The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Member's Lounge > Off-Topic Chat

Old 10-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Review: CarPro PERL

I know it's not a Corvette or Camaro, but all tires need to be dressed at one point or another. So here's a quick review on a tire dressing I did today, I figured I'd share.

I've had CarPro PERL for a little while since I got a sample in but haven't posted up my thoughts on it since I've only used it a handful of times. But I do find it very promising and versatile as a dressing product. The tires needed dressing and I had just enough Wolf's "Blackout" Tire and Trim Gel to do roughly 2 tires, what better time to do a head-to-head long-term review!

CarPro PERL according to CarPro is:

"PERL Coat by CarPro is a concentrated versatile water-based, protective coating for plastics, rubber, and leather that offers tremendous UV protection. PERL Coat is a water based dilute to suit product, covering a large array of tasking within car care. It can be used to restores the like-new appearance of hard exterior plastic surfaces and keeps them looking good with strong UV and hydrophobic protection. The sun can be damaging on flexible materials, like rubber, plastic, and leather. Gradually & over the course of time they fade & become brittle and cracked. PERL Coat is changing the rules. PERL Coat provides excellent protection and lasts up to three months on interior and engine surfaces. Durability on Exterior Surfaces varies based on the type of plastic and the exposure in your environment. It can protect for up to 3 months on exterior surfaced as well however if you see constant rainy conditions the darkness will fade from some plastics and tires sooner. For a dedicated extremely long lasting Exterior Trim Coating please take a look at our "CarPro DLux" product."

Here you can see the sample size I have.

And Meguiar's Hyper Dressing behind it which I am a fan of for an economic water-based dressing.

I applied it like any other tires dressing and found it to be quite glossy, but this can easily be remedied by diluting it at a 1:1 ratio or even more depending on how far you want to stretch a bottle. Here are the tires beforehand. Very dry and blooming due to rubber's natural tendencies.

And here they are after being dressed by Wolf's Tire Gel.

And CarPro PERL

I will update this accordingly as the gel dries and sets in. It leaves a much more satin type look as compared to a glossy look. And I will keep you all updated on how long each respective products lasts in normal usage on a daily driver vehicle.

Thanks for reading and post up any comments or questions you have below! My blog has the review on the Wolf's product if you're interested.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Please keep posting these. I love reading them and I'm always looking for new cleaning tips for my Edsel.