Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-27-2015, 12:53 PM   #113
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
If I was the pickup driver I probably would have done the same and slowed.
That's not your right, it just makes you jerk.

As far as this incident, the Camaro driver needed to take a time out. He wasn't going to win in that situation unless the rig to the right slowed down intentionally to let him pass on the right. Question is - if the rig did that, would the pickup swerve into the right on purpose? I've seen some crazy nonsense on the roads, and this doesn't rank at the top. Unfortunately this ended worse than any of those situations because the Camaro decided to go rambo and lost control.

Additionally, the Camaro could have safely gone in front of the truck when it first put on its directional. The hesitation of the driver tells me they're actually not a very good driver and don't know the length of their own vehicle.

This video has all sorts of fail.

Last edited by stoopid; 04-27-2015 at 01:06 PM.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:05 PM   #114
tjk_art

Drives: 2010

Last edited by tjk_art; 12-12-2016 at 02:18 PM.
tjk_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:07 PM   #115
stoopid

Quote:
Originally Posted by xk49 View Post
I've been that Camaro guy and I've been that truck guy as well, both actions(reaction) probably precipitated by some other jerk in a car having zero respect for the other drivers on the rode.
Well said.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:09 PM   #116
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
When two stupid people meet in the same place.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:12 PM   #117
stoopid

Last edited by stoopid; 04-27-2015 at 01:15 PM. Reason: delete me
Old 04-27-2015, 01:14 PM   #118
Beardface

Drives: '11 topless 2LT RS & '05 Altima SER
http://www.khou.com/story/news/local...lder/26443189/

Quote:
New York State Police later said the Camaro's driver, 32-year-old Kiran Thapa, was arrested and charged with Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated and Aggravated Unlicensed Operation Motor Vehicle.
http://wivb.com/2015/04/27/video-cap...-near-batavia/

Quote:
Driver Kiran Thapa, 32, was arrested afterwards and charged with DWI. Police say his blood alcohol content was .19 percent.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:15 PM   #119
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
^^^
That explains his actions, what about the pick up ?
Old 04-27-2015, 01:16 PM   #120
stoopid

I would have guessed cocaine.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:18 PM   #121
Mityguy

Drives: 2018 Hyperblue Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post

As far as this incident, the Camaro driver needed to take a time out. He wasn't going to win in that situation unless the rig to the right slowed down intentionally to let him pass on the right. Question is - if the rig did that, would the pickup swerve into the right on purpose? I've seen some crazy nonsense on the roads, and this doesn't rank at the top. Unfortunately this ended worse than any of those situations because the Camaro decided to go rambo and lost control.
Never go full rambo.
Mityguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:18 PM   #122
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
If someone wants to ride that close to me then I'll slow down until I feel it's a safe speed for that following distance.

If I was the pickup, I would have slowed even more than he did and tucked in behind the semi. Although, if I was the pickup, I'd never have spent that much time around the semi to begin with. I get the hell by them. I've seen too many stories about them blowing a tire or changing lanes without looking.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:20 PM   #123
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
I drive for a living, not OTR, just company vehicle, and I can tell you, having received quite a bit of driving training, everyone is at fault. the camaro is obvious. driving recklessly, tailgating, etc, etc. the pickup truck was doing everything he could to irritate the camaro. he knew he had an impatient, reckless driver behind him and decided to push his buttons anyways. he decided to poke the bear, and the bear got him. additionally, as other have said, cruising in the left hand lane at a minimum is illegal in most states. intentionally blocking someone in like that would probably constitute reckless or improper driving. for all those defending him, do you think he'd be doing that if there were a cop two cars back? and lastly the 18 wheeler. He's without a doubt the least at fault. but as anyone who has any kind of professional training driving a vehicle knows, one of the most important things when driving a vehicle is to leave a cushion of space around you whenever possible. you never drive in a pack, on someones ass etc. that allows you to not only avoid this kind of nonsense, but the space and time to deal with it when it does happen. the accident was in no way his fault, but buy refusing to follow some techniques that all commercial drivers are taught he failed to keep himself out of it. should have slowed down and let those two idiots play their games down the road and not been a party to it.

they're all at fault to some extent, but the truck driver and camaro drivers should loose their licenses for awhile to ponder their stupidity.
Smith System?
Old 04-27-2015, 01:25 PM   #124
Beardface

Drives: '11 topless 2LT RS & '05 Altima SER
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMY1LE View Post
^^^
That explains his actions, what about the pick up ?
No arrest, no charges.

And rightfully so
Old 04-27-2015, 01:26 PM   #125
williamp78

Drives: 2011 2ss blk/wht strp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Smith System?
LMAO damn the smith system training.....
williamp78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:28 PM   #126
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchf View Post
Guy in truck was an azzhat, clearly no one in front of him at time of crash and like some others posted, who knows how long he had been doing that? Camaro driver was an azzhat for passing on the shoulder, actually might have made it had he just used the shoulder but he put one side in the median grass which was even more stupid.
No. Clearly there was, for nearly as long as it took for the situation to fully develop.

Look at the shadow in front of the truck in the beginning, then the right rear quarter of the vehicle ahead, and finally when this vehicle moves over in front of the 18 wheeler ahead of the one that got caught up in it all. I've posted video timing on this already. We're all looking at the exact same video, but perhaps some of us have more bias than others.

Norm