The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 11-09-2017, 02:33 PM   #253
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
go ahead. have been picked on for damn near 20 years now. lol
Hey, I know that feeling being a Panthers fan. Not sure why they traded one of the receivers that can actually catch the ball for a second and fourth round picks. With two games out of first, I thought it was a little early to hang up the season..geesh. Hopefully our MLB Luke will be back to play.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:20 AM   #254
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
On the bad side...we lost Sherman for the rest of the year with a ruptured achilles.

On the good side, we still have a magician as our QB.

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/edzqmw
Old 11-14-2017, 05:56 AM   #255
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
go ahead. have been picked on for damn near 20 years now. lol
well that probably stung a little bit. The interception right before half, horrible throw. I don't think it's the Dolphins secondary as much as it is the linebackers that are always out of position. The defensive line isn't bad, but when you can get through the second level pretty easy, makes for a long game.

I can't say my Panthers looked great, dropped balls left and right to wide open receivers, and our secondary was so soft, anything down the field seemed wide open. They may make the playoffs as a wild card, but won't get to enjoy a second game..geesh. I rarely get to see my Panthers play, living in Indy now, so it was fun to see them on TV again.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:12 AM   #256
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
WE DA BEST
Attached Images

dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:41 AM   #257
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
WE DA BEST
Eagles are definitely showing how good they are.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:47 AM   #258
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
PoorMansCamaro , Fins vs. Bucs, when & where are we going to play this Game!

not a Betting Man, but I see this (if played this week) Bucs 31 - Dolphins 14
I wasn't too far off!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:07 AM   #259
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
WE DA BEST
You play for the Eagles? Cool. That must be exciting. What # are you?
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:37 PM   #260
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Are you kidding me? How does he do this? This is why Matt Ryan won the MVP regular season last year. Just throw it anywhere near #11.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:04 PM   #261
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
My season is complete no matter what happens going forward...

Name:  chargers.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  362.9 KB
Old 11-24-2017, 04:33 AM   #262
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Defensive line has been decimated by injury to Ngata and Ziggy Ahnsah..The lack of a running game for the last 20 years was on full display. The biggest failure of Bob Quinn was to stand pat with the same RB core as last year. Stafford is far from a perfect QB, as shown week after week, and with no running game, 56 yards against the Vikes, teams tee off on our weak O-line. Looks like no playoffs this year as Atlanta and Caralina hold the tie breaker on us. Time for the annual Lions mantra,"Who we gonna take in the draft?" Enjoy Thanksgiving everyone!
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:36 PM   #263
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Defensive line has been decimated by injury to Ngata and Ziggy Ahnsah..The lack of a running game for the last 20 years was on full display. The biggest failure of Bob Quinn was to stand pat with the same RB core as last year. Stafford is far from a perfect QB, as shown week after week, and with no running game, 56 yards against the Vikes, teams tee off on our weak O-line. Looks like no playoffs this year as Atlanta and Caralina hold the tie breaker on us. Time for the annual Lions mantra,"Who we gonna take in the draft?" Enjoy Thanksgiving everyone!
I wouldn't count the Lions out just yet, they have a much easier schedule left than ATL does. ATL has what should be an easy game this week against the Bucs, but we lost against two teams with bad records already due to horrible play.

Then we get the Vikings, New Orleans twice, and Carolina again, and the Bucs once more as well.

ATL could easily lose four of these games and end up 8-8. We only beat the Seahawks because they tried a stupid fake field goal, and our defense scored a TD on a sack and fumble recovery. Without either one of those plays, ATL loses the game.

Seattle was without both of their starting corners, we should have been able to pass with mismatches almost every snap.

ATL's offense isn't even close to the level they played at last year.

Stafford is a terrific quarterback, I'd trade Matt Ryan for him without blinking an eye. He is just hogging up too much of the money at $30mil a year. That's why New England always has a good team, no money hogs. Brady makes like 10 mil, this leaves more money to spread around. Stafford is very good, but worth 3x more than Brady?

I don't understand why other teams don't follow this procedure. Pay all your players good, and get a lot of good players, instead of giving most of the money to your best players, and having average/mediocre players at the other positions.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 11-24-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:37 PM   #264
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Joe, you always have a well thought out analysis of nearly all the comments you make and you almost always make valid points. But you see the hard facts of the schedule and the Falcons plight this season, I see the Lions through a forty year lens of repeated failures and disappointments. The Lions will not make the playoffs this year. I will bet money on that.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:00 PM   #265
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Looks like a couple fellas just got a 2 week vacation... idiots...
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:20 PM   #266
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Giants will start Geno Smith in place of Eli Manning

The Giants have lost their collective minds if they think Geno Smith is a better option than Eli Manning! Smith was a bust with the Jet`s and I don`t think he`s gotten any better since then, so good luck Giants with that move, you`ll need it!

http://fox59.com/2017/11/28/giants-w...f-eli-manning/
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote