Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 07-24-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
DSM_Matt

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
DES MOINES, IOWA AND NEED HELP

i have been considering a '14 2SS 1LE NPP but im having trouble finding a dealership salesman that knows what they are talking about. I have owned 2 mustangs most recently a '12 GT 5.0 and i know a lot about blue oval stuff but this will be my first Camaro and ill be the first to admit im no expert. but if i know more about the Camaro than the guy trying to sell it to me thats a problem for me. does anyone have any good recommendations maybe someone you bought from that actually knew what the heck they were talking about.
DSM_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:48 AM   #2
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Welcome to the C5. You should check into the Iowa section if you haven't already. As far as your exhaust I would ask Karls Performance in DSM.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
DSM_Matt

thanks for the help much appreciated! im actually talking about buying the car i want to talk to someone who knows performance and camaros ill try karl sounds like they might have someone who knows a thing or two
Old 07-24-2013, 01:03 AM   #4
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
No problem. You should drop in on the Iowa section. Bunch of guys from DSM area that can help you out too and I know they have a bunch of shows and cruise ins.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #5
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
While I have been dealing with Karl Performance in Ankeny, (sister biz of Karl Chevy) I personally know salesman at Bob Brown Chevy whom I have met at many Camaro events... Kendal Cook. (he has an awesum first gen)

Other option, in Iowa section, "powermanpaul" has bought Camaro's from Karl Chevy, and he could steer to person he has dealt with.

Welcome to the Chevy side.

(fyi, I have 2 stangs, stock 09 Shelby 500 vert, and a Livernois Motorsports modded 06 GT)
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #6
DSM_Matt

xtreme2s: i have bought 2 cars from bob brown this year so i feel like i have some pull there i will get in touch with Kendal when the time is right my other salesman quit so i need someone new. BTW: that Livernois GT u have must be awesome. very familiar with their work and know how good it is. major car envy!
Old 07-25-2013, 12:07 AM   #7
xtreme2s

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM_Matt View Post
xtreme2s: i have bought 2 cars from bob brown this year so i feel like i have some pull there i will get in touch with Kendal when the time is right my other salesman quit so i need someone new. BTW: that Livernois GT u have must be awesome. very familiar with their work and know how good it is. major car envy!

Yes their place is a horsepower making facility, the stang is the second car I had Livernois do, my 10 Camaro is the beast with 628 rwhp at build almost 2 years ago, then couple months ago took it to Karl for a fun dyne pull and she hit a high of 633 rwhp.

Tim
Old 07-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
Chris@Livernois

Drives: 2010 Camaro
We love to make HP what can we say!!! OP what are you looking to learn or figure out? We may be able to point you in the right direction sir! -Chris
Chris@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #9
DSM_Matt

well to make a long story short i went to get info on the car like performance numbers, and specifics of the 1LE package and why its a good investment vs doing the upgrades in the aftermarket and the salesman i was talking to didnt even know there was a refresh for the '14 model year. needless to say i wont be buying from him
Old 07-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #10
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
I hate to say this, but contact Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet (she is a sponsor here) - a lot of people have had great things to say about her on the forums.

Of course, shameless plug for Tom Henry Chevrolet in PA...great guys to work with and Tom Henry is the cousin of the Fbodfather...so you need Camaro information he will know it.

Welcome either way.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
IowaGuy

Drives: 2013 Cyber Gray Metallic Chevy Volt
For others searching, +1 Bob Brown. Take a tour of the garage. It's amazing.
IowaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #12
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
One word for you... ZL1.
Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #13
firefighterassassin

Drives: Camaro RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme2s View Post
Yes their place is a horsepower making facility, the stang is the second car I had Livernois do, my 10 Camaro is the beast with 628 rwhp at build almost 2 years ago, then couple months ago took it to Karl for a fun dyne pull and she hit a high of 633 rwhp.

Tim
Wish I had as good of luck at Karl's 8 hrs there, 4 were spent trying to figure out why it would stop making power.nonly to be told its this and this, call manufacter to hear all is well and is a problem with tune. Who to listen too??
firefighterassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #14
xtreme2s

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterassassin View Post
Wish I had as good of luck at Karl's 8 hrs there, 4 were spent trying to figure out why it would stop making power.nonly to be told its this and this, call manufacter to hear all is well and is a problem with tune. Who to listen too??

Sorry to hear about that. Karl Perf did a great job on my 67 Camaro. Took doing the dyno to discover I was under fuel lined for the Barry Grant 6-pak set I have.