Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-01-2013, 03:30 AM   #281
Crand

Drives: away the ladies :(
Send a message via AIM to Crand
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
So Chevy gave the Camaro something new for the Mustangs to look at.)
The should take that smart-ass computer in the dash and use the reverse camera to automatically post videos to YouTube through OnStar. That way Mustang owners have a permanent record of how their car looks while being passed!
Crand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:38 AM   #282
HashimAzzouz

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM ~ 2009 Traverse LT
Can't wait Thank God I'm a Camaro fan... I owned a 1998 camaro V6, and I drive a 2011 2SS/RS. I luv every moment i spent in my 98 V6 and luve everything about my '11 2SS

Thank you GM
HashimAzzouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:56 AM   #283
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
About the taillights...

I know why they got changed. Here's the REAL story....

Mustang owners were bitching that the scenery never changed. So Chevy gave the Camaro something new for the Mustangs to look at. Maybe you'd get a better poll result from the Mustang forums about the taillights. They're the ones going to be looking at them most of the time anyway. hahaha. (Sorry my pony car rival brethren, I just HAD to do it. Nothing personal, it's all in fun.)
That's some funny shit right there!

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:14 AM   #284
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
You STILL need to offer a beautiful medium blue without attaching it to a limited run appearance package that looks ridiculous. And no matter how many times you say it, I'm not going to take "well blue doesn't sell well" or "we can't tool the factory paint booth for that many colors" for an answer. Lack of medium blue = unacceptable.

Z/28: Ok cool, so you made an incredible performing Camaro with lots of expensive options and while you were at it, you made it totally impractical to drive on the street. Awesome. Great GM, that's just what I wanted.

Otherwise, great job on the improvements you've made on the 2014's. I for one actually really like the new rear end. We'll see what the color palette looks like for the 2014's. Oh, and I also happen to really like the original steering wheel, and always have.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:44 AM   #285
JWR046

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWR046 View Post
There are some good discussions going on and a lot of good posts. I appreciate all the great work that had been done on the camaro. Everyone has an opinion on what they like or do not like but I think the progression of the the 5th gen camaro has been stellar. The chassis and drive train improvements have been great and proven on every track. Yeah people complain the car is too heavy etc but it is pretty impressive the tuning the Chevy team could get out of this platform. I look forward to what is left in development on this platform and the surprises of the 6th generation. I am looking forward to seeing the cars in person at the NYC autoshow. Thanks for the hard work!!
The more I see of the front and back updates the more I like it. The front definitely has a more aggressive look. I also agree with the changes that differentiate the different models. Also like the Z/28 on the fenders instead of camaro.

People have commented on when the 1993 z/28 came out. I still have my '95 and still enjoy it.(a little down in power from my ZL1 . It is pretty amazing that when I bought that car it was one of the best performing cars with 275 HP. Now look at where we are with the 6 cyl over 300 HP and a new z/28 with at least 500. Good Times!
JWR046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #286
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Z/28: Ok cool, so you made an incredible performing Camaro with lots of expensive options and while you were at it, you made it totally impractical to drive on the street. Awesome. Great GM, that's just what I wanted.
Not directed totally at you...

But for the life of me I don't understand comments like these. Sounds like all some care about is just having the Z/28 logo on their car. What's wrong w/ the ZL1? Doesn't it fit the bill for a streetable track car? Would it be acceptable to swap logos and put Z/28 on the 1LE or ZL1?

To me, GM has covered just about all bases with this lineup. I really think the underlying issue for some is the anticipated price. They wanted the car so bad and now it's out of reach, when in fact it's everything the majority of us were asking for.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:11 AM   #287
Forty5th

Drives: Camaro
^ Agree. There will be many who are disappointed due to the price & attainability factor. It's a well equipt race ready car targeted for the few who will utilize it for its intended use, or for those who can afford it no matter what it's used for.

Some will complain because they want this new Z/28 on a base SS budget... kinda like fine Dom Perignon champagne on a Schlitz beer budget so to speak.
Forty5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #288
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty5th View Post
^ Agree. There will be many who are disappointed due to the price & attainability factor. It's a well equipt race ready car targeted for the few who will utilize it for its intended use, or for those who can afford it no matter what it's used for.
^^ X2 Agree..
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #289
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Thank you for taking the time to write all that for us. Just read all of it, now im up to speed! I very much enjoy the new Z/28. I watched the live unveiling of the car, and i was a little confused. They said that it would only have one speaker (for the 'ding ding' sound), but they werent very clear on whether it would have a radio or not? I understand that this car will be "stripped down", but i was just curious. Anyways, i love the new styling cues on the car. I loved how the first 4 years of the 5th gen looked, and i love how the new ones look!! Thanks for making an awesome car!!
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #290
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

But for the life of me I don't understand comments like these. Sounds like all some care about is just having the Z/28 logo on their car. What's wrong w/ the ZL1? Doesn't it fit the bill for a streetable track car? Would it be acceptable to swap logos and put Z/28 on the 1LE or ZL1?

To me, GM has covered just about all bases with this lineup. I really think the underlying issue for some is the anticipated price. They wanted the car so bad and now it's out of reach, when in fact it's everything the majority of us were asking for.
100% on this side. I don't see the issue either. GM has diversified the lineup.

This guy wants a livable track car with most everything standard on the base. That's the ZL1.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #291
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
What ticks me off the most about this new Camaro is the lack of factory installed curb feelers. That would have been sweet. I also think a female pit crew should at least be an option for the Z/28.

Last edited by motorhead; 12-09-2015 at 08:10 PM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #292
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

I'm not saying the Z/28 isn't an absolutely wonderful marvel of a car.....because it most certainly is. I'm just saying.......not paying that much for a car that doesn't have modern amenities. Do I want a Camaro with an LS7 in it? Hell yeah I do. Do I want an LS7 Camaro with all that other stuff, and no amenities? Nah....not really. Not for me. I totally get the intent of the car, I really do, I mean, I'm not a total idiot. I totally understand WHY the Z/28 is what it is. Sorry, it's just not for me. And not because I can't afford it. But because frankly that's too much car to drive around town practically. And I'm the kind of guy that likes to drive his Camaro every day if possible, not just on the weekends, or the occasional track day. BUT, I want a Camaro with an LS7 in it. I'm bummed that there isn't a medium blue, and that I can't get an LS7 in my Camaro.

Otherwise........I'm happy! Don't hate on me because I'm not onboard with the Z28 brigade blaring trumpets and shouting "all hail the Z28".
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #293
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Time to move on...

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 04-01-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #294
cheyboyjr

Drives: 2000 Chevy S-10
I'd like to thank the gentlemen for his points of clarification. I love the 2014 Camaro and believe it will continue its stronghold in the pony car segment. I too am shocked by the vulgarity expressed by members of this forum community regarding their dislike for the 2014 Camaro. You simply can't please everyone.
cheyboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote