The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 01-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #29
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I'm sure the vents will drain themselves.
I know they will drain out somehow. I just hope they are not as bad as the C6 tail lights after you dry it. Come back ten minutes later with a water streak
Old 01-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #30
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I know they will drain out somehow. I just hope they are not as bad as the C6 tail lights after you dry it. Come back ten minutes later with a water streak
I'm so glad GM's moving away from stuck-on side moldings specifically because I'm tired of having to wipe off water streaks from them.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #31
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
I think I found the answer... straight from GM's Engineering Dept. addressing both Z51 and base models:
Aerodynamics:
 Notice: The base Corvette Stingray has a three piece lower front air dam. The Z51 option only uses the two outer pieces and does not use the center section.

With race-proven aerodynamics, every square inch of the 2014 Corvette Stingray exterior is designed for performance and improved high-speed stability. All five air vents are highly functional and contribute to cooling or reduced lift.

All models have a new grille/radiator arrangement and hood vents. Venting air out of the hood reduces total front-end lift for improved steering response at high speeds. The front fender side coves also help vent underhood air pressure to reduce aerodynamic drag.

Models with the automatic transmission or Z51 Performance Package feature a functional vent on driver’s left side directing air over a heat exchanger for the transmission fluid and a similar arrangement on the passenger side that directs air over a heat exchanger for the electronic limited slip differential (ELSD) cooler.

Airflow through the differential and transmission heat exchangers exits through the aircraft-inspired taillamp vents and lower-rear fascia air outlets.

The Z51 Performance Package also includes brake-cooling ducts, a unique rear spoiler and additional air deflectors for enhanced track capability.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:42 AM   #32
GreenC7Z-51

Drives: '04 C5 Z06 Le Mans, '14 C7 Z51
Here's the scoop! The base model has fake vents, the Z51 has trans. cooler on driver side, diff. Cooler on passenger side, the vert. has NO vents on top they are under the car.

Water is not a problem when washing, but when drying the car there are so many places that hold small amounts of water you have to blow it out with pressure air. The mirrors hold water as on the C5 blow them out or it will run down the door. The vents, , wiper arms, gas cap, tail lights, front grill, door opening pocket, and around the rear deck lid also need to be dried in this way.
(Or just let it dry for several hours sitting in the sun.)

I hope this helps!
GreenC7Z-51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:45 AM   #33
GreenC7Z-51

Drives: '04 C5 Z06 Le Mans, '14 C7 Z51
Sorry I forgot about the vent for the trans on the auto, I don't do auto trans.
GreenC7Z-51 is offline   Reply With Quote