The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 06-02-2015, 01:59 PM   #1
BalloonPilotC7Driver

Drives: Stingray 2LT
Uneven Brake Pad Wear

I have a 2014 Stingray 2LT. I took it to one HPDE event last year, and did about a half day of open lapping a couple weeks ago. To say I'm a novice, is an understatement. Everything on the car is stock.

I got back from the track and noticed terrible brake squeal. I took it to the dealership, and the front pads were worn down to nothing, but only on half of the pad (like front to back). The wear indicators were causing the brake squeal. They replaced the pads and turned the rotors.

Of course the pads weren't covered under warranty due to what was seen as signs of excessive heat and braking. My question is, is the uneven wear normal or is there a problem with brakes/calipers? I thougth with the 4 piston calipers it would provide even braking/wear on the pads. Thoughts?
BalloonPilotC7Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:23 AM   #2
ntonkin

Drives: Green coup, Z-51, LT2, mag susp,
Did you follow the instructions in the manual and change brake fluid and install rings before going to the track?
ntonkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake pads, brakes, hpde, track