Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
jwlflyer

Drives: 2009 Silverado 2010 2SS Camaro
Angry Car arrived then damaged at dealership 3 hours later.

After waiting four months for my Cyber Gray 2SS it finally arrived on Thursday July 2nd. A few hours later my dealership called to tell me that the car was damaged by someone. The left rear bumper cover is scratched up and the quarter panel has a 4 inch dent and scratches in it. They offered to order a new one or they would have it repaired and I take it. I'm torn! Do I wait another few months and miss out on the summer or take a car that has already had a repair? Do I have any legal action? This stinks!
jwlflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #2
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
That is so insane. Sorry to hear the problem.

No legal action is needed, things happen and the dealer is trying to make it right. I would not wait I personally would try to find one for sale that is already out there that is like what your looking for. I would not buy a new car with damage even if they fixed it nor would i be willing to wait.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
man, tht sux. i wud prolly wait, which is torture, but u dont want a brand new car with a repair already.
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwlflyer View Post
After waiting four months for my Cyber Gray 2SS it finally arrived on Thursday July 2nd. A few hours later my dealership called to tell me that the car was damaged by someone. The left rear bumper cover is scratched up and the quarter panel has a 4 inch dent and scratches in it. They offered to order a new one or they would have it repaired and I take it. I'm torn! Do I wait another few months and miss out on the summer or take a car that has already had a repair? Do I have any legal action? This stinks!

They can just order you another bumper and should be able to code match the paint perfectly. If you don't take it.....this is what they will do. Order a new bumber and code match the paint and no one will ever know and sale it to someone else. I have spoken to several dealerships and say this stuff happens all the time to brand new cars and they just make the appropriate repairs. I would not think you have any legal grounds if you don't own the car. It for sure bites that this has happened. I would for sure have them get you a new bumper but they do come unpainted so the dealership body shop has to paint and clear coat it. Tell them to fix and see if it meets your expectations and take it. If not then order another. They should extend that to you at least as they can't sale it until it is fixed anyway.

Last edited by DCJ; 07-03-2009 at 05:38 PM.
DCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
buddy don't complain, at least you have your car, I have been waiting 10 months.
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #6
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!...soooooooooo sorry for you!...tough decision...

When I ordered my brand new Firebird 'back in the day", it came in damaged and I went with my boyfriend, (now my husband) to pick it up and he told the dealer, "No way are we taking THAT car"...

I was devastated, as I had just waited 12 wks for the car to be delivered...
So, after much soul-searching, we went to another dealer and ordered another one and waited ANOTHER 12 weeks for that Firebird to come in PERFECTLY!!!..

I was really under serious pressure, as the '76 Firebird had the round headlights that I preferred and I knew that the '77 was going to have the rectangular headlights and I did not like them as much...
But, we got the order in for the '76 in the "nick of time" and I enjoyed that car for many happy miles and years...

I feel your pain...personally I don't know what I would do in your shoes with the difficulty of waiting for another Camaro, however, I would want the car to be PERFECT when I picked it up...

Hope everything works out for the best for you...I believe I would wait for the dealer to get you another car, even if you have to wait...
Don't make a decision you may always regret just to have your car this summer...
You want to have it for many happy summers.....................

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!...
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #7
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
get the car its not the cars fault dont let them sell it to someone that it was not ment to be with i bet after its over it will still give you a perma grin and you and the car will have the first of many stories together
Old 07-03-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
Stuff happens. Sounds like you have a good dealer since they are offering you options. There is no basis for legal action because they are offering every option possible. I would have them repair it first and then take a look at it. If it looks perfect take it, if not then order another one. Seems pretty simple to me. Life is too short to worry about stuff like this.
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
Wait and get a new one!
Old 07-03-2009, 06:29 PM   #10
MONEY
Black 2ss/rs Mid-August

Drives: 1999 Silverado, 1978 Corvette
four words.... CAR FAX! It's gunna show up that your brand new car already had work done, and later if you decide to sell it, that repair will be on the report.
Your car shouldn't have depleated value BEFORE you drive it off the lot!

I say wait! It's worth it
Old 07-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #11
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
My GTI driver's side bumper was damaged while being unloaded,dealer (GM) replaced the whole front bumper before delivery,can't even tell it was damaged.But I had him put that in the contract,repaired bumper so it is included w/warranty.And he knocked off $2,000 because I had to wait additional week for it........things happen.....

"So,I'm getting a damaged car?"-Me
"No,Let me make it up to you."-GM VW Dealer

P.S,
If you park it in a shopping parking lot,you'll be to
busy inspecting it for scratches,door dings
fingerprints and have nots.......

Last edited by Lauryn200; 07-03-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #12
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
If they knock off money then take it other wise no dice order a new one. Sorry about that man. Go watch transformers 2 to relax and treat yourself.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #13
SSRS2010
SS/RSVIN04274

Drives: 2010 CAMARO.
Quote:
SSRS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #14
carls241

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I feel for you, here is my story.

My camaro arrived damaged as well, broken mirror, multiple dents and scrathes. I re-order. My 1st car arrived on May 29th, and my re-order is already produced and on its way. (about 4 weeks)

You need to get your Regional GM Rep involved (not the district rep) immediatley, they have the ability to get a replacement car produced. Do not let them tell you otherwise.

Was I upset, yes, and torn as well as I ordered my car on day 1 (Oct. 13th) I will not have a low vin, or the r6p code, or a relationship to my welcome kit and lithograph. But I will have exactly the camaro I have been waiting for, a new one, not a damaged and repaired one.

PM me if you want more info
carls241 is offline   Reply With Quote