Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-05-2007, 03:06 PM   #57
WMCC Gary
Camaro Addict

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Here's a link to Berger Chevrolet and their Camaro's. http://www.bergerchevy.com/berger5/camaross.asp

And. YOU'RE NOT RETARDED!
Heres another link. www.gmmginc.net GMMG did all of the Berger Cars(Berger SS, Hot Rod edition, ZL1, Dick Harrell).

Also Check this link for some cool pics. http://www.mifbody.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7085
WMCC Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:06 PM   #58
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC'em View Post
Im retarded for asking I can tell, but Im not cultured enough in Camaros apparently to know what the deal is with this Berger. Can sombody explain what they are and what they do to camaros plz.
Don't feel bad, I had to do some research at first too becasue I had no idea. Berger is just a dealership in Michigan, but they are 1 of a handful of dealers who sell GMMG modified Camaros.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:24 PM   #59
WMCC Gary
Camaro Addict

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Don't feel bad, I had to do some research at first too becasue I had no idea. Berger is just a dealership in Michigan, but they are 1 of a handful of dealers who sell GMMG modified Camaros.
It is also the LAST of the Supercars dealers(Berger, Dana, Nickey, Fred Gibb, Bill Thomas, Yenko, Baldwin-Motion, Scuncio) to exist. All the others are long gone.
WMCC Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:25 PM   #60
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Drives: 2002 Hot Rod Magazine Ltd. Ed.
Well, Berger Chevrolet is much more than "just another dealership in Michigan" selling GMMG modified Camaros. They are the ONLY dealership in Michigan selling GMMG cars.

They have a rich high-performance heritage going back to the 60's, much like Yenko, Nickey, etc. They knew how to get COPO orders through GM and did 427 installs before the COPO thing became available.

They were established in 1925 and are one of only a very small number of dealershipe in all of GM's system, to be still owned by the same family. 82 years so far, and counting!

Check out this link: http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclec...s.shtml#berger
Old 02-05-2007, 07:09 PM   #61
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMCC Doug View Post
Well, Berger Chevrolet is much more than "just another dealership in Michigan" selling GMMG modified Camaros. They are the ONLY dealership in Michigan selling GMMG cars.

They have a rich high-performance heritage going back to the 60's, much like Yenko, Nickey, etc. They knew how to get COPO orders through GM and did 427 installs before the COPO thing became available.

They were established in 1925 and are one of only a very small number of dealershipe in all of GM's system, to be still owned by the same family. 82 years so far, and counting!

Check out this link: http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclec...s.shtml#berger

true, I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I was just trying to describe who they are in the simplest terms becasue I know i was confused about it when I first heard.

EDIT: Since it seems Berger is in the business because of the passion for cars and as a true Camaro enthusiest, it will be interesting to see if they place a dealer markup on all of the Camaros they sell like every other dealer in America, or if they will be the "People's Dealer" (I just made that up.)
Old 02-05-2007, 07:40 PM   #62
E-wing

Drives: 94' firebird
so can you buy one that is just tuned up and has better parts and the berger name or do they just make the special edition ones
E-wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:42 PM   #63
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Do you guys think that 5th gen parts are gonna be as expensive as LS1 F-body parts?

I had a LT1 and the parts cost was raping me, and its not like I can wake up one day and say "I have enough mods, I think Ill stop now" or "man I have no money, I cant mod anymore"

Broke as hell I always found ways to get the stuff I wanted for my baby, Damn I miss her!

Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #64
WMCC GETGONE
ObseSSed

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS, 1985 IROC Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to WMCC GETGONE
With a new platform and latest iteration of the LSX motor series of COURSE they're going to be expensive! It'll be years before the costs start to come down as the manufacturers recoup their investment into making parts. I hope GM does what Ford did and share their engineering data before the car hits the market so there will already be aftermarket parts available for it when it hits showroom floors. Otherwise it will be a long wait for manufacturers to engineer parts and get them to production.

2002 Camaro SS T Top Black M6 SLP 345HP SLP #8542
1985 Camaro IROC Z28 T Top Silver 305TPI Auto
2000 Camaro "RS" T Top Mystic Teal V6 Auto Daily Driver
WMCC GETGONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:20 PM   #65
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMCC GETGONE View Post
With a new platform and latest iteration of the LSX motor series of COURSE they're going to be expensive! It'll be years before the costs start to come down as the manufacturers recoup their investment into making parts. I hope GM does what Ford did and share their engineering data before the car hits the market so there will already be aftermarket parts available for it when it hits showroom floors. Otherwise it will be a long wait for manufacturers to engineer parts and get them to production.
That is one reason I never really understood GMs strategy on engine turnover. It seems as though they don't wait long before discontinuing the use of an engine and commissioning new ones. I mean the LS2 will have been around for less than 5 years by the time they lay it to rest and start using the LS3.

It seems to me that GM and consumers would gain a lot through longer lifecycles in their engines. The longer the engine is around the cheaper parts will be because they can spread the fixed costs across more units. I am not saying that I do not want a 400+ HP motor in my 5th gen, it is just that with GMs engine turnover it makes moding rather expensive.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:38 AM   #66
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Drives: 2002 Hot Rod Magazine Ltd. Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-wing View Post
so can you buy one that is just tuned up and has better parts and the berger name or do they just make the special edition ones

The Berger Camaros come as a complete package. You can't just pick, the exhaust, for instance. But there have been options available, "on top" of the "package", like "Phase II", "Phase IIX", etc. Of course, at this stage, it's too early to know just what the Berger Package will have as standard for the 5th Gen.

GMMG has sold the exhaust as a stand alone, over-the-counter item, but adding that to your car does not make it a "Berger" Camaro. All the Berger Camaros have special badging and serial numbers, documenting them as "Berger/GMMG" cars.

Berger has worked with GMMG on all of their packages so far, and I'm sure GMMG will have some exciting things in mind for the 5th Gen, too.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:53 AM   #67
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
I'll go with a K&N cold air intake long tunnel ram, then a throttel body spacer, and then the flowmater exzaust, and we acn't forget the hi performance plugs and plug wires.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:23 AM   #68
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I'll prob do the typical cold air intake and if I don't like the exhaust tone I'll get that redone.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:51 AM   #69
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
#1 tint the windows
#2 buy second set of rims to have powder coated black
All so it can be converted back to completely stock one day if i want.
Other than that not a thing I like to keep my vehicles custom but low key.
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:23 PM   #70
nitrokid

Drives: 69 Camaro RS/Z28
First,I'd get rid of the Factory wheels(GM has a history of producing the most unattractive wheels),with a set of Boyd Coddington "junkyard dog wheels" or some Foose designed 2 piece crome alloy,or some classic American Racing torque thrust 2's! 2nd a performance chip.3rd a set of aftermarket tube headers.
nitrokid is offline   Reply With Quote