The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 03-22-2015, 12:03 AM   #1
quick67bird

Drives: 2015 Corvette, 1967 Firebird etc
Delivery excitement turns to frustration and disappointment

We put our order in for our Crystal Red Corvette back in October and the dealer finally received the car. We knew what we wanted and ordered accordingly. Well after getting all the paperwork finished the salesman started to show us all the features of the car. That is when it was noticed that somewhere in the ordering process our car was not ordered exactly as we wanted. The feature that is missing on our car is the navigation and performance data recorder.

The dealer had us take the car for bit to drive around and go to lunch to discuss what we wanted to do. We decided that we want the car that we ordered, but the dealership is not sure they can get one ordered now. The dealership is going to research where the breakdown in the ordering process occurred on Monday and then see what they can do.

My wife and I wife from ecstatic to heartbroken in a matter of moments.
quick67bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:58 AM   #2
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
was it a factory mistake or dealership mistake?
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:39 AM   #3
quick67bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
was it a factory mistake or dealership mistake?
The dealership is not sure where the breakdown is right now. They will know by Monday or Tuesday after some investigation.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:22 AM   #4
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
For others reading here, This is EXACTLY why you demand a workbench report from the dealer when your car gets approved by GM at 2000 . This is a mistake made many months ago that was allowed to go unchecked by ALL parties concerned.

Last edited by Glen e; 03-22-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:29 PM   #5
quick67bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
For others reading here, This is EXACTLY why you demand a workbench report from the dealer when your car gets approved by GM at 2000 . This is a mistake made many months ago that was allowed to go unchecked by ALL parties concerned.
This is our first car that we made a custom order on. I have all the paperwork from the dealer with our signatures stating the options on the order sheet is what we want. Everything on those 2 documents are what we ordered, but not what we received.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:43 PM   #6
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick67bird View Post
This is our first car that we made a custom order on. I have all the paperwork from the dealer with our signatures stating the options on the order sheet is what we want. Everything on those 2 documents are what we ordered, but not what we received.
what's on the order sheet with your signatures is only what the dealer wrote on there, right? you need to see what was inputted to GM...THE WORKBENCH report - looks like this, and shows what GM was instructed to build.... if the options are on here, you have a claim against GM in some way, otherwise the dealer is at fault:
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:05 PM   #7
quick67bird

We never saw that paperwork. We will know on Monday where the breakdown is. I am sure that is the paperwork the dealer needs to look at, but the person who orders the cars at this dealership is off on the weekends.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:20 PM   #8
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick67bird View Post
AS a customer you should not have to watch or keep track of your car being built the right way. you put a order into GM with your dealership, and made sure the options you wanted was on the built sheet.

from there its not your fault.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:04 PM   #9
Vette Pax

Drives: 1999 C5; 2016 C7 Stingray
Been There!

In the summer of 2001 we ordered a new C5 from a local dealer and the only options we specified were the automatic transmission and the Museum Delivery. I was communicating with the Museum regularly. Right before 9/11 the Museum Delivery contact could not find our car in the build schedule. Then right after 9/11 the dealer sales guy calls me and says that our car is in-at the dealer! I told him that we had Museum Delivery and he said that due to 9/11 the Museum stopped doing that. I emailed the Museum and was told that such was not true. After a few more lies from the salesman and the sales manager, they finally admitted that the clerk who entered the order left the R8C code off our order! I asked for an immediate refund of or deposit and they agreed. I wrote a letter to the owner of the dealership informing him of the screw-up and the lies told by the rep and manager. The owner called me to apologize and made no attempt to solicit our business again. We intend to have a more successful outcome for our 2016 this time. We have learned a lot on this great forum.
Vette Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:07 PM   #10
quick67bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
AS a customer you should not have to watch or keep track of your car being built the right way. you put a order into GM with your dealership, and made sure the options you wanted was on the built sheet.

from there its not your fault.
We feel that way as well, but now we may have to settle or not get an order this year.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:25 PM   #11
quick67bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette Pax View Post
In the summer of 2001 we ordered a new C5 from a local dealer and the only options we specified were the automatic transmission and the Museum Delivery. I was communicating with the Museum regularly. Right before 9/11 the Museum Delivery contact could not find our car in the build schedule. Then right after 9/11 the dealer sales guy calls me and says that our car is in-at the dealer! I told him that we had Museum Delivery and he said that due to 9/11 the Museum stopped doing that. I emailed the Museum and was told that such was not true. After a few more lies from the salesman and the sales manager, they finally admitted that the clerk who entered the order left the R8C code off our order! I asked for an immediate refund of or deposit and they agreed. I wrote a letter to the owner of the dealership informing him of the screw-up and the lies told by the rep and manager. The owner called me to apologize and made no attempt to solicit our business again. We intend to have a more successful outcome for our 2016 this time. We have learned a lot on this great forum.
We may just leave the car at the dealer, but what is frustrating is that it is no skin off the dealers back because it is a beautiful car and it will sell do to demand. We are the ones who are out 6 months worth of waiting for a car that we wanted.

Like you we have learned a lot. We will see how this dealership handles the screw up once they figure out where the mistake occurred.
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2015, 01:39 PM   #12
Joe Stingray
Master of All Things

Drives: 2019 Stingray 2LT
well I KNOW, as another member has done it already, and that was to install the MyLink with the NAV in it....it was totally P-N-P only took him about an hour start to finish.....however, it only gained him the NAV, not the data recorder and camera.
Joe Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:40 PM   #13
quick67bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Stingray View Post
well I KNOW, as another member has done it already, and that was to install the MyLink with the NAV in it....it was totally P-N-P only took him about an hour start to finish.....however, it only gained him the NAV, not the data recorder and camera.
We have researched that option and are waiting to see if the dealership will install it. I don't want to do anything that may void the warranty. Right now we do not feel the dealership really cares about their customer as they don't seem to be trying to make this deal right.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:14 PM   #14
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Been in Tampa for a while and am starting to catch up. The OrderWorkbench is generally incomplete bit the Autobook printout has it all. The first is two pages and the second is 15 to18 pages, BUT the OrderWorkbench has the six character order number.

My first retail order was for a1974 Jeep Cherokee, ordered before Labor Day 1973, and included AM-FM. George Rose, our salesperson, originally said AM-FM was not possible, we insisted, he checked with his sister, then sent the order thru. Our copy had an OK and his initials next to the scratched out Am-FM. Vehicle arrived w/o the ordered radio so the dealer flatbedded the Cherokee to Specmo in Troy, where a Jeep Am-FM radio was installed, then flat bedded it back to Union Lake where we took delivery. So it is true mistakes can be made but also true a good dealer will do what is needed to correct such.

Don't know how your story ended but hopefully it ended to your satisfaction.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote