The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 04-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #15
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
All Good ideas - I like Z51Stingray's move to have his name and his wife's name on the plaque - I shall do the same - I wonder if the personalized plaque could have held up the build - Thanks
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:57 AM   #16
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Plaque won't hold up build.

I was called 2 weeks ago by Chris Sweeney, from the National Corvette Museum, just to confirm what I wanted on the plaque and the correct spelling of my wife's name and our last name.

Good call on your choice.

Don't tell your wife. Let it be a surprise at delivery. It will earn major brownie points and create a major "I love you so much!" moment.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:30 AM   #17
Richardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51Stingray View Post
Plaque won't hold up build.

I was called 2 weeks ago by Chris Sweeney, from the National Corvette Museum, just to confirm what I wanted on the plaque and the correct spelling of my wife's name and our last name.

Good call on your choice.

Don't tell your wife. Let it be a surprise at delivery. It will earn major brownie points and create a major "I love you so much!" moment.
Good Advice - Shall do - We guys can use all the brownie pointe we can get with our gals - Although, my wife is really good at overlooking normal guy foibles - Wife really likes guys and as a result guys are really comfortable around her - She says there are women who like guys but don't really like guys - Some women actually find some of the things we do disgusting, imagine that - She, on the other hand, likes guys, and when I do a guy thing faux pas, she shrugs it off being very understanding and says to me, "I can't help it, I'm a guy" - She says "guys are dumb but cute. - I use that myself a lot with her with varying degrees of success - Anyway, I shall surprise her with her name on it -However, I would think this is not for everyone especially anyone with a rocky relationship even for brownie points - It's like a tattoo with your gal's name, you break up, and then you're stuck with her name on your C7 plaque - Got to be pretty sure of your gal before you pet her on your C7 plaque

Last edited by Richardlord; 04-13-2014 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #18
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

God forbid anything should happen between you and your wife, but the plaque is a 4 second swap.

Small flat head screwdriver(jewelers one works) between plaque and dash will pop it right off. Pop new one in. Held on by 2 small clips.

BTW, I won the contest. What do I win?

We're also headed to Tail of the Dragon and NC in June. It wouldn't take too much to swing up to VA somewhere to get our C7's together for a photo op.

Whatcha think?

Old 04-13-2014, 05:35 PM   #19
Richardlord

Quote:
God forbid anything should happen between you and your wife, but the plaque is a 4 second swap.

Small flat head screwdriver(jewelers one works) between plaque and dash will pop it right off. Pop new one in. Held on by 2 small clips.

BTW, I won the contest. What do I win?

We're also headed to Tail of the Dragon and NC in June. It wouldn't take too much to swing up to VA somewhere to get our C7's together for a photo op.

Whatcha think?
OK, what you win is a stay at my place with food and drink for as long as you can stand us - We are in southern Maryland across the Potomac River from Virginia - We are about even with Fredericksburg across the River - I'll invite the Southern Maryland Corvette Club if you come - If you fish, there is good fishing off my pier and all the Blue Crabs you can catch and eat - You are very welcome - We have outdoor parties all the time and other C7s are welcome to stop by and say Howdy.

Last edited by Richardlord; 04-14-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:00 PM   #20
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

I know exactly where you're talking about.

Dad was stationed at Langley AFB, when I was a kid.

We used to fish off the pier next to the bridge crossing the Chesapeake Bay.

Good friends, C7's, A&W Rootbeer and Blue Crab! It doesn't get much better than that.

There was an old style pizza place by Langley AFB, they made their crust by hand tossing it. I think it was called Andre's Pizza or Antonio's Pizza. Do you know which one I'm talking about? Ever been down in that neck of the woods?

Old 04-15-2014, 10:16 AM   #21
Buzzardz_vette
Remove Before Flight

Drives: 2014 Cpe Z51 2LT Torch Red
Quote:
I put both mine and my wife's names on it. We're inseparable and she's my best friend so it just made sense.
That's what I did.

Buzzardz_vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #22
Richardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardz_vette View Post
That's what I did.
Well, why don't you all come to my place and we can admire our nameplates together with our sig oth's names while they coo over us for being so sensitive
Old 04-15-2014, 04:02 PM   #23
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Agreed!

I wonder how many C7 owners actually put their spouse's name on the plaque too?

Old 04-15-2014, 05:28 PM   #24
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
Quote:
Agreed!

I wonder how many C7 owners actually put their spouse's name on the plaque too?
Both of our names are going on ours but as of now I'm not sure if it'll be a 14' or a 15'........ My order was submitted every time my dealer received an allocation since November and so far every one was overlooked because of the infamous Z51 constraint.

fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:24 PM   #25
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Mine just says NCM RAFFLE WINNER. I paid less than MSRP. -
Old 04-21-2014, 09:29 AM   #26
Richardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
Mine just says NCM RAFFLE WINNER. I paid less than MSRP. -
You certainly did pay less than MSRP - Way less - Me not nearly as much less than you - You won the contest with Chevy and I won a contest with dealers - I just wasn't willing to pay MSRP (never have and never will), and I didn't on a Z51 3LT Vert with FAY as more as a matter of principle than money - I could have pushed for better than $1,000 below MSRP, but that was enough to satisfy me - We all have to do what satisfies us - So, we both won, good for us, and the most important thing is keeping the eye on the real prize for everyone regardless what we pay - the C7.

Last edited by Richardlord; 04-22-2014 at 12:16 AM.