Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-07-2017, 05:15 PM   #1
4mulafastech

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Hey guys! First post here. Just ordered a 1SS 1LE!

My wife and I have actually been looking a long time for a 1st gen Camaro and just couldn't find one in decent shape priced right. I had a 67 RS 30 years ago that turned into a full time bracket race car. Low 10's at 132 mph. Sold it for my boating hobby. Really regret that now!

Started researching newer Camaro's and spent quite a bit of time lurking Camaro6. Very impressed with the performance numbers AND the looks. Decided it was time for a modern muscle car, and one that can actually turn! Something that was not going to happen with my first gen.

Soooo... Just a few days ago I ordered a black on black 1SS 1LE! No other options. That is all I need.

Really looking forward to getting her delivered. Already picking up some upgrades that I have learned about from this site. Smoked tail lights, center stop light, Diode Dynamics side marker lights, etc... This can be addicting.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello and will start participating on Camaro6 once she arrives.
4mulafastech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:37 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Ask the dealer to provide some verification that your order was accepted and being filled by Chevrolet.

Congrats, see this great thread from cartem2 about chevy's ordering process & what happens now:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438736

And then read Becky’s thread:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:03 PM   #3
4mulafastech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Ask the dealer to provide some verification that your order was accepted and being filled by Chevrolet.

Congrats, see this great thread from cartem2 about chevy's ordering process & what happens now:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438736

And then read Becky’s thread:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251
Thanks Glen e. Fortunately from doing some research here at camaro6 I am working on this. I dealt directly with the Sales Manager and sat in his office while he entered the order. He printed me off the OrderWorkbench which included all the pricing information too. My order number is VQTNC3. I asked if he had allocation and he said yes. He said it might take until this coming Tueday for Chevy to accept the order. Hoping to see a 2000 status code at that time.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:06 PM   #4
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Congrats. You will love it.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:48 PM   #5
4mulafastech

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Congrats. You will love it.
Thanks man. I see you have a 1LE. Have you ever run at the track? Any tips for a future owner?
Old 10-08-2017, 05:56 PM   #6
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Normal time frame. Suggest reading the Newbie Guide http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457674 while waiting.

Glen e's Allocation comment is absolutely correct.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:03 PM   #7
WhyUMad1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mulafastech View Post
Thanks man. I see you have a 1LE. Have you ever run at the track? Any tips for a future owner?
Haven't taken it to the track yet. Maybe next year. I would recommend installing a skip shift eliminator, opticoat/ceramic coat + xpel on certain areas to avoid rock chips, not crossing 4000 rpm for the first 500 miles, replacing the transmission fluid with a Dexron III synthetic, and replacing the engine oil and differential fluid at 1500 miles.

Also getting the GM black tails, 3rd brake light, and badges to match the rest of the black accents on the 1LE, but I see you're already onto that.

Then just have fun. It's great in stock form. I drove in traffic all day today and it was plenty comfortable. And I can still tear up a backroad with the push of a few buttons.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:40 PM   #8
4mulafastech

Quote:
Haven't taken it to the track yet. Maybe next year. I would recommend installing a skip shift eliminator, opticoat/ceramic coat + xpel on certain areas to avoid rock chips, not crossing 4000 rpm for the first 500 miles, replacing the transmission fluid with a Dexron III synthetic, and replacing the engine oil and differential fluid at 1500 miles.

Also getting the GM black tails, 3rd brake light, and badges to match the rest of the black accents on the 1LE, but I see you're already onto that.

Then just have fun. It's great in stock form. I drove in traffic all day today and it was plenty comfortable. And I can still tear up a backroad with the push of a few buttons.
Thanks for the tips. Will definitely follow those fluid change and break-in recommendations. Really like that the 1LE already has what you need for great performance.

Like you said, I am concerned about rock chips, especially with black, so ordered these:

https://zl1addons.com/collections/ro...nt=30384124865

Thanks again.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:02 PM   #9
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
congrats - these are amazing cars!
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:27 PM   #10
Donner

Drives: 2017 50th SS convertible
Hello,

If you activate the On-Star, you can monitor your whip's train ride and transit to your state's dealership. It was fun to get the text notifications and time the arrival so that I was at the shop when she rolled in.

Kindest,

Donner
PS Congrats.
Donner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:09 PM   #11
Arctic2SS

Drives: Arctic Blue 2SS
Quote:

Are the recaros good for longer periods of time? I have been debating on them myself. Going to drive an SS that has them this coming weekend.
Arctic2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:19 PM   #12
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
Congrats! Absolutely love my 16 2SS A8 and 17 1LT M6!
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:44 PM   #13
Magsz

Drives: 17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic2SS View Post
Are the recaros good for longer periods of time? I have been debating on them myself. Going to drive an SS that has them this coming weekend.
They are VERY comfy seats.

They're actually NOT absurdly bolstered so you can sit in them for quite a while without feeling squished.
Magsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:48 PM   #14
WhyUMad1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic2SS View Post
It was a bit stiff at first, especially in the lower back region, but now I'm close to 5k miles and the driver's seat has broken in nicely.

My friend has the 2SS seats and they are easier to get in and out of. But the Recaros really hold you in place during hard cornering. Also I think they look better aesthetically. For reference I am 5'10 170 lbs.