Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-21-2017, 09:20 PM   #15
SkipNWis

Drives: 2016/SS Has had 4 Gen 5's
If they'd let me out of my Lease early, I'd be willing to replace mine with a Newer one think I'd go with a convertible next time. Never should have been a 2016 Camaro! Brought the GEN 6 out in 2017! Then made a really big DEAl about the 50th anniversary. ZL1 and the 1LE....

SnoWhite

Last edited by SkipNWis; 03-22-2017 at 10:08 PM.
SkipNWis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:21 PM   #16
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
As much as there is a lot of griping over Camaro's sticker price, an SUV or a truck is stupid expensive, yet they sell like hot-cakes....Profit margins have always been the highest for trucks and suvs.... I don't think GM is losing any sleep over Camaro sales as long as trucks and suvs are selling....

The mob is fickle....Get mom that Suv, then the 2nd family car will be dad's Vette or Camaro...
People buy what works for them. Sport cars are not a need (for most) but a like. One can see out of trucks, 6'5" you'll fit, need to carry something, more than two folks at once, going bird hunting...etc... just more you can do with a truck/real suv. I still think GM shot itself in the foot by doubling down on the chop top C6 by lowering the top more then the C5. With the economy and outlook on the up swing, maybe the be nice to have things will rebound.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:41 PM   #17
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
It's more than Camaro and Corvette. Sedans are hurting as well. ATS and CTS sales are in worse shape than Camaro. Our local Cadillac dealer has the lot lined with XT5s and Escalades.

The other issue is as GM moves up market with pricing you are now walking into MB and BMW pricing and that matters. A loaded Malibu is $35,000, as is a Fusion. MB lowest sedan starts at $32,000. For many people the brand matters. What did you buy? Answer? Which one gets you an "ohhhhh, nice"? A Chevy Malibu or a Mercedes?

It's a rough business. No money to be md ighting t the bottom and if you go up top you just don have the brand cache (Cadillac, cough....cough)

And the worst part is 20 years from now we will only be arguing about what self driving pod has the most comfortable seating and best audio/video/connectivity.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:42 PM   #18
Aboynamedsue

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
As much as there is a lot of griping over Camaro's sticker price, an SUV or a truck is stupid expensive, yet they sell like hot-cakes....Profit margins have always been the highest for trucks and suvs.... I don't think GM is losing any sleep over Camaro sales as long as trucks and suvs are selling....

The mob is fickle....Get mom that Suv, then the 2nd family car will be dad's Vette or Camaro...
You couldn't be more right my wife loves her Highlander, and I now love my Camaro!
Old 03-21-2017, 09:43 PM   #19
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
And the worst part is 20 years from now we will only be arguing about what self driving pod has the most comfortable seating and best audio/video/connectivity.
Hopefully there'll be a sub-forum for autonomous pods avoidance...
Old 03-21-2017, 09:54 PM   #20
WeatherGuy

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Guess my subscription to Car and Driver will become Car and Rider - though I will be fighting to drive my own frickin car to the bitter end. On another matter, I wonder how small towns and law enforcement are going to deal with the loss of speeding ticket revenue given robocars will probably not be speeding or running stop signs ...
WeatherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:57 PM   #21
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
GM knows our passion for the Camaro. As long as they are healthy we will get our Camaro's. Their being healthy does not depend on Camaro sales. When it does, then that's another story.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:01 AM   #22
cooden

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS & '15 Durango R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyz28 View Post
I bet you can't find a leftover manual 2016 in the country and most everyone who got the 20% off got an auto.
On Autotrader, I found 4 new '16 SS manuals within 300 miles of my zip code & 11 new '16 SS manuals within the "anywhere" selection of my zip code. One of them was marked $10K off for $39K. And that's just looking on autotrader--I'm sure a dealer using their search tool can find some more leftovers.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:13 AM   #23
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
This lives near me...
That is total badass! I would buy that & bring it here to NC. I'd just change out the snow plow for a set of discs to plow the fields with!
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:46 AM   #24
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
It's not just Chevy. In case any of you want a heads up.........the next bubble about to burst is sub prime lending in the auto industry. Chrysler has already sent out the memo. No more long term financing and no more sub prime. Credit is tightening. Just watch. You'll go back to this post throughout the year. It's coming.

Now, that might not be the exact reason why there is inventory, but I'll bet $1000 that is most to blame. But, you know, I know nothing. My biz partners only have 60 yrs collectively in the car biz as GM's. They both just quit Chrysler a month ago. They can't qualify shit and even the deals that they used to qualify, the bank fee's are way too high. It's coming and soon.
I believe you. It's all going to get very bad soon and not just the car industry. Political instability doesn't help sell anything.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:10 AM   #25
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyz28 View Post
I think some of the fault falls back on the dealer myself. In my area, since then 6th gen rolled out, I have seen all automatics with the exception of 3 or 4 6 speeds.

I bet you can't find a leftover manual 2016 in the country and most everyone who got the 20% off got an auto. Not all but most.

That would be a job I would like. Getting to option out the vehicles for a dealership. You have to a variety. Not just loaded to the gills or stripped down.
I have a friend that is a Vice President at my local Chevy dealership and he does all the ordering and keeps up with trends on stock. We talked about how he orders and what sells. I can tell you he always keeps a few manuals on the lot and they don't sell near as fast as the autos. His presales are almost all auto. This is why your not going to find too many manuals, the public wants the faster auto

Cheap gas means SUV and as most have said numbers are down across the board on cars like the Corvette
Old 03-22-2017, 07:42 AM   #26
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
I believe you. It's all going to get very bad soon and not just the car industry. Political instability doesn't help sell anything.
I don't know about that...The economy is cyclical, of course...but the auto industry (if we restrict our discussion to that) as a whole is predicting a stable sales volume of about 17-18 million for this year, which is where it's been at for the last couple of years...There's just been a huge shift to trucks and SUVs from cars. We've seen this shift before, just perhaps never this quick.

And despite these cars on lots, GM reports a total market share increase of .9 points overall, and .7 points in just retail sales in 2016...so fingers crossed they can roll out some great crossovers, SUVs and Trucks to meet demand, and continue that upwards trend. Trucks and SUVs have always benefitted them in the past.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:45 AM   #27
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I don't know about that...The economy is cyclical, of course...but the auto industry (if we restrict our discussion to that) as a whole is predicting a stable sales volume of about 17 million, which is where it's been at for the last couple of years...There's just been a huge shift to trucks and SUVs from cars. We've seen this shift before, just perhaps never this quick.
I'm in the construction equipment industry and the professional forecast point to strength through 2019

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:05 AM   #28
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
yeah, I think the industry is mostly fine...if SUVs and trucks are selling like hotcakes, then that should be very good.

But as for the Camaro/ATS, what I find hard to believe is that they aren't idling the plan for a good while. At this rate, they could idle the plant for at least a month or longer and be good. Do I want that to happen? Of course not, but this seems like a valid case for it. I know when a dealer orders a specific car for a customer, they can mark the order as a sold order (can't remember the right terminology) and so I can see the factory just pushing those orders through as they are right now, and then shutting it down for a while.