Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-25-2015, 08:40 PM   #57
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Glad it sounds like it is being supported.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:49 PM   #58
MrIanB

Drives: 2015 Red Rock Camaro 1LT RS
Good luck and keep it off net while being resolved.

Ian B
MrIanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:24 PM   #59
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
Are you able to release any of the diagnosis (only) without placing the repair in jeopardy?

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:40 AM   #60
MARKSTI

Drives: 2015 z28 sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
Are you able to release any of the diagnosis (only) without placing the repair in jeopardy?
Waiting on Chevy.
Thanks.
MARKSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:31 AM   #61
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKSTI View Post
Waiting on Chevy.
Thanks.
Okay. Thanks.

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:45 PM   #62
JeffInDFW
Camaro owner for 29 years

Drives: 96 Viper GTS/09 Sky Redline/95 Z28
Hey Mark. I was just wondering if there was any movement/update?
JeffInDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 04:32 PM   #63
4 FN 27

Drives: 2015 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
I think the key to less hassles is have a good relationship with your dealer's service dept. Get to know the Service Manager. Ask the the car be worked on by one of their best tech's real experienced with that engine. And a real good experienced dealer tech will have no problem in diagnosing what is wrong and what caused it. The internals of an LS7 or any LS motor is basically a small block Chevy. Techs love working on them, they are easy to work on... A good tech will have it sorted out quick on cause, warranty or not, best way to repair...

I think many situations turn out fine if working with a real good dealer and tech. Have faith, let them do what they do, don't go to battle positions and defcon 1 unless things really go screwy.
That is the best advise right there.

Last year I took a 2013 427 Corvette Convert to the Drag Strip and on the 3rd pass the Clutch Pedal stuck to the floor. Pushed it into the Trailer and brought strait to my dealer on Monday in the Trailer. Explain what and where it happened and on Wednesday I picked the Car up no questions asked and no charge. I asked the Service Manager if I could take it back to the strip. He said sure there is 2 more years of warranty on it.

I know it wasn't a motor issue but still they stood right behind it.

The Vette was running 12.3's @ 118 MPH. A little slow for me. I actually looked down at the Tach to see if it was running. After driving a 6.7 car for a few years I felt like I had enough time between gear changes to make sandwich.

I would be very interested in the follow up by GM.
4 FN 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:07 PM   #64
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
It's usually a modified ECU that gets your warranty denied. You'll be just fine.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:20 PM   #65
MARKSTI

Update:
Dumped the car..bought a 15 viper ta 2.0
Too many problems with my Z28.

Last edited by MARKSTI; 04-24-2015 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:31 PM   #66
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
So you drove it 400 miles to the track. Must have been satisfied with the fix at that point..

Then it goes into limp mode... yup something is still not right. Then drive 400 miles back home with some decel pop going on.

You'll be happy with the Viper T/A... they are bad ass on the track.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:52 PM   #67
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Sounds like my experience with GM.....yep, never again! Just goes to show you how GM really operates. If it's cheap to fix and one off problem, GMCS to the rescue, trying to make themselves look like the Lone Ranger, complete with white horse....BUT.....let the problem be one of an engineering failure type, like the clutch system, the LS7 valve guides etc. and you will hear only one of two things: crickets chirping or "abuse". Sad.
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:29 AM   #68
LateralG

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z28
Good luck with the new ride...also a beast!

For the sake of sparing some fellow enthusiasts some real heartache, did you sell the Z28 or did GM/dealer do some kind of buy back?

How many miles were on the car? Good to know for us to two reasons, there are probably many of us curious about the magical 1,500 mile break-in number and how that may or may not effect warranty and secondly, if the dealer or GM has the car a new buyer may wish to be extra cautious about this particular example.

Thanks and good luck....
LateralG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:31 AM   #69
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKSTI View Post
Update:
Dumped the car..bought a 15 viper ta 2.0
Too many problems with my Z28.
What's the real story? You left us in the dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
So you drove it 400 miles to the track. Must have been satisfied with the fix at that point..

Then it goes into limp mode... yup something is still not right. Then drive 400 miles back home with some decel pop going on.

You'll be happy with the Viper T/A... they are bad ass on the track.
I assume because his post is edited that you responded to it and then he edited it. Are we to assume he got the car back, there was an issue and he sold it?

Was the original al issue ever disclosed?
Old 04-25-2015, 09:37 AM   #70
MARKSTI

I didn't want to string this out a lot...I can write a small story on this one folks.
The story in a nut shell is that the car had engine problems..dealer kept throwing parts like cat convertors not wanting to do a motor unless it failed or blew even though they confirmed something was up with the motor.
In the mean time I'm waiting and waiting...the last straw was me driving 400miles to the track..doing a part throttle yellow flag lap and the car going in limp mode again showing misfire codes and dropping power..then on the way home the cars back firing etc etc

Gm should do with the ls7 as porsche did with the gt3..recall the car and fix a known factory defect.

I'm not a new car guy and this isn't my first track car....I work in automotive and in motorsports to get you a little of background...The car wasn't worth the fight for me if you know what I mean...so I moved on.

BEFORE I BOUGHT MY Z28 I DID SOME RESEARCH..TURNS OUT LS7S HAVE PROBLEMS..WE KNOW THAT..I GOT A GOOD ENOUGH DEAL ON THE CAR THAT I FIGURE ID ROLL THE DICE..WORSE COMES TO WORSE I WILL SELL OR TRADE THE CAR IN IF ITS A BUM CAR..GUESS WHAT HAPPENED.

Last edited by MARKSTI; 04-25-2015 at 10:11 AM.