The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
mike@vossen

Drives: Camaro
Cool Vossen Video & Photoshoot "Valencia Orange" Modified 2012 BMW 1M with 450hp 20" CV3

This stunning Valencia Orange 1M with 20" Vossen CV3 wheels was shared by our buddy Twig on our Facebook page as well as made a splash on the BMW forums. We were lucky enough to get in contact with the owner Chris from AFX Customs who modified the 1M. It is lowered on KW V3 coilovers which enchances the stance with the 20x9 and 20x10.5 Vossen CV3 wheels. This 1M also is modified with Akrapovic down pipes, a Berk Technology mid pipe, Magnaflow axle back and an ESS tune. Overall this 1M currently makes over 450hp and 520lbs of torque over the stock 335hp rating!

The Vossen CV3s with its open face allow everyone to see the huge cross drilled brakes 14.2 inches in front and the concave rears match the curves of the 1M's rear end. The classic 5 spoke lines of the CV3 match the sporty intent of this modified 1M while the huge inner lips show this is no ordinary 5 spoke wheel! This is the first 1M with CV3s but we have a feeling it won't be the last one, Chris has started a trend here!

Please enjoy the 14 picture gallery by clicking any picture and then check out the awesome video showing the 1M in motion. We feel both the photoshoot and video will really pops off like that orange color pops off anywhere! Thanks and enjoy!

Vossen Wheels of course are backed by an industry leading 5 year warranty. Any questions please email us at sales@vossenwheels.com , call us at 305-463-778 or contact your Vossen Wheels Dealer and don't forget to check out our Facebook page!

Click the pic below to see the video!!
mike@vossen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
20s just look too big on it (and probably make it go too slow), especially in the rear. Would rather see 19s. Nice wheels, kinda look like some of the stockish ones I see on BMWs, that's always nice to keep it looking good, rather than some over-flashy design that doesn't match the car. I was looking heavily at a 135 and I definitely believe the numbers, although I'd assume they are at the crank and not wheels. A bigger turbo/injectors/pump would probably be necessary to send that kind of power to the wheels.
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vossen