The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 12-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
mowilson329

Drives: 2014 Stingray 1LT/Z51
ORDER PLACED (11/19)- FIRST CORVETTE

Hello forum members,

I just placed an order for my FIRST Corvette on 11/19. I have been a long time Porsche driver and when I saw the new C7 I fell in love. I still hang out on Planet 9 (with the same user name) for those that also have a Porsche.

My order number is RKVHT2 and I was told by my dealer that I would have the car delivered by 12/30/2013. I hope that they know what they are talking about! Some of the threads on here sounds like this is a very aggressive timeline. They said that they have been getting their last couple of orders in 6 weeks....guess we will see. They even put it in writing on the purchase order. FINGERS CROSSED.

I haven't been this stoked about a car in years! I went with the following specs:
  • WHITE
  • LT1 with Z51 package
  • Black Rims
  • Black Interior
  • Yellow Calipers
  • Navigation
Got a great interest rate with Vystar Credit Union of 1.45%

The waiting is killing me, hard to sleep at night! Looking forward to reading all the other threads and hanging out.....

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone!

Cliff
mowilson329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
and Congrats Cliff! Nice little 1LT w/ Z51 build there too!

If you think the wait or chase is exciting... or lose sleep over the anticipation... when you finally have it, you'll be in giddy land!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
You have either gone to a superdealer who moves Corvettes by the hundred a month or a dealer who is clueless as to how a Z51 C7 progresses.

Even if a superdealer, delivery around February 28 seems more likely. (Pure guess no facts)

And welcome to the forum. Lots of good info and BeckyD will track your assembly progress in her stickied thread. You do need to ask each time you want an update.

KellyJ in the Chevrolet Customer Care office is on top of this area also and since her family has owned (and still owns) Stingrays from past decades she has a good handle on a Corvette owners thinking.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
1stcorvette

Drives: None at present
Welcome Cliff, I placed my order around the same time and I'm at 3000 as of last week.

I also ordered the Z51 package with no cf..if your delivery date is correct (doubtful) I shouldn't be too far behind. But realistically I'm looking at Jan. or Feb. because Laborsmith isn't usually wrong.
1stcorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
Kochaloch

Drives: C7 Z51, BENZ GLK 350, Titan

Hi mowilson329,

I am too going to be new to the Vette family and can't express how excited/anxious I am to get my car(it escalates the longer you wait ). Unless your at a top dealer that's shooting Z51s out its ass you might be in for a wait. from my understanding, currently it's a slim chance dealers are getting permission to order a Z51. I've heard anything from months to a year on new orders but I don't think anyone really knows. Several of us on here have been waiting several months with no progress on our orders whereas some have had their orders accepted in days. Good luck!!!!

8/20/2013 - 1100
1/16/2014 - 2000
1/20/2014 - 3000
1/24/2014 - 3300
2/10/2014 - 3400
2/14/2014 - 3800
2/26/2014 - Delivered!!!
Kochaloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #6
Steven Bell

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Congrats Mo-I hope your delivery date is what the dealer says!
Steven Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #7
mowilson329

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
You have either gone to a superdealer who moves Corvettes by the hundred a month or a dealer who is clueless as to how a Z51 C7 progresses.

Even if a superdealer, delivery around February 28 seems more likely. (Pure guess no facts)

And welcome to the forum. Lots of good info and BeckyD will track your assembly progress in her stickied thread. You do need to ask each time you want an update.

KellyJ in the Chevrolet Customer Care office is on top of this area also and since her family has owned (and still owns) Stingrays from past decades she has a good handle on a Corvette owners thinking.

Laborsmith
Laborsmith,
This dealer is definitely not a superdealer and I almost argued with them that it seemed impossible to meet such an aggressive timeline. They stated that they only had the one Z51 allocation and I grabbed the chance to order the "perfect" car the way I wanted it. Gave them a $1000 deposit and they assured me that they would have the car by 12/30.

I figured that there might be an outside chance since they seemed so sure. So, I sat there and watched them code the order and submit it. What will be interesting is the fact that they put it in writing on the purchase order.

Who knows, maybe I can use it as a negotiating tool for some sort of discount or some free swag if they don't meet the deadline

Thanks,
Cliff
Old 12-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #8
mowilson329

1stcorvette,

Maybe there is hope after all....LOL. Hope yours arrives soon!!

