Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-06-2014, 10:11 AM   #43
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
I went through a bad series of dealer visits with my SS. Here are the cliff notes, learned the hard way:

A) Find a Cadillac dealer. Caddy dealers, in my experience, do far superior work than any Chevy dealer I have ever visited.

B) With damage to your car caused during the service visit, it boils down to your word vs. theirs the second you pull off the lot. As sucky as this sounds, it is the position that GM customer care took with me. I suspect you will be told the same.

C) As others have noted, you either get a great car or a complete POS. My SS has been in over and over for new and exciting problems. My ZL1 has been perfect.

I wish you luck in finding a new dealer.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #44
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I went through a bad series of dealer visits with my SS. Here are the cliff notes, learned the hard way:

A) Find a Cadillac dealer. Caddy dealers, in my experience, do far superior work than any Chevy dealer I have ever visited.

B) With damage to your car caused during the service visit, it boils down to your word vs. theirs the second you pull off the lot. As sucky as this sounds, it is the position that GM customer care took with me. I suspect you will be told the same.

C) As others have noted, you either get a great car or a complete POS. My SS has been in over and over for new and exciting problems. My ZL1 has been perfect.

There is a dealer closer to my home, I went with the one that I had purchased the car from. As for the damage, the wheel and the red scratche lines were noted before I left, the Sales GM said that he will confirm that I had the damage when I left and he took pictures.
I have had no "exciting problems" yet, only very irritating ones. I am eager to get those exciting ones....yay.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #45
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post

I think the Caddy dealer here are part of the same company.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
Old 01-07-2014, 10:33 AM   #46
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Good news, the service manager took responsibility for the damage and said they will pay for the repairs at a body shop of my choice. Thank goodness.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #47
580/556 ZL1

Drives: 2013ZL1/A6/T.BLACK
I HATE DEALERS....
Old 01-07-2014, 05:18 PM   #48
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
unfortunately your car is living up to your username. Did you mod the upper pully /belt on your supercharger?. I was thinking of modifying it on mine, and I was wondering if you do mod it, will they still warranty the supercharger?.
Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #49
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvici View Post
unfortunately your car is living up to your username. Did you mod the upper pully /belt on your supercharger?. I was thinking of modifying it on mine, and I was wondering if you do mod it, will they still warranty the supercharger?.
Not just my username, the car's name too : "NYTMER" license plate.

No mods. They probably would totally deny any drivetrain repairs if I did.
Even with everything unmodded/stock form, they are saying that the supercharger rattle is normal and expected at 10000 miles. That is not acceptable. It sounds like a piece of junk when idling.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:54 AM   #50
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
Its good to see Chevy stands behind their product.
Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:24 AM   #51
Kyle M

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Kyle M Send a message via MSN to Kyle M Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle M Send a message via Skype™ to Kyle M
@NightmareZL1

Sucks to hear about your issues. I've been smelling a coolant smell after I drive the car. Can you explain where you're seeing the coolant leak? I'd like to look at mine and see if I see anything.
Kyle M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #52
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle M View Post
@NightmareZL1

Sucks to hear about your issues. I've been smelling a coolant smell after I drive the car. Can you explain where you're seeing the coolant leak? I'd like to look at mine and see if I see anything.
If you remove the belly pan, there are two aluminum coolant lines going down to the diamond shaped oil cooler (drivers side of engine - underneath). the leak originates above, at the cylinder head, and the coolant is leaking down the aluminum pipe and drying up.

Hope that helps - it didn't help the dealer see the leak, i guess it is too much work to look under the car
Old 01-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #53
Kyle M

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Kyle M Send a message via MSN to Kyle M Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle M Send a message via Skype™ to Kyle M
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZL1 View Post
If you remove the belly pan, there are two aluminum coolant lines going down to the diamond shaped oil cooler (drivers side of engine - underneath). the leak originates above, at the cylinder head, and the coolant is leaking down the aluminum pipe and drying up.

Hope that helps - it didn't help the dealer see the leak, i guess it is too much work to look under the car
Thanks! I'll take a look!
Kyle M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:01 PM   #54
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello NightmareZL1,

We do apologize that we did not respond on this thread sooner! I am happy to hear the service manager was able to assist. Please feel free to let us know if you ever need assistance. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZL1 View Post
Good news, the service manager took responsibility for the damage and said they will pay for the repairs at a body shop of my choice. Thank goodness.
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #55
blessedhellride

Drives: 2014 Z/28; 2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello NightmareZL1,

We do apologize that we did not respond on this thread sooner! I am happy to hear the service manager was able to assist. Please feel free to let us know if you ever need assistance. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
So glad I am a Chevy owner and part of an awesome forum!!!
blessedhellride is offline   Reply With Quote