The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Member's Lounge > Off-Topic Chat

Old 11-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Great Story and something I wanted to share

This was posted over on a detailing forum and I wanted to share it as well as a word of thanks from me.

Fallen Soldier

This is a great story and write-up of the things that are often unseen or not on the front page of the news.

These are the types of things that when all is said and done I just can't hold cynicism even with all the doubt society gives us on a daily basis. Because in the end when people are truly tested this is how people act, with respect and dignity. And even the people in this thread that honor and respect the one that gave all, as the old saying goes "All gave some, some gave all". These are the acts that when you hear about people protesting these things that you know that there are still numerous good people that respect the ones that serve; unfortunately in war as much as it would be great for all the men and women to come back it's just not how it works. It would be great and dandy if this didn't have to happen but unfortunately there are bad people in this world and there are men and women all day, every day from around the world willing to do the things that have to be done so everyone in this great country and our foreign partners have the right to do the things that we often forget and take for granted.

Long post over, I know there are numerous members on C5 and C7 that are currently or formerly serving, but there are ten times as many that are constantly giving support and respect to those. I guess I just wanted to show my respects and be able to say thanks, to everyone who thanks those for serving and everyone that continues to do so.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Great article, and it hits home for me. I spent 22 years in the Marine Corps, deployed 6 times in defense of the country, and returned home just as I left each time. Sadly, many do not, tragically some don't return home alive. I was lucky to never have lost any of my Marines in combat, but I did have one injured. May God comfort this fighter's family, and have mercy on his/her soul.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
It's the life we choose, it's not easy but it's fun, and we also get a chance to do things that a majority of the population will never do or be able to understand fully (not a knock, it's just something that you have to do to understand).
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote