Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 03-10-2017, 04:39 AM   #29
blpadge2

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewska View Post
I had this problem DAYS after taking delivery. Super annoying and I was really regretting buying the car. Between ordering parts, and their "convertible technician" going on vacation my Dealer had my car 4 of the first 6 weeks of ownership. The final resolution was replacing the assembly parts (roll away spring, and plastic piece) on both sides.

It's really been the only issue and since it's been resolved I've had 0 problems. I'm in Texas and have been fortunate enough to take the top down nearly everyday.

It's obviously something wrong with the factory parts, but once it gets replaced it seems just fine now.
Yep I had to have roll away spring and plastic piece replace plus the plastic guide underneath along with the brass track it rode on was bent.

From what I gather from my service rep that part is not right from the manufacturer but GM didn't expect issues with it so no replacements are in stock. Knocking wood my will be right too.
blpadge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 03:12 PM   #30
Hypedup2016

Drives: 2016 Hyperblue Camaro SS converible
I have the same problem. Did they list the parts that were ordered on your service work order. I'm hoping my dealer doesn't have the same problem ordering parts.
Hypedup2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:21 PM   #31
Drysideshooter

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Good on the GM service person for getting involved in this thread. That shows some genuine concern.

A couple years ago I had a small recall on a BMW motorcycle. There is a dealer I like in the Reno area and we were traveling there for a fun trip so I made arrangements to have them do the recall work. When I dropped it off they entered the VIN and said just that day my bike had been added to an additional recall campaign for a brake line. Several other bikes that used the same line had already had a recall for a few months. It turns out there were no parts in the country because they had all been used already. I told the guy no problem, I'll make arrangements to get that fixed at the dealer closer to home after we got back. A bit later I got a call and he said since it was a potential safety issue BMW didn't want me to take the bike. They air freighted the part from Austria to Reno and had it there the same day. I can't imagine what that cost. I still picked my bike up on time. Previously I had some other great experienced with BMW motorcycle service issues and that one just really made me over the top loyal.

I think the person on this forum from GM getting involved shows a similar caring attitude and commitment to service.

ON EDIT: There is a saying in the car business that sales often makes the first sale, but service often makes subsequent sales. I think that's largely true.
Drysideshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:01 PM   #32
blpadge2

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypedup2016 View Post
I have the same problem. Did they list the parts that were ordered on your service work order. I'm hoping my dealer doesn't have the same problem ordering parts.
I have to check for you tomorrow.
blpadge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:07 AM   #33
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drysideshooter View Post
Good on the GM service person for getting involved in this thread. That shows some genuine concern.
... ...
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:58 PM   #34
Donrican

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Has anyone had this fixed? This issue just surfaced on my 2017 FIFTY. The passenger side is not working. I have an appointment with the dealer Friday and I was hoping it would go smoothly. If I knew what to expect I might save some time having them order all the parts at one time and not piece by piece as others have.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:39 PM   #35
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keifer View Post
I seriously doubt GM told anyone that!

Some parts are only available from the supplier so it would not be available from the "parts depot".

The supplier would drop ship directly to the dealership.

GM thinking it wouldn't break under warranty
the bolt to the right piston for my top broke/came out & after 2 weeks, dealer said that GM didn't have the part and had to look through dealerships' inventory or get it from the assembly line. After 6 weeks, the bolt & new pistons are finally in. So I have no doubt that GM is making that statement.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:11 AM   #36
Donrican

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
I just brought my FIFTY into the dealer. I was not the first with this issue which is comforting. They aren't going to learn how to fix it on my car. They said it's a quick fix but also said it's on national back order. They said it will take about 2 weeks to get the parts in. No loaner needed.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:43 PM   #37
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie52 View Post
Have had same issue with the drivers side cover sticking and not closing when tip is down. Took it in today to check the rear end and get this fixed. Will see how it goes.
I started to have this issue recently. It usually pops into place on its own within a minute of driving. Did you ever get yours fixed?
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:33 PM   #38
robbie52

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
I started to have this issue recently. It usually pops into place on its own within a minute of driving. Did you ever get yours fixed?
After they replaced the track assembly, have not had any issues and top has been up and down a lot this summer.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:16 PM   #39
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
The dealership replaced one of mine that broke during other work on the top. After waiting a month for the part they pulled one from a car on the lot. They even paid me for time lost waiting on GM to send the part.

Dealership is Kurtiss Chevy in Havelock NC. FANTASTIC customer service!
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:40 AM   #40
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Does anyone know if the upper panel (with the exposed plastic piece) that retracts and then closes, is a 1 piece assembly? I was hoping to pop it off while the top was down to inspect for a rattle. I just don't want to disengage / break linkage etc. if I attempt this weekend.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:06 PM   #41
deButler

Drives: 2016 HBM 2SS 6M
We purchased a new 2017 RS Vert and this part broke the first night we put the top down/up which was the day after we took delivery. We took it back to the dealer but they were not able to fix it and had to order one of these "Non Existent" parts that is still on back order now for 4 1/2 weeks. Pretty upset that they cannot get these parts and have to wait so long to get a replacement, with no feedback from the dealership.

deButler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:34 PM   #42
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
I heard popping on my car too. I just assumed it was part of the closing action. Guess I should have it checked out.
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plastic, replace, retract, stuck, tonneau