Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-21-2017, 07:31 PM   #1
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Appalling 237 Day Supply of Camaros on Dealer Lots

This is getting scary. GM will be forced to take ugly action over this.

Quote:
While crossovers, SUVs and pickup trucks continue to move like a firesale, sedans and sports cars are feeling the cold shoulder in today’s auto market. Specifically, six out of ten vehicles with the highest days’ supply inventory were General Motors vehicles.
And, not shockingly, they’re cars, not crossovers. A chart from the Associated Press, reported by Corvette Blogger, shows America’s sportscar at number four on the list with a 267 days’ supply of Corvettes across the United States. Days’ supply is calculated by the number of days inventory would meet consumer demand at the current sales rate.

As for the 2017 Chevrolet Camaro, it’s right behind the Corvette, with a 237 day supply at hand across the country.

Worse news surrounds Buick. The all-new recently introduced 2017 Buick LaCrosse tops the list with a whopping 330 day supply of sedans. A shame, because the LaCrosse is quite a nice package, as we found out last year during our first drive with it.

Rounding out the list are the Buick Cascada convertible (298 day supply), Buick Verano compact sedan (234 day supply) and the Buick Regal (222 day supply). Previous reports peg GM to have a 105-day supply of vehicles on average; a 60-day supply is deemed healthy in the industry.

Granted, cold weather and inclement weather don’t help move vehicles, after the Northeast was pounded with a winter storm, but the numbers are still shocking. As the North and Midwest states begin to thaw out into spring, sales may begin to rebound.

In the meantime, it could be an excellent opportunity to score some discounts on the Camaro, Corvette and various Buick passenger cars.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #2
wd40

Drives: Pending
Inventory

In January and February I called several dealers across the country that still had new 2016 2SS units on the floor. I kept waiting for another GM 20% tag sale, but it never came. I haven't checked lately but I know there are still a few new 2016's on lots. Not good to have left over model year new units at the end of the 1st quarter of 2017. I see asking prices for low miles (3K or under) used units higher than what you could have purchased a new one in October with the 20% tag. Not worth it to me.
wd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:25 PM   #3
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Camaro's not alone in this...

267 days worth of Corvettes, and 222-330 days worth of Buick cars.

I'd be willing to bet most other manufacturer's are seeing similar things...this recent, rapid shift to SUVs and Trucks seems to have been far more quickly and dramatic than anyone predicted...
Old 03-21-2017, 08:27 PM   #4
fattyz28

Drives: 20 2SS 1LE
I think some of the fault falls back on the dealer myself. In my area, since then 6th gen rolled out, I have seen all automatics with the exception of 3 or 4 6 speeds.

I bet you can't find a leftover manual 2016 in the country and most everyone who got the 20% off got an auto. Not all but most.

That would be a job I would like. Getting to option out the vehicles for a dealership. You have to a variety. Not just loaded to the gills or stripped down.
fattyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:29 PM   #5
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
The roads here in California are so bad, perfect for an suv

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:37 PM   #6

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
They should just add roof-racks to the Camaros and call it a crossover....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:44 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
They should just add roof-racks to the Camaros and call it a crossover....
Lift kit?
Old 03-21-2017, 08:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Lift kit?
that would help....and maybe some running boards....lol...
Old 03-21-2017, 08:47 PM   #9
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
It's not just Chevy. In case any of you want a heads up.........the next bubble about to burst is sub prime lending in the auto industry. Chrysler has already sent out the memo. No more long term financing and no more sub prime. Credit is tightening. Just watch. You'll go back to this post throughout the year. It's coming.

Now, that might not be the exact reason why there is inventory, but I'll bet $1000 that is most to blame. But, you know, I know nothing. My biz partners only have 60 yrs collectively in the car biz as GM's. They both just quit Chrysler a month ago. They can't qualify shit and even the deals that they used to qualify, the bank fee's are way too high. It's coming and soon.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:48 PM   #10
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
that would help....and maybe some running boards....lol...
This lives near me...
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2017, 08:52 PM   #11
VCSRT

Drives: Jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
It's not just Chevy. In case any of you want a heads up.........the next bubble about to burst is sub prime lending in the auto industry. Chrysler has already sent out the memo. No more long term financing and no more sub prime. Credit is tightening. Just watch. You'll go back to this post throughout the year. It's coming.

Now, that might not be the exact reason why there is inventory, but I'll bet $1000 that is most to blame. But, you know, I know nothing. My biz partners only have 60 yrs collectively in the car biz as GM's. They both just quit Chrysler a month ago.
FCA is definitely less willing to deal, still trying to figure out how the Challenger out sold Camaro last month...
VCSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #12
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCSRT View Post
FCA is definitely less willing to deal, still trying to figure out how the Challenger out sold Camaro last month...
Who knows. haha. Was just saying if you look at the auto industry as a whole, I think EVERY manufacturers numbers are down and way down and they'll be way down for the next year or two.

But, whatever. Won't affect me any. Just saying. And I agree. Been seeing alot of new Camaro's showing out.

Was out at Tx2k. Saw a ton of new gens out. Very few Chargers and Challengers.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:02 PM   #13

As much as there is a lot of griping over Camaro's sticker price, an SUV or a truck is stupid expensive, yet they sell like hot-cakes....Profit margins have always been the highest for trucks and suvs.... I don't think GM is losing any sleep over Camaro sales as long as trucks and suvs are selling....

The mob is fickle....Get mom that Suv, then the 2nd family car will be dad's Vette or Camaro...
Old 03-21-2017, 09:04 PM   #14
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
As much as there is a lot of griping over Camaro's sticker price, an SUV or a truck is stupid expensive, yet they sell like hot-cakes....Profit margins have always been the highest for trucks and suvs.... I don't think GM is losing any sleep over Camaro sales as long as trucks and suvs are selling....

The mob is fickle....Get mom that Suv, then the 2nd family car will be dad's Vette or Camaro...
That is a very interesting point.