Cliff
Old 12-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #9
mowilson329

Kochaloch,

Yep, I have a feeling I'm in for a long wait. Sounds like there is no rhyme or reason to some of the wait times????

Steven Bell,
Thanks, I hope that my dealer knows what they are talking about....

Cliff
Old 12-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #10
jaimeC7

Drives: 2001 Z06 & 2014 C7 Z51 2LT Torch R
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowilson329 View Post
Hello forum members,

I just placed an order for my FIRST Corvette on 11/19. I have been a long time Porsche driver and when I saw the new C7 I fell in love. I still hang out on Planet 9 (with the same user name) for those that also have a Porsche.

My order number is RKVHT2 and I was told by my dealer that I would have the car delivered by 12/30/2013. I hope that they know what they are talking about! Some of the threads on here sounds like this is a very aggressive timeline. They said that they have been getting their last couple of orders in 6 weeks....guess we will see. They even put it in writing on the purchase order. FINGERS CROSSED.

I haven't been this stoked about a car in years! I went with the following specs:
  • WHITE
  • LT1 with Z51 package
  • Black Rims
  • Black Interior
  • Yellow Calipers
  • Navigation
Got a great interest rate with Vystar Credit Union of 1.45%

The waiting is killing me, hard to sleep at night! Looking forward to reading all the other threads and hanging out.....

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone!

Cliff

Based on my experience 2013 is not likely. I am still waiting for Z51 2LT no constraints due in weeks ago. Built months ago, stuck in transit now at the yard waiting to be put on car carrier (2 weeks and counting). Been day to day for 3 weeks lol Any day now. Car is 3 hrs from dealer just needs to be the one picked to be trailered. Good luck !
jaimeC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #11
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
It sounds like the dealer had a Z-51 slot. I have not figured out how limited constraints work. 0 nationwide is easy to get but I have seen numbers like 1 (yes, one) nationwide and numbers like 5% etc. How does Chevy decide who gets to order a limited constraint option and who does not? I do not know and I suspect those who do will never tell. But having a slot should make difference.

Timing from 3000 to 5000 is generally around six weeks. It has been so for some C7 buyers of late but not for all. Constraints have had an effect and quality checks also. Glen E posted his time frame and his will be more normal as time goes by. I did a quick look for his post but did not find it but if you see it that will give you a good idea of how a smooth production process goes.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #12
BCQ

Drives: White C7 Z51 (hopefully soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
It sounds like the dealer had a Z-51 slot. I have not figured out how limited constraints work. 0 nationwide is easy to get but I have seen numbers like 1 (yes, one) nationwide and numbers like 5% etc. How does Chevy decide who gets to order a limited constraint option and who does not? I do not know and I suspect those who do will never tell. But having a slot should make difference.

Timing from 3000 to 5000 is generally around six weeks. It has been so for some C7 buyers of late but not for all. Constraints have had an effect and quality checks also. Glen E posted his time frame and his will be more normal as time goes by. I did a quick look for his post but did not find it but if you see it that will give you a good idea of how a smooth production process goes.

Laborsmith

Here was Glen E's time frame:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e
9/18 - code 3000 - order accepted by Production - 8 day(s) to next code
9/26 - code 3300 - order scheduled for production - 6 day(s) to next code
10/2 - code 3400 - Order Broadcasted for Production - 2 day(s) to next code
10/4 - VIN avail - 1G1YD2D78E5103602 - 7 day(s) to next code
10/11 - 3800 - Vehicle Produced - 1 day(s) to next code
10/12 -4B00 Bayed - 11 days to next code
10/22-4200 shipped - 1 day to next code
10/23 - 5000 - delivered

And here was my response to Glen E's timeframe:

So that's about 36 days total. I've been sitting at 3000 for over three weeks (EDIT: 5weeks, but haven't checked yet this week). I don't think my timeline will be anywhere close to what Glen's was....

My build is fairly similar to yours Mo, I hope your dealer is right and we both end up getting ours before the new year!
BCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #13
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
But remember, I had NO Constraints before, during, or after, and ordered from a super dealer .....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #14
Emmdmd

Drives: 2015 Z06
Congrats Cliff! Just ordered mine in Crystal Red. I saw a white Stingray in the showroom with Black rims and carbon splash mirrors/spoiler. I was pretty close to changing my mind and ordering white!
Emmdmd is offline   Reply With Quote