Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

AWE Tuning

Old 04-02-2017, 08:35 AM   #1
thornstein

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Rattle, right rear interior panel on 2016 2SS convertibled

Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this. Getting a constant rattle in the panel to the right of the right rear seat. When I put pressure against it, it stops. But, when stopping the top in mid open or closing, you can see down there pretty well. Nothing seems loose, not eve the panel. So I'm wondering if something is banging against it from the top mechanism. Any thoughts please? Thank you.
thornstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:19 AM   #2
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Took mine to the dealer when I heard a creak coming from back of the car, drivers side. Car only had a couple hundred miles on it. They found a broken clip and replaced. At 11,000 miles or so, the small spring actuated cover that goes into place after the top is down was failing to pop up on the drivers side and I could hear a squeak from the passengers side when top was up. Took to the dealer and they replaced both assembles (DS and PS). This eliminated the problems. I can dig up the service records if you want more details. I love the car! Love the Top! Can't wait for winter to end.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:21 AM   #3
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
More info ...
I have finally dug out the service record regarding the noise I was hearing with the top up. It is as follows:
Test drove vehicle verified creek noise over bump from driver rear. Inspect drivers rear of interior and found creek noise to be coming from underneath quarter lower rear trim panel. Removed front side door sill garnish molding, quarter upper trim panel, and rear back seat cushion seats to remove quarter lower trim panel. Inspected for damage. Found the metal retaining tabs securing quarter lower trim panel once installed to cause creek noise while driving over bumps. Installed Kent automotive BRS flocking tape on metal retaining tabs that secure quarter lower trim panel. Reinstalled all parts in reverse order…
I have not heard the noise since.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:42 AM   #4
thornstein

Thanks for that. This rattle is present over every little bump, almost constant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driski View Post
More info ...
I have finally dug out the service record regarding the noise I was hearing with the top up. It is as follows:
Test drove vehicle verified creek noise over bump from driver rear. Inspect drivers rear of interior and found creek noise to be coming from underneath quarter lower rear trim panel. Removed front side door sill garnish molding, quarter upper trim panel, and rear back seat cushion seats to remove quarter lower trim panel. Inspected for damage. Found the metal retaining tabs securing quarter lower trim panel once installed to cause creek noise while driving over bumps. Installed Kent automotive BRS flocking tape on metal retaining tabs that secure quarter lower trim panel. Reinstalled all parts in reverse order…
I have not heard the noise since.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:42 PM   #5
Bigdog9586

Drives: 2016 Z06 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornstein View Post
Thanks for that. This rattle is present over every little bump, almost constant.
That's a good thing since it can be easily duplicated.
Bigdog9586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:40 AM   #6
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Read this thread - good chance that this is what it may be for you.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=478741&page=2
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:30 PM   #7
thornstein

Thanks for the lead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
Read this thread - good chance that this is what it may be for you.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=478741&page=2