Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-27-2014, 11:55 AM   #43
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester06 View Post
Hey guys,
what mods would make the deceleration pop louder? LT Headers and a Tune?
Just LT headers. That will make some noise when you let off the throttle!!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #44
Burt
Cone Killer

Drives: 2012 SS
To the op, cutouts or open y pipes in front of the mufflers really amplifies it. I got y pipes and really enjoy it.

Selling off my remaining wheels, tires, 27mm front sway bar, and MGW shift knob. Get them out of my house before my wife puts me out!
Burt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:46 PM   #45
Les7311

Drives: 2017 Zl1 (M6)
Send a message via Yahoo to Les7311
Just curious. ...

what's the end results for a fuse pull on a 2012 LS3 V8?

.....just curious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy2002 View Post
Please see the link on fuse pull for people that have the npp exhaust

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...95&postcount=1
Les7311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 02:30 PM   #46
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Where is the OP is my question here, lol.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #47
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruHop View Post
You are the one that said: "Thanks, I appreciate that. Absolutely nothing about the popping on deceleration is appealing to me. There is no semblance of performance associated with it, in fact I find the sound to be the exact opposite. I don't drive a jalopy and I don't want it to sound like one."

"In your Opinion" The Decel Pop does not equal performance. Others on here disagree and were making their point. You attributed the Decel Popping to sounding like a "Jalopy". Again others on here disagree. And now you say the others that don't agree with you have a "skewed point of view."

I stated that taking the decel pop out makes it sound like a Prius. Clearly an over exaggeration. Just making a point, our cars V8's sound more like race cars vs. quietly muffled passenger cars. And, that is partly why we buy them and make them louder (to resemble and/or sound like race cars).

Yes, we all have strong opinions. Mine is no more right that yours. Just like the color of mine Camaro is no better than yours. I like Deceleration Popping noise out of my Camaro. You don't. No problem! Keep posting, we all have cars we love. We can agree upon that.
Well said, agreed!
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #48
dklowrider

Drives: 2012 1SS, 6spd. many mods 478 rwhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Because is is a hallmark of performance cars from days gone by.
I hear what you're saying. I've been to many types of races in my life, watching cars with carbs, distributors and no computers pound a road course. Some did it, some didn't. I used to attribute that to unburned fuel igniting as it exited the hot exhaust pipes.
I guess I believe that a modern injected computer controlled car, tuned properly, should not replicate sounds emitted by an old race car with old school technology. It's a shame you can't type noises, but a good solid 'burble' on decel, or a crisp 'brap' when shifting at high rpm's is a nice sound. If on decel you get 'crackle pop crackle crackle pop pow pow bla bla pop', that sounds like the motor needs a better tune. I would expect to look up and see an old pickup with glass packs rolling to a stop.

And I don't know what in god's name that noise is that those Jag's make, but I would be embarassed to rev it up if it were mine.

Of course this is my personal opinion.
dklowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #49
rock1962

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Headers, gutted cats, muffler delete = love the decel pop
rock1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:54 PM   #50
camarossdusk
whippled 5th gen

Drives: 2013 camaro ss
mine pops a lot less with new tune, but it doesn't bother me at all, gutted cats, npp exhaust with kooks 1 7/8 long tubes.
camarossdusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 06:44 PM   #51
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
I hear what you're saying. I've been to many types of races in my life, watching cars with carbs, distributors and no computers pound a road course. Some did it, some didn't. I used to attribute that to unburned fuel igniting as it exited the hot exhaust pipes.
I guess I believe that a modern injected computer controlled car, tuned properly, should not replicate sounds emitted by an old race car with old school technology. It's a shame you can't type noises, but a good solid 'burble' on decel, or a crisp 'brap' when shifting at high rpm's is a nice sound. If on decel you get 'crackle pop crackle crackle pop pow pow bla bla pop', that sounds like the motor needs a better tune. I would expect to look up and see an old pickup with glass packs rolling to a stop.

And I don't know what in god's name that noise is that those Jag's make, but I would be embarassed to rev it up if it were mine.

Of course this is my personal opinion.
I guess that's just an old school way of thinking, not that there's anything wrong with that. Someone younger isn't going to think of it that way necessarily because they didn't grow up with carbed cars and trucks with glasspacks driving around everywhere. Now that we live in the days of ecoboost, and 4 cyl engines that can put out over 300 hp from the factory, I guess it's a given that you're going to get new sounds along with that...like them or not. While I do like the sound an F-Type makes, I see your point. It seems more manufactured and fake, rather than natural. But in defense of that, they want their car to sound different from the rest of the V8s out there, to be different and give people a reason to choose Jag over the competition. I really respect ballsy manufacturers like that, that take risks and try to stand out from the pack, instead of playing it safe and going with the status quo.
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:06 PM   #52
shaggy2002

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS w RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les7311 View Post
Just curious. ...

what's the end results for a fuse pull on a 2012 LS3 V8?

.....just curious?

The flaps will never close in the npp exhaust with the fuse out. If you have the fuse in, you can start your car and the flaps are open....after about thirty seconds you will here the exhaust get quieter. Someone with far more knowledge than me would have to explain this better. Without the fuse, the flaps never close and the exhaust stays louder. I forgot how much louder the pull makes it until I put the fuse back in for the road trip I took for thanksgiving. I also have less decel pop with the fuse in.
shaggy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #53
dklowrider

Drives: 2012 1SS, 6spd. many mods 478 rwhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy2002 View Post
The flaps will never close in the npp exhaust with the fuse out. If you have the fuse in, you can start your car and the flaps are open....after about thirty seconds you will here the exhaust get quieter. Someone with far more knowledge than me would have to explain this better. Without the fuse, the flaps never close and the exhaust stays louder. I forgot how much louder the pull makes it until I put the fuse back in for the road trip I took for thanksgiving. I also have less decel pop with the fuse in.
He may have been referring to the other fuse pull to restore things after running low octane fuel. We didn't have npp in '12.
dklowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 01:36 PM   #54
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #55
Les7311

Drives: 2017 Zl1 (M6)
Send a message via Yahoo to Les7311
The link made reference to dual tips. ... I have a single tip....

So I Guess the fuse pull doesn't apply to single tips. ..??
Les7311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:57 PM   #56
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
Lmao....
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote