The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions

Old 04-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #15
RidgebackKing

Drives: My wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
On my manual trans C7, I can prevent V4 mode by simply not using it in Eco mode therefore the pre-muffler exhaust valves are open. When they are closed (in Eco mode in my car), exhaust gasses still pass through since there is a small orifice opening in the valve, kinda like a diaphragm.
Are you sure about that? I thought that the Eco setting forced V4 but the Tour setting switched between V8 and V4 (Normal and Eco) dynamically, which means you're not preventing it at all, right?
Old 04-17-2014, 02:44 PM   #16
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgebackKing View Post
Are you sure about that? I thought that the Eco setting forced V4 but the Tour setting switched between V8 and V4 (Normal and Eco) dynamically, which means you're not preventing it at all, right?
Yes, when in ECO mode your car can also passively switch between V8 and V4 depending on your driving habit/load. V4 mode only works in ECO mode on a manual C7.... however on the automatic trans, V8/V4 can switch to/from in any mode including Track, I believe, unless you manually use the paddles.

You can visually see the transition in your instrument cluster as long as you're in the correct setting (see owner's manual).
For example, below is a pic of it showing in V8 mode (while V4 mode would be in green).

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:40 PM   #17
transpat

Drives: 14 stingray
v4 v8

Yes
I forgot to mention mine is an auto trans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Yes, when in ECO mode your car can also passively switch between V8 and V4 depending on your driving habit/load. V4 mode only works in ECO mode on a manual C7.... however on the automatic trans, V8/V4 can switch to/from in any mode including Track, I believe, unless you manually use the paddles.

You can visually see the transition in your instrument cluster as long as you're in the correct setting (see owner's manual).
For example, below is a pic of it showing in V8 mode (while V4 mode would be in green).

transpat is offline   Reply With Quote