordered had those features, neither of which are on the bars you told me were finished. Maybe there was a simple explanation to my questions, but I didn't get an explanation, only the anger.

I'm glad I could help you sell the parts - perhaps if the pictures were available sooner, I could've helped sooner.

Good luck Pete
Old 10-08-2016, 08:46 PM   #6
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
None of it really matters. I am sorry things turned out this way and wish you only the best.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:53 PM   #7
AG1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
None of it matters. I am sorry things turned out this way and wish you only the best.
I'm also sorry Pete. It does matter, for anyone considering doing business with JPSS in the future. Good luck to you and the "JPSS family." Hopefully this is just a one-off bad experience.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:53 PM   #8
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
I've have no dog in this fight, but since it's posted on a public forum I must applaud a vendor who first tries to resell an unwanted / canceled special order part, and then ultimately refunds all the customers money.
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:54 PM   #9
AG1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicKey View Post
I've have no dog in this fight, but since it's posted on a public forum I must applaud a vendor who first tries to resell an unwanted / canceled special order part, and then ultimately refunds all the customers money.
Good point, I consider myself lucky to have received a refund
Old 10-08-2016, 11:34 PM   #10
PRD1LE

Drives: 2015 silver 1LE 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG1LE View Post
Good point, I consider myself lucky to have received a refund
Soooo are these his bars or not? I don't see mounts for an oil cooler. (Confused)
PRD1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:11 AM   #11
AG1LE

Regarding the rear eccentric bolts mentioned above, here are some pictures showing the deformations and inconsistencies in thread length, for reference to any potential customers.

Bolt thread length was too short so that, when fully torqued, I had a loose rear suspension that caused DIC warnings and felt like the rear wheels were coming off when driving around town. The local shop replaced the OE eccentrics, and all has been well since.

Pete indicated his surprise at their failure, and didn't understand how this could have happened.

As indicated before I immediately informed Pete of the failures, and have since then returned the failed parts to JPSS. I received no refund, only the promise of a "credit" toward future purchase.
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2017, 09:29 PM   #12
Dr. Love

Drives: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
Oh my... weird behavior.
I have never seen a negative post about Pete. Sucks he gave you the run around.

Thanks for sharing.
Apparently all of the negative post about him get deleted. I have seen at least six of them get deleted in the last three days.

Dr. Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:56 AM   #13
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:01 PM   #14
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Negative posts being deleted, I am so shocked .
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote