The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 06-17-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
Dada

Drives: Z51 White on Black
Exclamation Take a 2014 or Order a 2015

I have a GM Supplier Code. Most dealers are not accepting it. I wanted a 2014 Z51 Coupe (white with black wheels, performance, navi etc) . Last night one major dealer offered me 2000 off MSRP if I ordered the vehicle and it reached 2000 status today then I would put a deposit.

Need help making a decision:

1.) If it reaches 2000 status, is it fair to put in the deposit. Obviously this is refundable if it doesn't get produced. Or is it better to just order a 2015. I am hoping by the time the car is delivered Chevy may offer some 2014 incentives. I doubt it but another option.

2.) Another dealer has many convertibles and is willing to accept the supplier discount for 2014 model; this is about 10% off MSRP. I don't want a convertible but the savings are great. With this the doc fee is capped at 75 dollars.

2.) That same dealer has an incoming 2014 coupe that has most of the features I want but wants MSRP+399 Doc fee. Says if any discounts offered at time of delivery he will pass on. I have seen the order its in production.

3.) Order a 2015 and hope that the supplier discount is honored. One major dealer says they will honor it. My code expires in 12/14. If it is not honored at least I have an order in. From the media, 2015 pricing supposed to be steady (see link below). If I am paying MSRP for a 2014 and MSRP for a 2015, the loss here is time and possibility I won't get the car.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2015...september.html

PLEASE HELP EXPERTS!!! NEED ADVICE ASAP
Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:25 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Why not just order from Rodgers Chevrolet? They honor all discounts, pricing, etc. That and Becky is awesome.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #3
Donoh

Drives: 2009 C6 coupe CG w/black & red
2014 will a big depreciation hit right after you get it. Even if 2014 and 2015 are identical, the car will be worth less in just a few months. If 2015 prices don't go up much, you'll be losing.
If you have a certificate just look for dealers that take the supplier discount and ship. Les Stanford in Detroit is so supposed to be honoring those discounts. Ask for Dennis Tap.
Donoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:37 AM   #4
Dada

Too late I order a 2014, I got 2300 of MSRP.
Price increase will be 1-3%
I hope I didn't make a mistake :( Im hoping at the time of delivery, mine is sometime in August Chevrolet may have some 2014 customer rebate pricing
Old 06-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #5
Dada

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Why not just order from Rodgers Chevrolet? They honor all discounts, pricing, etc. That and Becky is awesome.
I wish I had known :(
Old 06-23-2014, 01:45 PM   #6
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
Too late I order a 2014, I got 2300 of MSRP.
Price increase will be 1-3%
I hope I didn't make a mistake :( Im hoping at the time of delivery, mine is sometime in August Chevrolet may have some 2014 customer rebate pricing
$2300 off sticker plus at the pre 2015-increase pricepoint is still a good deal especially for a Z51 unit. Rebates at time of sale would also be nice and if you could score that supplier discount on your order then that would be a sweeter deal... but don't lose sleep over regrets since once you have your new C7 you'll be glad and will really enjoy it! Good luck!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:14 PM   #7
Dada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
$2300 off sticker plus at the pre 2015-increase pricepoint is still a good deal especially for a Z51 unit. Rebates at time of sale would also be nice and if you could score that supplier discount on your order then that would be a sweeter deal... but don't lose sleep over regrets since once you have your new C7 you'll be glad and will really enjoy it! Good luck!
Thanks Stingray, should I lose sleep on the MSRC, I feel stupid I didn't order it on the car. Please tell me the truth, you love it right? I am stupid for not getting it :(
Old 06-23-2014, 02:41 PM   #8
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
Thanks Stingray, should I lose sleep on the MSRC, I feel stupid I didn't order it on the car. Please tell me the truth, you love it right? I am stupid for not getting it :(
No MSRC on my previous coupe but I didn't complain since the ride was still fine IMHO... certainly firm but liveable on a daily basis. And now with MSRC on my new convertible, I do attest to its adjustability particularly when transitioning to/from Eco or Tour to Sport or Track modes... so yes I honestly love it for the versatility and there is a difference you can outright feel but I wouldn't regret it really if you won't have it on yours. The non-MSRC Z51 (FE3 suspension) is very well-balanced and handles & grips firmly like what a sports car should be and it doesn't ride like a bone-jarring truck IMO. Conversely, if you can still add it to your order w/o extended delays in the progress then I'd recommend it since the cost for this option isn't overwhelming for the technology & versatility that you get. Whether you get it or not, you're not stupid or dumb... the C7 is still a fine car whether in base or loaded form. Keep in mind, a barebones no-option Stingray can still pull 1G with its FE1 suspension and that's a topnotch stat on its own plus an envy of other sports cars out there.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:47 PM   #9
Dada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
No MSRC on my previous coupe but I didn't complain since the ride was still fine IMHO... certainly firm but liveable on a daily basis. And now with MSRC on my new convertible, I do attest to its adjustability particularly when transitioning to/from Eco or Tour to Sport or Track modes... so yes I honestly love it for the versatility and there is a difference you can outright feel but I wouldn't regret it really if you won't have it on yours. The non-MSRC Z51 (FE3 suspension) is very well-balanced and handles & grips firmly like what a sports car should be and it doesn't ride like a bone-jarring truck IMO. Conversely, if you can still add it to your order w/o extended delays in the progress then I'd recommend it since the cost for this option isn't overwhelming for the technology & versatility that you get. Whether you get it or not, you're not stupid or dumb... the C7 is still a fine car whether in base or loaded form. Keep in mind, a barebones no-option Stingray can still pull 1G with its FE1 suspension and that's a topnotch stat on its own plus an envy of other sports cars out there.
Thanks the dealer is saying I can't but I spoke to someone at GM who said they can do it but they won't recommend it as it may cause delays. So I told him not to try. He said if you haven't had the MRC u won't know the difference.
Is there a reason u didn't tint ur rear windows? Also did u put nitrogen on ur tires?
Old 06-24-2014, 11:44 AM   #10
Jabs

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I ordered a 2015 with Becky! She is Awesome

Jabs is offline   Reply With Quote