The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Member's Lounge > Off-Topic Chat

Old 01-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #15
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
I would love to actively trade stocks and play the game a little.
But I'm too chicken. And have no money to start with anyhow.
Haha I started a couple years ago. After seeing money market funds doing absolutely nothing to savings, I realized could earn with a quarter of the money the same amount of interest in dividends in stocks that aren't going anywhere. I'm slowly moving towards mutual funds, lessen the gain but lessen the risk. But I'll still dabble if I find a good find, more so just shifting money , I haven't put more in a long time.

It's fun but frustrating at the same time.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #16

Drives: Getaway Special
Right now there is hardly a place to secure income from the market. Not with Banks, CD's, money markets. I highly recommend taking any inheritances and buying annuities of any kind. They are ALL rape artists. I could get into details and show you how, but I don't care to waste my time.

If you want a "decent" worry free return look at VWITX, VWAHX, VMLTX. I know you can make more, but not without red tape.

Hell, the ONE year return on VWAHX is 9.36% .... Federal state tax free!!! What would that be .... 12% return if it has been taxed? Guys/Gals there are options out there. The nice thing is the Vanguard boys and girls know when to activley get out of California or Chicago bonds. And the Expense ration on these is lik 2/10th of ONE percent. It doenst get any better in my opinion.

If you had a million bucks in this one... you'd be getting $93,600 return tax free. Now you will have to pay some taxes earned in states outside your home state, but not much red tape to that. Hell, Vanguard doesnt even send you a 1099 on these earnings.

Just trying to help you gentlmen and ladies who support them.
*007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:39 PM   #17
thrilled

Drives: 1LT
I invest in dividend stocks,like Verizon,Altria,phillip Morris,etc.In fact I'm buying the vette from dividends.
thrilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:12 PM   #18
regguy1

Drives: 2014 Corvette Coupe
My thoughts...individual stocks are inherently risky. Mutual funds are the best long term for diversification and be sure to choose low cost funds. Fees and expenses grind away a lot of your returns over time. I highly recommend watching this Frontline episode
"The Retirement Gamble" http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...rement-gamble/
It's an eye opener regarding how much can be lost to sales loads / high expense ratios /revenue sharing agreements that advisers have with fund companies /and other BS fees. Watch the entire episode.
regguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:16 PM   #19
regguy1

Drives: 2014 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
Right now there is hardly a place to secure income from the market. Not with Banks, CD's, money markets. I highly recommend taking any inheritances and buying annuities of any kind. They are ALL rape artists. I could get into details and show you how, but I don't care to waste my time.

If you want a "decent" worry free return look at VWITX, VWAHX, VMLTX. I know you can make more, but not without red tape.

Hell, the ONE year return on VWAHX is 9.36% .... Federal state tax free!!! What would that be .... 12% return if it has been taxed? Guys/Gals there are options out there. The nice thing is the Vanguard boys and girls know when to activley get out of California or Chicago bonds. And the Expense ration on these is lik 2/10th of ONE percent. It doenst get any better in my opinion.

If you had a million bucks in this one... you'd be getting $93,600 return tax free. Now you will have to pay some taxes earned in states outside your home state, but not much red tape to that. Hell, Vanguard doesnt even send you a 1099 on these earnings.

Just trying to help you gentlmen and ladies who support them.
Don't you mean NOT buying annuities?
And yes Vanguard is the best place for quality and low expenses
regguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote