Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-06-2016, 02:04 PM   #71
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey83 View Post
are these numbers for just the 6th gen sales or are the '15's that are still being sold included?
It includes everything, but there aren't many 5th gens left, so the vast majority are 6th gens.
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:30 PM   #72
XxStratos88xX

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS & 2015 Colorado ZLI
I'm in there ordered mine April 19th
XxStratos88xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:00 AM   #73
charlie46

Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
Ok we all know the 6 gens are the better drivers car than the new mustang gt 's how ever the mustang gt's are at a better price point and more practical in everyday driving in the outward visibility comparison mustang wins hands down .
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:38 AM   #74
Camaro SS Matt

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie46 View Post
Ok we all know the 6 gens are the better drivers car than the new mustang gt 's how ever the mustang gt's are at a better price point and more practical in everyday driving in the outward visibility comparison mustang wins hands down .
The Mustang with a few aftermarket suspension parts, new tires, and headers puts it around the same price as the Camaro and they both will perform similarly. That's the major difference in price to begin with. The Camaro comes with all the goodies.
Camaro SS Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:48 AM   #75
tom231

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro SS Matt View Post
The Mustang with a few aftermarket suspension parts, new tires, and headers puts it around the same price as the Camaro and they both will perform similarly. That's the major difference in price to begin with. The Camaro comes with all the goodies.
No matter how you slice it, with both cars similarly equipped from the factory, the Mustang comes in priced thousands less than the Camaro. Obviously, GM doesn't care about beating the Mustang in sales, otherwise, they would have them at the same price point.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
tom231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:56 AM   #76
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom231 View Post
No matter how you slice it, with both cars similarly equipped from the factory, the Mustang comes in priced thousands less than the Camaro. Obviously, GM doesn't care about beating the Mustang in sales, otherwise, they would have them at the same price point.

We don't know that GM doesn't care. For all we know they expected to sell 10, 20 or even 30% more by offering the far better performing car.

That is internal to GM and we'll never know what they expected to sell, we only know what they are selling.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:14 AM   #77
kcpoloman

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

GMs never cared about beating the Mustang in sales. The Mustang has a cult following and appeals to everyone. Men and women. GM from what I can tell cares more about putting out the better performing car which they have done consistently in their history of Camaro vs Mustang. As long as they sell what they plan and are turning a profit Im sure they are just fine with the endless sea of V6 Mustangs on the road.
kcpoloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:26 AM   #78
BrandX
Camaro Again?

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Had to go by the dealer to see if i could sneak in a service appointment. I ran into the salesman that sold me my 2016 2SS and he said the new model is a hard sell because of price....and lots of customers do not see a difference between the 2015. They just sold their last 2015 last week and they have seen more interest in the new model since that time.

My dealer is offering 1500 off sticker and 1500 Bonus Cash on most Camaros on the lot without even negotiating.
Old 05-07-2016, 10:12 AM   #79
G-Mann

Drives: 2015 F22 M235i
The sales numbers tell me that the Mustang performs good enough for the dollars saved.

Ford pretty much conceded the performance numbers to the camaro, GT350 excluded. Wondering if Ford will boost performance and price on the stang for 2017?

Anyhow saw a very sharp looking gray 2ss with an orange or red interior for 47k and change. At that price I have to consider adding a few K and going with a GT350 or M2. It looks as if a lot of people are going the other direction, saving a few K on a 5.0.
Old 05-07-2016, 10:14 AM   #80
Enator

Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
As I promised here comes the figures:

April 2016 Delivery (sales) Stats:

Camaro April 2016 Deliveries (actual sales):7,457 8% (Pr Ye)

Compared to Competition:

Mustang April 2016 Delivery (sales):12,726 -3% (Pr Ye)
Challenger April 2016 Delivery (sales):6,412 5% (Pr Ye)
Attached Images

Enator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 10:28 AM   #81
merlin803

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro 2SS
The Camaro sales seem to be trending in the right direction, especially considering the lack of advertising and decision to cut down on the low profit fleet sales.

All indications that I have seen from GM is that they are happy with the profits (too many people are forgetting that GM has indicated that they built in higher profits per car sold vs selling the most cars at a lower profit per sale).
merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 10:56 AM   #82

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Enator, thanks for the graphs...

You should still start your own thread like you have every month for many years now...

Maybe then the mods can merge this thread into your new one...Thanks...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:25 AM   #83
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:

We don't know that GM doesn't care. For all we know they expected to sell 10, 20 or even 30% more by offering the far better performing car.

That is internal to GM and we'll never know what they expected to sell, we only know what they are selling.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:33 AM   #84
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin803 View Post
The Camaro sales seem to be trending in the right direction, especially considering the lack of advertising and decision to cut down on the low profit fleet sales.

All indications that I have seen from GM is that they are happy with the profits (too many people are forgetting that GM has indicated that they built in higher profits per car sold vs selling the most cars at a lower profit per sale).
You must be looking at a different chart.

Camaro shows a steady decline since 2009. Look at the yellow trend line, not the "it's spring and every year all of these cars trend up" line.

And keep in mind, I've tried to make it clear, your profit per car are NOT higher unless you sell as many as your business case was based on. Spreading 100's of millions of dollars in tooling and many millions more in development across fewer cars than you planned for can be a BIG problem. So you can plan to make more profit per unit but you have to sell to the plan and we have no idea what that is.

GM has not said, "we planned to sell fewer Camaros in the sixth generation than we ever have". GM wants to sell a lot of Camaros, guys.

And if my eyesight is correct, this is the lowest April of Camaro sales on the chart.