Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-25-2006, 08:52 PM   #15
afterdigital

Drives: CTS 2005
you're all absolutely right in discussing this. I remember drooling over the chrysler crossfire when in concept. But when the production car came out, i was a bit dissappointed.

Now, speaking of Chrysler - this is a company which creates concepts and immediately brings them out into production - without too many changes in some instances.

I will pray every night to the mighty powers that be to enlighten the GM staff to keep or improve the gem they have in store.

Please god, let them see the light.
Allow them to think outside the box and make all concept ideas flow into production......
well, all except the interior.

amen

..:::CTS-05, Blue-Chip, 3.6VVT, Brushed-Aluminum Moldings, One MIC (Mobile Information Center), Mesh Grill...

..:::Camaro 2008/09 - I'll take mine in black w/Metallic Stripes down the middle

..:::Finished Project

..:::Blog of my project

..:::CTS Car hacking v1.8 Video
afterdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:25 PM   #16
jbynum69
God of thunder

Drives: 95 Mustang GT
I for one love the retro interior. I am not for the cars on the road today all trying to look like a toyota or mercedes . I like the idea of changing the front grill and the tail lights should be rounder and the headlights should be a more better design too.

My first car was a 72 ss
I've owned 9 camaro's over the yrs...:
jbynum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:41 AM   #17
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Those items mentioned above will change. 12 mm on the roofline, though.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 09:48 AM   #18
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
more than what should
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:30 AM   #19
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
I think the interior should be offered in the same color as the exterior and the vette door handles is a cool idea but I would really like to see the heads up display like in the corvettes that way you don't have to look down at the gauges.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:58 PM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
I think the interior should be offered in the same color as the exterior and the vette door handles is a cool idea but I would really like to see the heads up display like in the corvettes that way you don't have to look down at the gauges.
This is not factual, but from what I hear (and I was listening carefully), the heads up display COULD be an option in the top of the line Camaro. I personally believe that it could be offered for the top of the line.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:52 PM   #21
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
IMO, the concept being so incredible, if the production version is even close to the concept, we have nothing to worry about.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:13 PM   #22
nitrokid

Drives: 69 Camaro RS/Z28
Hmmm...I would have to agree with you on most points,but their are many more mods that need to be addressed with the concept.

First of all,the location of the "air intake",that's gotta go,or be better yet,non-existant.

Where are the "marker lights",need to break up the blandness of solid sheetmetal(catch my drift)?

Change the 30 degree angle of the "grille section"to about 15 degrees.

Remove the corvette lookin' tail lights and replace them with 2 single enlongated tail lamps,and lower them a couple of inch's,and give us a "formed" front and rear bumpers...add some "contours"for crying out loud.

Gotta have a "chin" spoiler up front(RS/SS/Z/28 versions)...fingers crossed:(

Oh,and the "plastic engine cover"...get rid of it!looks very cheap and tacky

My 2 cents
nitrokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:23 PM   #23
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
I liked the plastic engine cover lol.

I do think the grille angle needs to be reduced but everything else is good imo.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:38 PM   #24
nitrokid

Drives: 69 Camaro RS/Z28
Untill GM makes the camaro to look more like a retro 67-69 Camaro,and strays farther away from the "concept",then i'll be interested in buying one.
nitrokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:43 PM   #25
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
Then it would just be a new 69.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:14 PM   #26
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Talking

case in point

Pontiac Solstice

concept:

production:

Chevrolet SSR

concept:

production:

I DON'T think we have TOO much to worry about, when it comes to production versions of GM concept cars .
Old 03-10-2007, 01:38 AM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I love it the way it is. In fact, with all the new info we have been receiving (quotes from GM execs), it sounds like not much is going to change on the exterior at all. This is good news for me. I don't know what else could be done to make the grill look better. I've seen a couple of pix and think there are a couple of options, but again, it's grown on me. I, for one, love the air inlet. It's not in your face aggressive like the TA Ram Air's, but a more subtle and functional this car needs to breath design.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #28
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Angry

Nitro -is that all that bothers you about the Camaro...the lack of nostalgia?
Look into some numbers and reviews by major automotive sites before you try to destroy the Camaro for how it looks.

I mean take a look at my signature. That is the best side-profile of any car in the WORLD. In my opinion, even the corvette has met it's match in styling.
I would take this car over a pure 69 look any day. The 69 was cool as all hell , but the 5th gen DEMANDS

Oh, and good post McFly, i've been looking for some past concept to production pictures