Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-30-2008, 12:33 AM   #43
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
wow i definately wouldnt want you building my camaro then!
I am no different then anyone else there tired of taking managements crap. FYI that would be about %99 of us. Never said we dony care about a qulity product. We build better cars then the states does, #1 plant like 6 years in a row and counting.
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:06 PM   #44
RadarJammer

Drives: 06 Mustang GT
Financing

Be sure, also, that when you place your car's order, that you are damn sure when it comes in, your credit score is good other wise you will have a trajedy like mine when i first tried to get a Mustang back when they first came out in like 04 or something.

The car was ordered to my specs.....the updates we're sent out to me notifying my car's status......the car arrived at the dealer.....

and then the unthinkable happened.....financing fell thru...:(

now some dude out there is driving the Mustang that was meant for me :(

Moral of the story: the dealers will order your car regardless of credit status....whether u get to drive off in it when it gets there....is a different story.
RadarJammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #45
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarJammer View Post
Be sure, also, that when you place your car's order, that you are damn sure when it comes in, your credit score is good other wise you will have a trajedy like mine when i first tried to get a Mustang back when they first came out in like 04 or something.

The car was ordered to my specs.....the updates we're sent out to me notifying my car's status......the car arrived at the dealer.....

and then the unthinkable happened.....financing fell thru...:(

now some dude out there is driving the Mustang that was meant for me :(

Moral of the story: the dealers will order your car regardless of credit status....whether u get to drive off in it when it gets there....is a different story.
Thats why you get financing BEFORE you even go looking for a car. How do people even car shop without knowing what they can afford?
Old 02-01-2008, 01:27 PM   #46
RadarJammer

Drives: 06 Mustang GT
yeah, it was pretty dumb, and I will never do it again.

I was young at the time (20) and didnt know what all that was, so now, im coming into the game a little more prepared.

and with Financing in the pocket before i even walk into the dealership.

but boy was that a hard lesson learned :(
RadarJammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #47
killerdiller

Drives: 1980 z-28,1969 ss,08 g35s 6mt
ordering the new camaro

I might be a little off subject but how hard do you think it would be to order my new camaro with the last 5 or 6 numbers of the vin to match my 69 camaro,I think its in the 23000 range...
killerdiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:29 PM   #48
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
i was actually up in canada in 01 and drove by the plant and i wanted to do a tour but i called and they didnt do them like vette does. i was disapointed. i really hope i could do something like that though. i would love to fly out there or drive up and stay the night and watch them put it together.
my dad was telling me about a guy he knows who bought a new vette. he called the plant and they let him watch the car be built and actually let him put a few bolts on the car!! now how sweet would that be?
THAT WOULD BE SWEET!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #49
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerdiller View Post
I might be a little off subject but how hard do you think it would be to order my new camaro with the last 5 or 6 numbers of the vin to match my 69 camaro,I think its in the 23000 range...
I'm not sure that they could do that. Except for what packages they order being included in the vin, the system they use to order the vehicle doesn't allow them to specify a VIN. It would never hurt to ask the question though.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:04 PM   #50
killerdiller

Drives: 1980 z-28,1969 ss,08 g35s 6mt
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
I'm not sure that they could do that. Except for what packages they order being included in the vin, the system they use to order the vehicle doesn't allow them to specify a VIN. It would never hurt to ask the question though.
Barrett-Jackson sold a 2007 Zo6 and a 1958 vett with the same last 6 numbers in the vin as a pair this year in Az..
killerdiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:07 PM   #51
Sterling

I wish you luck. It would be pretty cool to have matching vin's
Old 02-04-2008, 12:34 AM   #52
MrsFitness

Drives: Wanting 09 Camaro!!
How soon are you able to go ahead and special order the camaro? and do you have a website to get started? I am COMPLETELY new at all this, but want to get the best deal obviously. Any ways to get started would be great. I've called a few dealers and so far everyone says it's too early and they don't have any information on it.
MrsFitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:46 AM   #53
Sterling

I wouldn't expect to be able to order anything for at least 6 more months. If they are starting a limited production in October, you might be able to order one the month before, but you never know... It might not be until the first quarter of 2009 when the real production starts. It takes 6-8 weeks to get a car that is ordered, so I would expect about that much lag-time to order it before production starts. This is just my best possible guess, but I will start asking at the dealership around the end of August, and keep buggin them every couple of weeks until the ordering process begins.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:56 AM   #54
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarJammer View Post
yeah, it was pretty dumb, and I will never do it again.

I was young at the time (20) and didnt know what all that was, so now, im coming into the game a little more prepared.

and with Financing in the pocket before i even walk into the dealership.

but boy was that a hard lesson learned :(
Yup, a few benefits to taking care of financing ahead of time:

1) As you said, you already are approved, so you know exactly what you can afford and nothing can fall through.

2) Sometimes your financial institution (especially credit unions) will offer lower rates than the dealer's lender.

3) And this is the big one: having financing ahead of time makes negotiation so much more straightforward. Salespersons and the finance people will often try to disguise higher prices through creative financing offers. They'll try to negotiate using monthly payments so they can extend the term and get more money while making you think you're paying less. The dealers will try to negotiate trade-in, financing terms, vehicle price, and back-end add ons all at once, making it nearly impossible to detect where all the money is going or what you'll really end up paying. By getting financing ahead of time, you just removed one step from the process.

So then you first negotiate vehicle price. Get the price you want, not just whatever you can afford. Then negotiate add-ons (hint: most aren't worth the cost. Dealers make most of their new car sales profits on the back end of the deal.) With that, get one final walking out the door price. After that is set in stone, negotiate the trade in. Use the trade-in money to contribute to the down payment, put in whatever other down-payment money you have, then cover the rest with the financing you already have. Everything transparent, organized, and under your control. Much easier to get the price you want this way.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #55
Lucid

Drives: 91 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Yup, a few benefits to taking care of financing ahead of time:

1) As you said, you already are approved, so you know exactly what you can afford and nothing can fall through.

2) Sometimes your financial institution (especially credit unions) will offer lower rates than the dealer's lender.

3) And this is the big one: having financing ahead of time makes negotiation so much more straightforward. Salespersons and the finance people will often try to disguise higher prices through creative financing offers. They'll try to negotiate using monthly payments so they can extend the term and get more money while making you think you're paying less. The dealers will try to negotiate trade-in, financing terms, vehicle price, and back-end add ons all at once, making it nearly impossible to detect where all the money is going or what you'll really end up paying. By getting financing ahead of time, you just removed one step from the process.

So then you first negotiate vehicle price. Get the price you want, not just whatever you can afford. Then negotiate add-ons (hint: most aren't worth the cost. Dealers make most of their new car sales profits on the back end of the deal.) With that, get one final walking out the door price. After that is set in stone, negotiate the trade in. Use the trade-in money to contribute to the down payment, put in whatever other down-payment money you have, then cover the rest with the financing you already have. Everything transparent, organized, and under your control. Much easier to get the price you want this way.

So how does that work? Do I just go down to my bank and say "I want to finance a car" and then they tell me how much they'll approve me for?
Lucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:23 AM   #56
DGOETZ

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
So how does that work? Do I just go down to my bank and say "I want to finance a car" and then they tell me how much they'll approve me for?
Pretty much that's how it works...your looking to get financed for an approximate amount once the deal is complete the dealer can fax a buyers order to the Bank for a more detailed breakdown of the transaction.

But the lending institution and you will know ahead of time whether you have the credit worthyness to get the car.
GM - Power Antenna, 35th Anniversary Front and Rear Lettering
SLP - CAGS
DGOETZ is offline   Reply With Quote