The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-05-2006, 01:58 AM   #1
official_style

Drives: 2005 ford mustang GT
whatup just joined!

i am loving this new camaro design, so i had to join the site! currently i am driving a 2005 mustang gt, this was my first ford. i am thinking the new camaro will be my next car. its about time that the american car companies start making REAL cars again. dont bash cuz i have a mustang! i like ford and GM, (Still have my yukon) but not mopar....here are some pics of the stang...

official_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:20 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
What's going on, bro. Good to have you here. Personally, I've never really been that much of a Ford guy (NOT BASHING!). But, there are two bodystyle's of Mustangs that really get me. First, my favorite mustang of all time is the 93 Cobra. :eek: My old roommate had one (right after he got his 93 5.0 HO stolen from my apt complex...ouch ). That was a helluva ride. My second favorite is what you have right there. I'll have to admit that even though I've never really been that much of a Ford guy, those two Mustangs have really gotten my attention. They did a good job on their latest rendition. You've got a sweet lookin 'Stang there. Love the front end, too. It looks mean as all hell.

Again, welcome to the site!

And nice pix, too.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:24 AM   #3
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Welcome - Very nice Mustang
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:02 AM   #4
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Welcome! That's a very nice Mustang too.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:31 AM   #5
official_style

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
What's going on, bro. Good to have you here. Personally, I've never really been that much of a Ford guy (NOT BASHING!). But, there are two bodystyle's of Mustangs that really get me. First, my favorite mustang of all time is the 93 Cobra. :eek: My old roommate had one (right after he got his 93 5.0 HO stolen from my apt complex...ouch ). That was a helluva ride. My second favorite is what you have right there. I'll have to admit that even though I've never really been that much of a Ford guy, those two Mustangs have really gotten my attention. They did a good job on their latest rendition. You've got a sweet lookin 'Stang there. Love the front end, too. It looks mean as all hell.

Again, welcome to the site!

And nice pix, too.

i totally agree with you. i like the original mustangs from the 60s, the fox bodys (5.0) and the new ones. the sn-95s that came after the foxes i really didnt like, and the new edge i wasnt crazy about either. the 03 04 cobras are sick, but still i wasnt too crazy about the look. i never really wanted a mustang till the new one came out.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

My wife had a maroon 2000 V6 Mustang. To be honest, I don't recall a thing I liked about it...well, maybe that it was my wifes car and not mine. It wasn't a "piece" at all. In fact, it ran great and was well taken care of. It just wasn't right for me...flat seats, no knee room on the right leg against the center console (I'm 603), rear "bench seat", IMO poor styling. Nah...I'd pass on one. I did see only ONE Mustang from that era that I liked and it was a Cobra...deep blue purple kinda color. It had enormous meats on the back and personalized plates that had something to do w/ the snake. That was a sweet ride... Forgot to mention the old Mach 1 Mustang. I don't recall what year it was built, but it had the fast back on it..single window at an almost horizontal level. That was a pretty nice Mustang too. A buddy of mine in high school was all happy when he bought his fixer up Mach 1. It looked good from the outside, but was rust on the inside. Of course, at the time we didn't care...it was a rockin ride. Now, that things probably eaten itself up.

A couple guys I work with have the new Mustang. One guy has the Maroon w/ wht stripes Roush Stage 1. It's a pretty sweet ride, but shoulda come w/ a standard more hp than just a body kit. The other guys got an all black GT.

GM says they are going to price the Camaro similar to that of the Mustang...to be competitive. What are Ford fans paying for their GT's nowadays?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:25 AM   #7
official_style

i ordered the mustang pretty much when it came out, with every option, and spoiler delete, and paid $29,400. i am 6'5 and couldnt fit in the previous mustangs either. this one has tons of room, one of the reasons i bought it. ya the roush are kind of a rip off IMO. the roush 427r, the top of the line one, puts down 30 more hp at the tire than mine, and thats with a blower. and it costs like 70 grand. rip off IMO. how much are we thinking the SS is going to cost? i think the mach 1 u mean is like the 69 style, that and the 69 boss are some of my favs!

Old 12-06-2006, 02:19 AM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Not sure what GM will price them at. We can say that we know it will be competitive w/ Ford and the Stangs. I'm sure there'll be plenty of room for the big guys in the front.

That's hilarious that Ford would put on a blower that only puts out another 30 or so hp. I mean c'mon. Let's offer up an engine that is raw power...no superchargers, no turbos, no blowers.

Oh, and this is what I was talking about...you're right about the years ...69
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2006, 10:57 AM   #9
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Hey man welcome. I am like tag I am not much of a ford fan, I have always loved Camaro's. But don't get me wrong my next door neighbor has a Black Cobra i think a 99 and it was nice big ram air hood, metallic black, spoiler, and I think 18 or 19 in. rims, the euro crome taillights, and a full aftermarket body kit and a big red cobra on the back glass, and all black leather inside. This mustang was nice and sounded good, oh and it had the vertical doors too. It was the only mustang that I ever liked beside the old GT500 and GT350. But I am strickly Camaro and Corvette fan. I guess it all depends on how you were raised. My whole family is Chevrolet and I guess that is why I am like that.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:59 AM   #10
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
All but you do have a nice stang.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:20 AM   #11
official_style

see i still have some gm in my garage lol, heres my truck