The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 07-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
TPW 08/05/2013 Constraints

Ken Fichtner has posted the constraints for the week of 08/05/2013 Stingray production on the Corvette Forum in case anyone wants to check them out.

As rumored, FAY -the carbon fiber interior overlay, is on constraint limited to five orders nationwide.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
BRCC
BRCC Webmaster

Drives: 2017 GS 3LT Sterling Blue/Gray Int
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
Ken Fichtner has posted the constraints for the week of 08/05/2013 Stingray production on the Corvette Forum in case anyone wants to check them out.

As rumored, FAY -the carbon fiber interior overlay, is on constraint limited to five orders nationwide.

Laborsmith
That is a bit confusing considering the fact that the first round which had 1066 or 1566 units had no constraints has not started to build and if they started building this week might not be completed (first round)until that indicated TPW 8/5 for the second round.
In essence are we lead to believe production will start very soon (i.e. 8/15 or 8/22) or are they just confused on their dates?
I am sure what Ken put out is what all dealers have received, it's just GM's timeframes that seem to need some coordination.
BRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
laborsmith

My suspicion is 5 of the 1066 first pulls had RPO FAY in the order. The 500 Premium Edition units would not be part of the constraint. There are additional to the FAY constraints for the second pull, which will be on Tuesday.

And yes I believe the start of regular production is soon, namely the first Monday in August. Since until yesterday the only production dates were pulled I see your concern about confusion, but as I recall, BeckyD never was able to see those early dates, which tells us something.

Finally, the system is not perfect. As I once posted, my Sonic RS carred a 10/2 TPW all the way up to the day it was produced: 11/07. Best idea: treat the dates as guidelines recognizing they are not written in stone.

Labosmith
Old 07-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
BRCC
BRCC Webmaster

Drives: 2017 GS 3LT Sterling Blue/Gray Int
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
My suspicion is 5 of the 1066 first pulls had RPO FAY in the order. The 500 Premium Edition units would not be part of the constraint. There are additional to the FAY constraints for the second pull, which will be on Tuesday.
Labosmith
On the same board Ken post on there is a thread "Order Status Update" and there is a detail listing of orders at status 3000 and higher, there are 44 orders detailed there and 20 of the 44 have FAY option. I assume GM did not think the take rate on that option would be as high as it is. However, the constraint refers to 5 units being available, that is applicable to the second round only, there are no FAY constraints on the first round allocations.

Last edited by BRCC; 07-15-2013 at 10:59 AM.
BRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #5
laborsmith

Some of those people have been told to remove FAY or delay their build. I believe the second pull has 500 FAY nationwide constrained; I am pretty sure the five applies to the first pull.

Labosmith
Old 07-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCC View Post
On the same board Ken post on there is a thread "Order Status Update" and there is a detail listing of orders at status 3000 and higher, there are 44 orders detailed there and 20 of the 44 have FAY option. I assume GM did not think the take rate on that option would be as high as it is. However, the constraint refers to 5 units being available, that is applicable to the second round only, there are no FAY constraints on the first round allocations.
Where is this other board? I would like to see that Order Status Post.

If I have FAY on my order and I am at 3000 now, will that mean my order will be delayed if I do not remove it? I have not gotten any word from my Dealer about this order if Chevrolet has notified Dealers of this.

Last edited by tnspd; 07-17-2013 at 12:10 PM.
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #7
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
Still asking?

If I have FAY on my order and I am at 3000 now, will that mean my order will be delayed if I do not remove it? I have not gotten any word from my Dealer about this order if Chevrolet has notified Dealers of this
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #8
myfirstvette

Drives: 2014 C7 Corvette
This is the website and thread for the Ken Fitchner blog about constraint referenced earlier.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...11-2013-a.html

The order status post blog is:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...us-update.html
myfirstvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #9
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
I have not seen this constraint you all are speaking of. It doesn't show up in 'my system'. Lets hope not.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #10
laborsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnspd View Post
Still asking?

If I have FAY on my order and I am at 3000 now, will that mean my order will be delayed if I do not remove it? I have not gotten any word from my Dealer about this order if Chevrolet has notified Dealers of this
Yes. Usually you will be given a choice to let it ride or change, but once at 3000 the allocation is used. If you let it ride, the order will continue until the constraint is lifted. Most early (pre) orderers will change their order to be sure of an early delivery but you do not need to change if what is constrained is something important to you. It will just be an additional several weeks before produced.

Laborsmith
Old 07-31-2013, 08:16 AM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
If your order is at 3000 or above and you have ordered the FAY option then you have it and are not affected. If your order is not at 3000 and you chose the FAY option then you will be waiting for it to become available. If there are any more questions please let me know.

Hi Laborsmith!

If you want me to check your order status, please private message me. Thanks,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #12
laborsmith

Kelly is right, your dealer has used an allocation and the order itself is good but there may be a delay in being built waiting for the part. Happens with every new production. For the C6 it was the optional wheels and for the C7 it is the CF overlay.

How long a delay? You may not even notice it as all early (first couple months) production is held for two or three weeks for quality check purposes.

Laborsmith

Kelly, I am waiting for 2016 when the regular body coupe comes out. Got a good scrape on my passenger side mirror going into the garage, the benefit of no depth perception. I can drive in and back out a hundred times w/o incident, but eventually I scrape one side or the other. Very frustrating.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #13
Jay_Levine

Drives: 2014 Corvette
Kelly

I have a deposit in for a convertible. Am I correct in assuming that the dealer will not get an allocation on convertibles for at least another 30 days or so?
Jay
Jay_Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:39 PM   #14
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
Rick Conti I thought said orders for convertibles starts around Aug 5