The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 05-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #113
69Z/28Camaro
Red Big Block Camaro

Drives: 93 C1500, VR Big Block 70 Camaro RS
Yeah, but to say you're going to Boston then say nah, I think i'll go to Pittsburgh, kinda crappy. On tonight's game, at least the Wings held on to win after blowing their lead!!

On the Blues: They are playing some good, hard hitting hockey. Kings aren't playing bad I think, just can't score.

Habs/Sens: shaping up to be a good series.

In the end, Go Red Wings!!!
my 1970 Camaro RS. Frame off restoration. 600 HP 454 Naturally Aspirated. GM Performance Heads, Comp Mechanical cam, Weiand Stealth Intake, Holley 750 Carb. Hooker and Flowmaster exhaust system. Victory Red paint, True Rally Sport.
69Z/28Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #114
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
I think if the Wings move to the Burbs it will help them. There is an article I read on it and if I can dig it up I'll send it to you. Detroit was hit the hardest with the economic trouble so there are a lot of local fans that moved looking for work.

Last I heard they want to build a new stadium and get away from the city.

That's too funny!
Not sure where you saw that article but they are staying in the city. Building a ultimate sports/retail/housing area.
Don't see a problem when they have something like 90+ consecutive home sell-outs.
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #115
69Z/28Camaro
Red Big Block Camaro

What do you think of Abdelkader's 2 game suspension and that ugly 4-0 loss? Rough game. hopefully we can get the right guy moved up *nyquist* and get Bert and Tootoo in there and bounce back.
my 1970 Camaro RS. Frame off restoration. 600 HP 454 Naturally Aspirated. GM Performance Heads, Comp Mechanical cam, Weiand Stealth Intake, Holley 750 Carb. Hooker and Flowmaster exhaust system. Victory Red paint, True Rally Sport.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #116
jessicamariella
Chase me...

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
RANGERS!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #117
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
The 2 game suspension seems a bit excessive. He's a big guy and it was a hard hit... I didn't think there was intent to injure (as in a head shot) but the league thought different.
Detroits next game is a must win... same with the Habs
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #118
AlohaBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
The 2 game suspension seems a bit excessive. He's a big guy and it was a hard hit... I didn't think there was intent to injure (as in a head shot) but the league thought different.
Detroits next game is a must win... same with the Habs

Ditto...Can't believe the suspension, but he did go airborne. Think he is taking lessons from Kronwall!
Old 05-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #119
duffman

Drives: 67 firebird
well since the Canucks pretty much embarrassed themselves last game. Guess all I can say now is go RED WINGS!
duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #120
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Short Handed Goal Bruins, 4-1 lead late in the second period
Old 05-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #121
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaBR View Post
Not sure where you saw that article but they are staying in the city. Building a ultimate sports/retail/housing area.
Don't see a problem when they have something like 90+ consecutive home sell-outs.
It was one of a few possibilities management was considering. Of all the cities in the U.S. I think Detroit was hit the hardest when the economy went bad and the Wings were scoping a possible move to the suburbs of Detroit. It was probably one rumor of many but if I can find the article again I'll link you guys to it.

Also the attendance numbers are rarely accurate. I noticed that when the Hawks were in the dumps years back and they would claim their attendance for the night was around 10k, which is half their capacity, and the U.C. was not half full. Sometimes you'll have season ticket holders who don't show up, or corporate business will have tickets bought but nobody went to the games, things like that allow teams to inflate attendance despite some empty seats. All teams do it. For Detroit I've always figured when I've seen the empty seats during a game it was because of how hard it has been financially for people living there.

Regardless though I was talking about Minnesota. When I went to hockey camps as a kid, of all the states I've been to doing that, Minnesota always struck me as more hockey crazy than anywhere else in the U.S. It's not a knock on Michigan just something I remember about Minnesota.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:18 AM   #122
69Z/28Camaro
Red Big Block Camaro

Who cares, WINGS WIN!!! Tied this baby up and heading back to Anaheim. We deserved to win tonight, but also didn't. Lots of defensive breakdowns, but we could've also scored more than we did. I think it was a stupid idea to bring lashoff up when Ian white has had much more playoff experience. Dekeyser was much better than Lashoff and he hasn't filled Dekeyser's role very well.

And Kyle Palmieri got Kronwalled!!!

Last edited by 69Z/28Camaro; 05-07-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #123
AlohaBR

That was a FANTASTIC hit by Kronwall! Brings memories of Konstantinov(?, butchered that name).
Old 05-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #124
Mutant Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaBR View Post
That was a FANTASTIC hit by Kronwall! Brings memories of Konstantinov(?, butchered that name).
You got it spelled correctly. I remember that guy cross checked Jocelyn Lemieux in the face and his bottom lip was hanging off and when Roenick put him through the glass at the old stadium.

Strange the stuff we remember. Konstantinov was as tough as a bare knuckle boxer.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #125
69Z/28Camaro
Red Big Block Camaro

oh yea, Vlad. I've seen some highlights of his huge hits. It'd be ironic if Kronner was Russian haha.
I really hope we play well. I'd rather lose playing good hockey instead of that junk in games 1 and 3. Need to build off last night.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #126
Mutant Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Z/28Camaro View Post
oh yea, Vlad. I've seen some highlights of his huge hits. It'd be ironic if Kronner was Russian haha.
I really hope we play well. I'd rather lose playing good hockey instead of that junk in games 1 and 3. Need to build off last night.
Cleary is hurting which could be a tough blow and it's do or die with the series 3-2. I've been watching the Wings with huge interest lately which is why I'm so chatty about them, I hope you fellas don't mind.

I want them to crush the Ducks.