The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes

Old 12-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #15
mowilson329

Drives: 2014 Stingray 1LT/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmdmd View Post
The black rims just makes the car. This car is loaded with black accents and it just looks right. I'm 46 years old, so it's definitely not an age thing.

Never thought I'd like the black rims until I saw this car. 99 times out of 100 I would have ordered chrome.....

Couldn't have said it any better........

This is exactly why I ordered mine with the black rims......it just looks right! I also grew tired of chrome after having them on 3-4 cars in a row.

BTW, I'll be 49 in another month, so probably more of a preference than an age thing!

Cliff
mowilson329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #16
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
I was never a fan of black wheels on a car until I saw the Blade Silver with aftermarket black wheels. I loved them, as such I have them ordered now but also will keep my stock painted silver Z51 wheels in the event I want to change the look somewhat.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #17
jaimeC7

Drives: 2001 Z06 & 2014 C7 Z51 2LT Torch R
black

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
I was never a fan of black wheels on a car until I saw the Blade Silver with aftermarket black wheels. I loved them, as such I have them ordered now but also will keep my stock painted silver Z51 wheels in the event I want to change the look somewhat.
47 yo went black on Torch Red Z51 chrome is a little too 70s/80s in my opinion on such a new design. Chrome looks classy on the Silver but I like the black on the red with red calipers. Car just seemed more sporty with black. I have a Z06 with chrome but car has a lot of chrome badging. I did read that the black wheels are actually more work to keep clean, so got some cool cleaner from the Chemical Guys website after seeing their video on the forum. Cant go wrong with either. Safe driving
jaimeC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #18
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7BOB View Post
I like black SPOKE or black CENTER wheels. Without a shiny rim to define the wheel, it looks like a steel wheel with missing hub caps. These are some of my cars with wheels that I painted myself. I can't understand paying for wheels that I can't see!
Fair enough and still in good taste... personally, I can also relate to this. Like I mentioned earlier, it also depends on the car's theme (intention).... like my Boss302, the black wheel contrasts quite well IMO with the rest of the styling & striping (so same principle for the C7). This pops! Even if it was all black, the wheels would still look fine.

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #19
Stingray
just can't get enough

Saw this pic posted by another member here (Betsy Iris) and this theme illustrates it perfectly... with black wheels, it's simply awesome looking!

Old 12-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #20
jaimeC7

Drives: 2001 Z06 & 2014 C7 Z51 2LT Torch R
YES exactly chrome would take away from the aggressive look and date the design. This looks great on blue, and red IMO.
jaimeC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #21
Betsy Iris
(The Blue Beauty)

Drives: 2014 Stingray
The car looks good no matter what color or options you end up getting. . . I'm 30yrs young and was never a fan of black rims until I seen the ZL1 Camaros. . . I picked black rims because of all the black accents on the car and the rims make it look more aggressive. . . Honestly pictures do not do the black rims justice. . . Here are a few picks for you to enjoy. . .
Attached Images

Betsy Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #22
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy Iris View Post
The car looks good no matter what color or options you end up getting. . . I'm 30yrs young and was never a fan of black rims until I seen the ZL1 Camaros. . . I picked black rims because of all the black accents on the car and the rims make it look more aggressive. . . Honestly pictures do not do the black rims justice. . . .
Definitely agree! The C7 looks great in all colors and trim levels.

Another example... Sajonf's, SilverRay's, yours truly, and Asptroopa1's. I think they all look 'effin good!
The black wheels combined with TTV option accentuates the aggressive look too... love it!

Old 12-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #23
Sonnyc

Drives: 2014 Cyber Gray 1LT Z51
I think the black makes the car look aggressive and bad assed. The chrome does nothing for me. My car is cyber gray with black z51 package and I am 60.
Sonnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #24
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
The Black wheels on the above pictured look incredible. Not so much the other wheels in comparison. Love the Blue and Gray C7s with the Black wheels. Trust my Torch Red shall look as good. But, all good.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #25
TimboSlice619

Drives: 2014 2LT LBT Stingray Z51
I'm 22 years old and I got the black wheels with my Laguna Blue. To be honest, I was never a huge fan of black wheels(even though i'm in that younger generation you mentioned), but for this car it almost seems imperative to get black wheels. The black accents all over the car just go so well with black rims, it's almost like they're there for this exact reason. I even took it one step further and blacked out my windows, and I get compliments constantly. I have had chrome wheels in the past and would never get chrome on this car just because the black matches way better with it. Plus I like just having two colors to contrast instead of 3-4. Just my opinion though.
TimboSlice619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #26
L095687

Drives: 2014 Stingray - Z51 Laguna Blue 3LT
Black wheels

Laguna blue, Z51 with black wheels. I went to the dealership to order Midnight Race blue, saw a Premier edition and had to have Laguna blue. Had her for 3 weeks now and couldn't be happier. BTW, 49 yo and love this car. And I went down in horsepower!
Attached Images

L095687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #27
Emmdmd

Drives: 2015 Z06
My brother-in-law hit in on the head when I was going back and forth over colors, wheels and options on this car. He said, "You can't go wrong with anything you pick. This car just looks amazing, period." Looking at the pictures of all your C7s on this site, chrome or black rims, crystal red or cyber gray, racing stripes or not, they all look freaking amazing!
Emmdmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #28
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmdmd View Post
My brother-in-law hit in on the head when I was going back and forth over colors, wheels and options on this car. He said, "You can't go wrong with anything you pick. This car just looks amazing, period." Looking at the pictures of all your C7s on this site, chrome or black rims, crystal red or cyber gray, racing stripes or not, they all look freaking amazing!
to that!