Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 11-25-2017, 06:16 PM   #1
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Automatic cold air after top is closed

I just recently noticed (didn’t do it last year) that if I’m driving on a cool night, and have the heat going... when I put the top up the heat immediately shuts off (the second the top latches) the fan goes to high and cold air is now supplied
For no good reason. It’s strange in that the temperature in the car is less than the setpoint (by 10F or more) Why is putting the top up immediately changing the heat /cool cycle? As well, it’will take setting the heat to 80+, when I know the interior temp is around 60F for the heat to mildly kick in. This only happens when I put the top up while using heat...I’m assuming it a sofware glitch, anyone else?
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:46 AM   #2
17_50
Not A Loser

Drives: 2017 H50 1AK67 MN6
Mine does this as well. It will also do it when I put the top down, but only if I do not have the climate set to "Auto." My guess is there is two modes that can be set (top up/down) and it is recalling the last for each. I will be taking it out today so I will have to test and see. I will let you know what I discover.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:59 PM   #3
somedude

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT Convertible Auto V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
I just recently noticed (didn’t do it last year) that if I’m driving on a cool night, and have the heat going... when I put the top up the heat immediately shuts off (the second the top latches) the fan goes to high and cold air is now supplied
For no good reason. It’s strange in that the temperature in the car is less than the setpoint (by 10F or more) Why is putting the top up immediately changing the heat /cool cycle? As well, it’will take setting the heat to 80+, when I know the interior temp is around 60F for the heat to mildly kick in. This only happens when I put the top up while using heat...I’m assuming it a sofware glitch, anyone else?
I have not noticed but will test it out on my car ASAP and let you know the results.

PS.. are you putting the top up while driving or parked?
somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:42 PM   #4
Chutzpah

Top up when parked.. as soon as the roof latches, the fan speed picks up and cold air. I don’t think I had mine in auto mode when it happens.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:45 PM   #5
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Mine did this too. was running the heater with the top down. Got cold air immediately after the top latched in the UP position (i was not stopped).
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 06:03 PM   #6
somedude

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT Convertible Auto V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Top up when parked.. as soon as the roof latches, the fan speed picks up and cold air. I don’t think I had mine in auto mode when it happens.
OK I just tried it on a quick grocery trip, full blast, HI setting(not automatic)and nothing changed when the top closed and latched. Still blowing hot air and fan speed running full blast.

I will pay closer attention and see if things change, or maybe a setting that is tripped automatically with the top operation.
somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:34 PM   #7
Chutzpah

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
OK I just tried it on a quick grocery trip, full blast, HI setting(not automatic)and nothing changed when the top closed and latched. Still blowing hot air and fan speed running full blast.

I will pay closer attention and see if things change, or maybe a setting that is tripped automatically with the top operation.
thanks for the responses...not the end of the world since 95% of the time I drive w/top down and no heat.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:37 AM   #8
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Mine does the same thing. And intermittently, the AC light will turn on also.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:21 PM   #9
Chutzpah

Not the same issue but worth posting because it may be related...

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.torq...g-problems/amp
Old 11-29-2017, 09:33 PM   #10
Robrock

Drives: roblutts
I just picked up my '17 last Saturday and it did the same exact thing. Outside temp with maybe 70 and as soon as the top latched, the A/C came on at a high fan setting. Didn't know if I had something set incorrectly.
Robrock is offline   Reply With Quote