The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-23-2018, 11:51 AM   #15
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
For as long as I have been on this site all I hear is that FCA is in trouble and the sky is falling on them, was told it was going to happen 16,17,18 well still there. Well Challenger is still selling in large numbers while a New Camaro is not selling as well and even the Mustang has stumbled a bit.
The future for these cars is not know GM could pull the Camaro like it did the last time and who knows what the new Challenger could be or if they stop making it again, the only one that has been going since 64 is the Mustang so I'm sure Ford will keep that going.
I will keep driving Muscle cars to the end with my Cutlass and Challenger.
Really like what FCA has done with the Challenger more than what GM has done to the Camaro, drag racing is more to my liking than track.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:15 AM   #16
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
For as long as I have been on this site all I hear is that FCA is in trouble and the sky is falling on them, was told it was going to happen 16,17,18 well still there. Well Challenger is still selling in large numbers while a New Camaro is not selling as well and even the Mustang has stumbled a bit.
The future for these cars is not know GM could pull the Camaro like it did the last time and who knows what the new Challenger could be or if they stop making it again, the only one that has been going since 64 is the Mustang so I'm sure Ford will keep that going.
I will keep driving Muscle cars to the end with my Cutlass and Challenger.
Really like what FCA has done with the Challenger more than what GM has done to the Camaro, drag racing is more to my liking than track.
Lol. No one cares
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:32 AM   #17
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
10 year old platform...who cares. The Camaro came back in 2010 with an incredible design. Then they refreshed it and the majority of people hated it. Then the 6th Gen came out and people complain about that because it costs too much. The 2010 Mustang was refreshed and people complained. In 2011 it was sharpened and people complained. It was redesigned in 2015 but the money used for the redesign meant they had to sacrifice on performance and people complained. The GT350 was a failure. Now the 2018 refresh is out and people complained. It still can't corner well. And with the increased price comes marginally increased performance but only in a straight line. To get one that handles means waiting for the PP2 which will cost even more and people complain about that. So now we get to the Challenger. FCA decides to save money by NOT altering the looks and people complain. They steadily increase hp/tq and then offer the most powerful mass produced engine and people complain that it is on an old platform. They up the ante again with the Demon and people still complain about the 10 year old platform. So when the manufacturers refresh and redesign people complain. When they don't complain about the looks they complain about the lacking performance. When the looks are ok and the performance is superb as with the 6th Gen Camaro then they complain about the price. People complain that the HC and Demon are one-trick-ponies but then get mad that the ZL1 (which does everything well) is limited and needs serious modifications to keep up with a bolt-on HC. So no matter what these companies do...people complain.

I don't care how old the platform is, these cars look awesome!! I got my HC's oil changed a little over a week ago and saw the new CHarger HCs and a few Trackhawks. The Challys and Chargers are awesome looking despite how old the platform is. So what it doesn't corner...don't you guys know how to mod a suspension? It is a 707 hp car that is roomy, comfortable, very well optioned, and has an aftermarket of suspension upgrades to help it corner better. It has trunk space, it can fit 4 adults comfortably. It is competitively priced. What more do you guys want??
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 06:09 AM   #18
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
10 year old platform...who cares. The Camaro came back in 2010 with an incredible design. Then they refreshed it and the majority of people hated it. Then the 6th Gen came out and people complain about that because it costs too much. The 2010 Mustang was refreshed and people complained. In 2011 it was sharpened and people complained. It was redesigned in 2015 but the money used for the redesign meant they had to sacrifice on performance and people complained. The GT350 was a failure. Now the 2018 refresh is out and people complained. It still can't corner well. And with the increased price comes marginally increased performance but only in a straight line. To get one that handles means waiting for the PP2 which will cost even more and people complain about that. So now we get to the Challenger. FCA decides to save money by NOT altering the looks and people complain. They steadily increase hp/tq and then offer the most powerful mass produced engine and people complain that it is on an old platform. They up the ante again with the Demon and people still complain about the 10 year old platform. So when the manufacturers refresh and redesign people complain. When they don't complain about the looks they complain about the lacking performance. When the looks are ok and the performance is superb as with the 6th Gen Camaro then they complain about the price. People complain that the HC and Demon are one-trick-ponies but then get mad that the ZL1 (which does everything well) is limited and needs serious modifications to keep up with a bolt-on HC. So no matter what these companies do...people complain.

I don't care how old the platform is, these cars look awesome!! I got my HC's oil changed a little over a week ago and saw the new CHarger HCs and a few Trackhawks. The Challys and Chargers are awesome looking despite how old the platform is. So what it doesn't corner...don't you guys know how to mod a suspension? It is a 707 hp car that is roomy, comfortable, very well optioned, and has an aftermarket of suspension upgrades to help it corner better. It has trunk space, it can fit 4 adults comfortably. It is competitively priced. What more do you guys want??
There is no such thing as a vehicle that will instantly make EVERYONE fall in love with it. It is all subjective. Human beings aren't stamped out on an assembly line. For me, a 4,500 lb. vehicle that can go really fast in a straight line for 1,320 ft. isn't that interesting. I could dump a blown 502 into an old Vega, save a ton of dough and also smoke a Demon. I want a vehicle that can excel at numerous tasks. Straight line, road course, country road cruising, long trips, you name it... For me, the ZL1 answers the call.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote