Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #29
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoskins76 View Post
I'm thinking the same thing too. Those 21" tires are very expensive. Cheaper to get 20" rims and tires for it!
Thats exactly right. I figure put the FR zl1 replica 20s on it, like the concept hotwheels car... then keep the 21 assemblies in the basemen
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #30
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-man View Post
Thats exactly right. I figure put the FR zl1 replica 20s on it, like the concept hotwheels car... then keep the 21 assemblies in the basemen
I'm not even sure what rims I would go with. There are a lot of options out there! Might even go with 22's...who knows.
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #31
13hotwheels

Drives: 2010 Hennessey HPE550 #19
We struggled with to mod or not mod - but concluded as long as what we do is reversible, no harm, no foul. So it began.

Our L99 sounds like a little girl...which sucked cause its a bad a$$ car...so we are in process of dropping DOD, Livernois 2c cam, headers, cats & exhaust, CAI with some tuning and redoing engine cover and adding strut tower brace with some air brushing to help 'er pop. You only live once, the practical part is the investment will not return for us, but for the next owner 50 years from now, so enjoy it and live with no regrets while we can! Its why we work our a$$ off - got to enjoy it!
13hotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #32
Chris@Livernois

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13hotwheels View Post
We struggled with to mod or not mod - but concluded as long as what we do is reversible, no harm, no foul. So it began.

Our L99 sounds like a little girl...which sucked cause its a bad a$$ car...so we are in process of dropping DOD, Livernois 2c cam, headers, cats & exhaust, CAI with some tuning and redoing engine cover and adding strut tower brace with some air brushing to help 'er pop. You only live once, the practical part is the investment will not return for us, but for the next owner 50 years from now, so enjoy it and live with no regrets while we can! Its why we work our a$$ off - got to enjoy it!
I know you're anxiously awaiting getting your vehicle back so I thought that I would give you a little teaser of a pretty awesome picture I snapped on the dyno!

Chris@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #33
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@Livernois View Post
I know you're anxiously awaiting getting your vehicle back so I thought that I would give you a little teaser of a pretty awesome picture I snapped on the dyno!

Video... please
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #34
70rsz28

Drives: 70 rsz28,97 30th aniv conv 13 ht wh
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoskins76 View Post
Actually the HWSE is a very low volume car. In Canada only 32 were allocated for production. I am not sure of the USA numbers but I'm guessing around 1500 to 2000 total were made.
as we know now there are only 1524 world wide and yes canada only got 32 coupes, 4 convertibles. i plan on keeping mine for a long time, so a this time it will remain the way it came. later on who knows!
Attached Images

70rsz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #35
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Great picture 70rsz28! Your two babies look awesome!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
Old 09-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #36
13hotwheels

Drives: 2010 Hennessey HPE550 #19
Quote:

Ohhhhhh....just saw this wait till Dawn see's this Chris!
13hotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #37
cybergrayls3

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs..m6..CGM
mod it! seriously though..my car has 30k miles on it..i put the cam in at 27k...ive had more fun in the last 3k miles then the first 27k miles..no comparison..its pretty boring stock...so do what you want and enjoy your car! In the future if you try to sell it people are gonna try to jew you down no matter what
-CAI cold air intake (black)/Apex scoop
-LSR shifter
-Rick Crawford intake manifold
-Monster level 3 clutch
cybergrayls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #38
ElektraBlu HWS

Drives: Hot Wheels
Quote:

Ok teaser now I'm cryin' like a little girl but......I will be smilin' when she comes back!!
ElektraBlu HWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #39
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektraBlu HWS View Post
Ok teaser now I'm cryin' like a little girl but......I will be smilin' when she comes back!!
What are you getting done to the car?

Mods:
Old 09-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #40
Fast6.3

Drives: 2016 2SS coupe 2015 3LT Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
Do what you want to it, just keep the stock parts. That's what I did.

not to hijack the thread but damm thats a sexy engine bay would you mind posting another picture congrats man I have the good envy enjoy
Old 09-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #41
Chris@Livernois

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektraBlu HWS View Post
Ever since you mentioned it on Saturday at the Corvette show, I've had the teaser idea in the back of my head. I had to do it! It will turn out to be an awesome photo when I'm done editing it! -Chris
Chris@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #42
ElektraBlu HWS

Drives: Hot Wheels
Quote:
Ever since you mentioned it on Saturday at the Corvette show, I've had the teaser idea in the back of my head. I had to do it! It will turn out to be an awesome photo when I'm done editing it! -Chris

I just want you to know I couldn't sleep last night!! Can wait to see the pics i know they will be !!!!
ElektraBlu HWS is offline   Reply With Quote