Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-10-2017, 06:32 PM   #435
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
My dealership is taking the window out tomorrow to fix the issue. I've had good work done by them; They discovered the reason for my top/rear decklid constantly rattling. I posted the pics & fix in a forum here - many people have used the methods to fix their noises.

Since they've proved themselves to me, I trust them. Is taking the windshield out really that bad of a thing?
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #436
Jones732

Drives: 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
My dealership is taking the window out tomorrow to fix the issue. I've had good work done by them; They discovered the reason for my top/rear decklid constantly rattling. I posted the pics & fix in a forum here - many people have used the methods to fix their noises.

Since they've proved themselves to me, I trust them. Is taking the windshield out really that bad of a thing?
Let me know how the Windshield fogging fix works.
Jones732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:11 PM   #437
TybeeSS

Drives: 2017 2SS Auto
Quote:

I literally had a dozen windshields replaced in 7 different cars including higher end cars and never had an issue. I usually replace windshields when I get close to 100k miles if something hasn't cracked it before then. Windshields are not a problem for a pro.
TybeeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:49 PM   #438
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
ban this be done with a bore scope without removing the windshield. whats the latest TSB for this? this thing works great https://www.amazon.com/MiluoTech-End...ords=borescope
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:55 PM   #439
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Mine does it too sometimes. Two foggy spots right in the middle
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:04 PM   #440
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroMayhem View Post
Florida resident here, I experienced this same frustrating fogging. A solution was posted earlier here, and it works. I got a 4 foot section of "commercial vinyl baseboard" cut it to 18 inches and placed it over the vent. Lowes has black and grey in stock at my local store. It has a lip on one end that tucks between the windshield and dash, so it doesn't slide around. I haven't had time to do a more custom cut but it will be easy to do. this solution appealed to me rather than have the local Chevy dealer tear out the dash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroMayhem View Post
Did you use the heavy vinyl stuff? Maybe I'm not giving it enough gas, I am still in break - in mode.
I'm using exactly the same vinyl baseboard from Lowe's with the small lip along one edge. I tucked the lip edge into the base of the windshield and have not had it break loose yet on hard acceleration.

As far as I'm concerned, this is my permanent fix. Easy to put in place and easy to remove if I need more defogging.

No fogging at all anymore. I've practically forgotten it's there until I ran across this thread again! .

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:13 PM   #441
JCunningham

what about just through a t shirt up there or a piece of fabric?
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 07-13-2017, 11:12 PM   #442
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
it will still be cold. its not the air blowing on it. the problem is the temperature difference between the inside of the glass and the outside air.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:18 PM   #443
n813ca

Drives: 2106 SS
If you block the vent it really reduces it. So yes a shirt would do it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
n813ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:32 AM   #444
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
I should be picking mine back up today or tomorrow after the fix is done. I'll let you all know how it turned out.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:46 AM   #445
RCF

Drives: '17 2SS, NGM, MRC, DPP; '19 F150
Quote:
I should be picking mine back up today or tomorrow after the fix is done. I'll let you all know how it turned out.
Same here!
RCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:57 AM   #446
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
A tee-shirt will work just fine. I recommend black or dark gray so its reflection won't be distracting. I stopped using my rolled up towel because whenever I put my sun shield up, it would move the towel out of position. The vinyl baseboard is flat and stays in place perfectly.

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:16 PM   #447
JCunningham

Old 07-16-2017, 09:08 AM   #448
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCGxKaLiBeR View Post
Mine is outside as well. Weird. It never happened on all other cars that I drove.
Its only showing up now because the temps have been hot and humid. I never noticed it until now,then again I havn't used my AC much until now.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote