The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 03-01-2007, 10:43 AM   #99
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
I asure you my friend it will be well worth the wait.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:20 AM   #100
camarosc35

Drives: 1989 Camaro RS (435+hp, 435 lb./ft)
Hi

My first post, very interested in your reactions to the new Camaro. My brother said a co-worker of his saw the concept at at Boston auto show and did not like it. I have read one person who saw it in Toronto and said it was okay, minus the front grille. I have a little concern about that, plus the extensive use of molding over the rear quarter panels. Like to know who else has seen this care live.
camarosc35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:43 PM   #101
camarosc35

Drives: 1989 Camaro RS (435+hp, 435 lb./ft)
I should add that I owned a 1982 6 cylinder Camaro Sports Coupe (107 bhp), an eight cylinder (think 268 Cubic Inch) Camaro Sports Coupe, note sure if 1983, for about two weeks until I totalled it, then went right back and got an HO Z28 (350, 180 bhp), not sure what year, an IROC Z (not sure of year, senility is creeping in) and, finally, the coupe de grace, a 1969 Camaro sports coupe I drove for ten years, to the ground, well off road, but drivable, and gave that to my son. My brother had a 1971 Camaro Sports Coupe, a 1969 ragtop, 1982 Camaro ZF, and currently a 1969 Camaro RS and 1970 and a-half Camaro RS. So, I know my Camaros, won't mention the countless hours tinkering with them or how many in the shop or all the money spent or restoration, upgrades and repair, either. So, you know I am VERY critical of the 2009 model and already wrote to GM about it. I would have to say I would need to see one in person to judge for sure what I think about it. Looks like the grille could be a litter wider and the round headlights more pronounced, though the hideaway lights seem to work, and there seems too much plastic used in the rear quarter panel area. Outside of that, the side view looks very nice, the rear section seems okay, but not sure if in person there is too much plastic below the taillights, too. I personally like the interior, at least in the pictures. Overall symmetry seems fine, from the side view, I would even say that the 2008 surpasses the 1969 - but have to see if the raked, angular quarter panel style looks good in person, though in some pictures it does appear as a curve. The roofline is definitely better than in 1969, specifically, the rear window which in the 1969, if I could find one flaw, it would be that the rear window (facing trunk area) is a bit steep and would appear dated by today's design standards. As far as the powertrain, the engine, transmission, suspension, tires, no contest, I would love to take the 2009 for a test spin, I might even bring in back in one piece.
camarosc35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:08 PM   #102
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
I am hoping(like someone else mentioned earlier) that GM will have some upgrades ready for this car in the 3rd or 4th model year.

I myself am a pure novice when come to auto mechanics, but I am vastly improving my knowledge day by day.

I have a some question for the older "muscle gear heads" in this group. I want to get an SS or Z28 when they finally decide to release this beauty, but depending on the set MSRP the pose for her, I may have to get a V6 at first. What type of of mods do you think I could put on a 6 cyl(or maybe the 8cyls if I am so fortunate) to give her a little kick. Or has there been any news about any after market performance parts being available for the 5th Gen. yet that I may have missed? Where should I look if so? I know it's a lot. But help a novice out guys if you can? Thanks guys.
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:17 PM   #103
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
M best friend is a Mustang guy, and his Mustang club just downright hate chevys, but, they are scared of this mew Camaro coming out. So welcome home.
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #104
MintStick
Camaro 2timer

Drives: 02 SS Coupe
Hi all. New guy here. Everyone calls the new model to be released the 5th gen Camaro. If the last Camaro produced was in summer '02, what gen were the super cars put out by GMMG in '03 and '04? We should pay homage to the real fifth gen and call this new model a sixth gen. Anyone with me? Anyhow, 5th or 6th, it is really cool lookin' monster - better to see in person.
MintStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:10 PM   #105
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintStick View Post
Hi all. New guy here. Everyone calls the new model to be released the 5th gen Camaro. If the last Camaro produced was in summer '02, what gen were the super cars put out by GMMG in '03 and '04? We should pay homage to the real fifth gen and call this new model a sixth gen. Anyone with me? Anyhow, 5th or 6th, it is really cool lookin' monster - better to see in person.
Welcome to the site! GMMG Camaros really are something special. Which are you talking about? the ZL-1 Supercars? I don't think you can consider any GMMG Camaro its own generation simply becasue it is a modified Camaro, not a new production Camaro.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #106
beautifulswissmiss

Drives: 83 Camaro Berlinetta, 98 Neon
Just checking in--I'm a Chevy girl (dating a Ford guy go fig) My first car was a camaro and I'm saving up for the 2008 which I'm ordering in september...
beautifulswissmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:05 AM   #107
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulswissmiss View Post
Just checking in--I'm a Chevy girl (dating a Ford guy go fig) My first car was a camaro and I'm saving up for the 2008 which I'm ordering in september...
What are you thinking?!?...dating a Ford guy...ugh.. Welcome to the site and we hope you enjoy it here!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:07 PM   #108
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Saying hello from Central/Mid-Michigan. I currently own 3 Camaros'.
Can't wait for the 5th gen to arrive.
I am the President of the Eastern Michigan Camaro Club!
Hello to all, and especially those guys from the Western Michigan club!!(They are everywhere)

Last edited by AlohaBR; 03-13-2007 at 07:15 PM. Reason: add signature
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:16 AM   #109
cpscamaro

Drives: Silver
Hi all.... I can't wait to get my '08/'09 Camaro! Silver with Black stripes!
cpscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:54 AM   #110
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Welcome all! Glad to see people checking in here. We're all in the same boat - just awaiting news on production schedule and final production design. Keep checking in for periodic updates.

What a glorious day that will be!
Old 03-15-2007, 01:57 PM   #111
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
Hi, I'm steve, a huge muscle car fan, i have owned pretty much all GM cars for what was bought new, i ended up with a ford mustang covertible for a while ( primarily because i got a great deal on a car with a racing engine in it)

I'm looking to step back into the new GM lineup with my new job working for GMAC realestate and love the look of the new camaro.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:19 PM   #112
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
Hi, I'm steve, a huge muscle car fan, i have owned pretty much all GM cars for what was bought new, i ended up with a ford mustang covertible for a while ( primarily because i got a great deal on a car with a racing engine in it)

I'm looking to step back into the new GM lineup with my new job working for GMAC realestate and love the look of the new camaro.
Then you are in good company! Welcome and enjoy the site!