The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detail, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-09-2014, 07:48 AM   #15
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Sid, we'd love for you to stop by!

All the info on Camaro5Fest can be found here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:06 AM   #16
1FASTC7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray
When you clay the car does it put scratches in the paint?
1FASTC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:18 AM   #17
REVVIC

Drives: 2014 Z51 Velocity Yellow
I just clayed a portion of my Corvette. When the clay is free of dirt and kneaded to keep clean, no scratches. The clay kits will advise you well. Of course, the area to be clayed is washed in preparation. I clayed followed by a sealant.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:30 AM   #18
REVVIC

Drives: 2014 Z51 Velocity Yellow
btw, I want to commend Nick at Adams who wrote the best comparison of synthetic vs. carnuba products I've ever read. They both work and even in combination. His data tipped me towards synthetics for now. Thanks to Nick and Adams products and sponsorship of the site.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #19
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTC7 View Post
When you clay the car does it put scratches in the paint?
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVVIC View Post
I just clayed a portion of my Corvette. When the clay is free of dirt and kneaded to keep clean, no scratches. The clay kits will advise you well. Of course, the area to be clayed is washed in preparation. I clayed followed by a sealant.
Correct. The claying process itself does not cause scratches is the surface is clean and free of dirt/dust/anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVVIC View Post
btw, I want to commend Nick at Adams who wrote the best comparison of synthetic vs. carnuba products I've ever read. They both work and even in combination. His data tipped me towards synthetics for now. Thanks to Nick and Adams products and sponsorship of the site.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:30 PM   #20
SidneyC

Drives: C7 CRT vert 3LT, Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Adams View Post
Sid, we'd love for you to stop by!

All the info on Camaro5Fest can be found here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184

I just realized you were the guy doing the demo today. I was the one with the wife telling me to pay attention so I would know how to take care of our CRT C7 that we are taking on museum delivery in about 5 or 6 weeks.

Anyway, thank you for presenting in an easy to understand way for us beginners. Everybody seemed to break up and go different directions after you finished talking about polishing. I would have liked to heard more on the proper way to apply sealant, glaze and wax. But first things first. And, I got a really good understanding of washing, clay bar and polishing.

Yes, we do live in a highly industrialized area. I worry about acid rain more than anything plus the airborne solids. Our car will be garaged when not driven. If we don't plan to drive during the week, not only garaged but covered too.

One thing I noticed on your website.....you have a dealer in Spring (the far north side of Houston suburbs). He obviously use Adams products to detail the cars he does. #1 - does he also sell the product? #2 - is he the only one in Houston area? I know he has a mobile unit but he is in far, far north and we live in far, far, far south, probably 90 minute drive one-way in best of traffic conditions.

Thanks again for a great teaching moment. I'm sold on Adams products and you'll be hearing more from me and Tory as we get closer to taking delivery of our car.
3000 - 5/06/14 TPW 5/26/14
3300 - 5/13/14 TPW 5/26/14
3400 - 5/19/14 TPW 5/26/14
3800 - 5/28/14
4B00 - 5/29/14
SidneyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:53 AM   #21
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidneyC View Post
I just realized you were the guy doing the demo today. I was the one with the wife telling me to pay attention so I would know how to take care of our CRT C7 that we are taking on museum delivery in about 5 or 6 weeks.

Anyway, thank you for presenting in an easy to understand way for us beginners. Everybody seemed to break up and go different directions after you finished talking about polishing. I would have liked to heard more on the proper way to apply sealant, glaze and wax. But first things first. And, I got a really good understanding of washing, clay bar and polishing.

Yes, we do live in a highly industrialized area. I worry about acid rain more than anything plus the airborne solids. Our car will be garaged when not driven. If we don't plan to drive during the week, not only garaged but covered too.

One thing I noticed on your website.....you have a dealer in Spring (the far north side of Houston suburbs). He obviously use Adams products to detail the cars he does. #1 - does he also sell the product? #2 - is he the only one in Houston area? I know he has a mobile unit but he is in far, far north and we live in far, far, far south, probably 90 minute drive one-way in best of traffic conditions.

Thanks again for a great teaching moment. I'm sold on Adams products and you'll be hearing more from me and Tory as we get closer to taking delivery of our car.
It was great to meet and speak with you and your wife, and congrats again on your upcoming new toy!

If your car will be garaged and kept under cover, acid rain shouldn't be much of a worry. Just keep a good coat of glaze and wax on there and you'll be fine. If you do get caught in the rain, just be sure to get the rain off the surface off there ASAP to avoid spotting.

Ryan does indeed sell our goods as well, but if it's a 90 minute drive one way, ordering direct from us would be easier and likely cheaper and the gas money unless you're in a pinch and need something in a hurry!

Take some time to look through our videos when you have free time. They cover a lot of topics that I didn't have a chance to touch on while working out there in the dust bowl over the weekend.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-videos.aspx
Old 05-06-2014, 10:40 PM   #22
SidneyC

Drives: C7 CRT vert 3LT, Z51
OK Nick. Told you I'd be back with questions. Proof I been studying the DVD we picked up from your booth. Let's talk wheel cleaner. We're getting Z51 chromed aluminum wheels. Are these wheels clear coated? Trying to figure out which cleaner to buy.
3000 - 5/06/14 TPW 5/26/14
3300 - 5/13/14 TPW 5/26/14
3400 - 5/19/14 TPW 5/26/14
3800 - 5/28/14
4B00 - 5/29/14
SidneyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:26 AM   #23
Adam's Polishes

Yep, they are cleared. Either wheel cleaner will work well. Green Wheel for maintenance and Deep Wheel Cleaner if they get REALLY dusty or dirty.