Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-18-2017, 01:01 AM   #1
RobertAvitia
BYND GARAGE

Drives: 17' 1LT Turbo
getting a car out of state??

whats the process of getting a car out of state.?? I live in California and can't find a 1le in the color I want in my state but there in many out of state. how would I go about purchasing that car? is there any added fees to the purchase?
RobertAvitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:23 AM   #2
warren3537

Drives: 2019 Red Hot ZL1 1LE: 2012 RAM 2500
I live in Louisiana and bought my 17 1SS in Houston, the dealership goes by the tax rates in your state, it doesn't matter if you live in California and find what you are looking for, lets say is in North Carolina, the only added fee is what's it going to cost you to get it home, they would handle all the paper work to include registration and you can probably get your car cheaper out of state anyway.
warren3537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:41 AM   #3
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertAvitia View Post
whats the process of getting a car out of state.?? I live in California and can't find a 1le in the color I want in my state but there in many out of state. how would I go about purchasing that car? is there any added fees to the purchase?

I suggest dealing with a sales person that knows the process. I purchased mine from BeckyD @ James Martin Chevrolet. She sells to customers out of state all the time she knows the process very well. I suggest contacting her she can ship the car to you or you can fly in and drive home with it.

I flew up to Detroit took delivery of my 17 SS Convertible and drove home to Orlando, FL the same day, total of 19 hours and 1152 miles.

By far the best purchase experience I have ever had.

My review this was when Becky was @ Rodgers Chevrolet.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491968

Last edited by 01pewterz28; 12-19-2017 at 04:42 AM.
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:56 PM   #4
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Contact BeckyD. She will knowledgeably answer your questions even if you end up buying elsewhere. I have yet to meet a sales person who knows more about Chevy performance vehicles than she and I am on my fifth Camaro. And none have made the purchasing experience as smooth as she does.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:35 PM   #5
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
Contact BeckyD. She will knowledgeably answer your questions even if you end up buying elsewhere. I have yet to meet a sales person who knows more about Chevy performance vehicles than she and I am on my fifth Camaro. And none have made the purchasing experience as smooth as she does.

Laborsmith
+1 for BeckyD. I bought mine through her and she arranged delivery and everything.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:09 PM   #6
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
My previous salesman from my local dealer found my 2LT one state away and they negotiated to get it on their lot once I signed the deal. They went and got it for me the next couple of days after a snow storm. They even sent me home with another Camaro until mine arrived.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:33 PM   #7
RobertAvitia
BYND GARAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
+1 for BeckyD. I bought mine through her and she arranged delivery and everything.
will do guys! thanks!
Old 12-18-2017, 09:28 PM   #8
MoreSpeed

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Buying out of state is a very simple process which I did with my ZL1 and a number of cars before.

You make your best deal. Then they either process with your states sales tax or without sales tax. If the process without, you have to go to your local town taxing authority and pay the sales tax, before you go to your DMV to register.

You make arrangements with your insurance same as you would buying local. If you are shipping the car, you don't have to do much else.

If you are driving it away, you may have to pay a small fee for temporary plates in the state you are buying the car.

The whole process takes not much more time than buying local.

Sold 2010 997 GT3, 2016 WRX, 2006 997 C2S, 2003 996 C4S, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 E420 AMG
etc..
MoreSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:38 AM   #9
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I was going to order my SS, but the dealer found one out of state.
It was in Tenn, I live in Ohio. So I was told they would "SHIP" it up.
They "Drove up" over 300 miles. Find out "HOW" they are getting to you.
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:09 PM   #10
RobertAvitia
BYND GARAGE

Would a trade in make it more difficult??
Old 12-23-2017, 02:36 PM   #11
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettman View Post
I was going to order my SS, but the dealer found one out of state.
It was in Tenn, I live in Ohio. So I was told they would "SHIP" it up.
They "Drove up" over 300 miles. Find out "HOW" they are getting to you.

I too had that little surprise thrust on me. Oh, sure, it was only a couple hundred miles when all said and done, no issues as a result, but it still stayed on my mind long after I put a few thousand miles on it.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:30 AM   #12
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMI View Post
I too had that little surprise thrust on me. Oh, sure, it was only a couple hundred miles when all said and done, no issues as a result, but it still stayed on my mind long after I put a few thousand miles on it.
"ONLY" a couple hundred miles??...lol. How was it driven? New Car on the freeway? Great break-in procedure...lol. Like you, it took me awhile to "get over it". Then I found stone chips on the front end, and scratches cause they hand washed it. It was a learning experience.
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:50 PM   #13
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettman View Post
"ONLY" a couple hundred miles??...lol. How was it driven? New Car on the freeway? Great break-in procedure...lol. Like you, it took me awhile to "get over it". Then I found stone chips on the front end, and scratches cause they hand washed it. It was a learning experience.

+ 10.