The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-15-2007, 01:12 PM   #43
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
Top Gear is a british car show that is pretty cool however i have only came across it a few times at like three in the morning.
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:23 PM   #44
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNut View Post
Top Gear is a british car show that is pretty cool however i have only came across it a few times at like three in the morning.
I have never seen it on TV here in America. Too bad because it is a pretty cool show. I have watched a couple episodes on YouTube. SPEED channel should definitely pick it up.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #45
ChevyNut

heres a video of the koenigsegg ccx in action

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/03...igsegg-CCX.htm
Old 03-21-2007, 03:22 PM   #46
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'd like to update my list please...:p

4. Tesla Roadster
I was watching FOX News Channel today and they had a segment on the Telsa Roadster... Holy cow that thing is awesome! I had seen it before, but just a picture. They showed it doing 0-60 in 4 secs... wow! Hard to believe we can now achieve that in a full electric car! I thought the looks of the thing were pretty nice myself... didn't think it resembled a butter knife at all.

They also said that they are working to develop one that lists at $50,000 (As opposed to the $90,000 they are now) due to hit the market within 5 years! pretty cool!
Old 03-21-2007, 04:43 PM   #47
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
yeah, the whole "electric car" thing isn't looking so bad to me now.
Thanks for the info, im going to Fox news now to see it

My favorite part is that it is an American-based company.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #48
Hunter330123
Muscle Car Prodigy

Drives: 1973 Chevy Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
I was watching FOX News Channel today and they had a segment on the Telsa Roadster... Holy cow that thing is awesome! I had seen it before, but just a picture. They showed it doing 0-60 in 4 secs... wow! Hard to believe we can now achieve that in a full electric car! I thought the looks of the thing were pretty nice myself... didn't think it resembled a butter knife at all.

They also said that they are working to develop one that lists at $50,000 (As opposed to the $90,000 they are now) due to hit the market within 5 years! pretty cool!
yea and the best part is is that is it automatically at its max torque

my nova(underconstuction)
Hunter330123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:19 PM   #49
Moosen75

Drives: Junk til 2008
Send a message via AIM to Moosen75
did anyone see that mini series on discovery channel "future cars"? the one segment was very interesting about alternative fuels for the future. its kinda funny i did a power point presentation for some bs current events class in college about the same thing two years but my little presentation wasnt as detailed. but anyway, personally when i look at the options (electric, solar, hydrogen, and bio fuels) i feel that hydrogen will be what powers our 2030 camaros. its the most abundant resource in the universe and has i feel many other pros over electric(see the series for more). bmw is already placing hydrogen cars in germany and from what i have heard testing has been very successful. and this just came to me while writing this, when there is a change over to a new fuel for cars (i know this would cost a good amount of money to do) but wouldn't it make sense to convert the gasoline stations into hydrogen stations? if everyone fueled their car over night in their garage there would be alot of run down corners in the US not to mention the larger electric bills we would be recieving from the electric companies when they find out that they could make a great deal more because of "the amount of cars on the grid".
Moosen75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:51 PM   #50
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosen75 View Post
not to mention the larger electric bills we would be recieving from the electric companies when they find out that they could make a great deal more because of "the amount of cars on the grid".:thumbdown:
This is an excellent point. I don't see it affecting areas per say, but each individual household. It's not like plugging a bluetooth headset to charge. This is actually plugging in something I would think would suck up more juice. Maybe they set up a completely seperate cable outlet at the house and have a stand alone energy box/reader to ....charge for charging...and this was supposed to save the earth and save our pocket books....at least the earth would be around a lot longer....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:35 AM   #51
Casull

This has been one of the greatest criticisms of electrical power. When you plug in your car, you have to get the energy from somewhere, and the most common type of powerplant around even still today run on fossil fuels.... So it is argued that the added strain on the power production will account for just as much pollution as the cars put out to begin with...
Old 03-22-2007, 10:36 AM   #52
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
You all have a good point.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:03 AM   #53
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Well...I pull up to Chevron today on a call and a guy comes up to me. He asks if I can give him a jump. I tell him we don't carry cables. He says, "that's okay. I have some." I say, "sure thing. But, I'm on a call. Give me a couple minutes." Then, I turn around to see where he's going and low and behold...Lambo Gallardo! At first, I stared in awe. Then, I gave a quick chukle...dude in the lambo reallllly needs a jump??? You must be kidding me. Apparently, he's been having problems w/ his battery and said he's been needing to go and buy another one. I run over, jump his lambo, and begin to check it out. I took pix w/ my cell phone and as soon as I can get them downloaded to the computer, I'll post them. For now, this is a pic of a Murcielago. The one I jumped was a Gallardo...V10, 4 wheel drive, glass top over the engine. I'm telling you...in person, this was a work of art. It was just gorgeous!!!

Old 06-03-2007, 01:31 AM   #54
ChevyNut

That is quite the luck. i would love ot see a true supercar like that. I have seen Z06 corvettes and ford gt's but never something like that. did the guy let you poke around in the interior or just jump him?
Old 06-03-2007, 09:40 AM   #55
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNut View Post
That is quite the luck. i would love ot see a true supercar like that. I have seen Z06 corvettes and ford gt's but never something like that. did the guy let you poke around in the interior or just jump him?
Yeah...this lambo was beautiful and black in color. The pic above is the closest pic I could find of it for now. He was pretty cool and we talked for a couple of minutes. His girlfriend/wife/female friend was sitting in the passenger seat and didn't seem to happy, so I only got to talk for a sec. But, we walked around the car and he was talking about the engine, 4 wheel drive, and also about how the turning radius sucks on the car. He mentioned that the front tires are so wide, that you can't turn the wheels completely...so when he is making a u-turn, he has to make a very wide u-turn. I jokinginly said to pop the clutch and let the back just slide around. That's when he mentioned he can't do that in an all wheel drive.

I looked under the hood (where the trunk is). It was a very small area and he had his car cover and jumper cables in there. This was also where the driver gains access to the battery. I looked inside for a quick sec. We checked out the engine in the back under the glass cover. It was pure beauty, that lamborghini. It was just awesome.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:28 PM   #56
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
Well atleast it had room for the jumper cables. Reminds me of an old commercial with an exotic European car with a pretty lady standing there with a small suitcase he pulled up and popped a trunk ( in front) that was the same size then the bell boy brought out the cart with a bunch more bags on it.

Awesome story can't wait to see the pics. I saw a gallardo pull into a Lincoln dealership in Cranberry Twp. PA last year.. it was an impressive car.

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote