Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-08-2017, 05:31 PM   #1
Joker75

Drives: 18 LS/1LE V6
First post, from future owner.

I'm hoping to get my down payment put in, and my future car ordered on Wednesday. Planning on throwing down on a Hyper Blue 1LS V6, with the 1LE package. It's probably good that I shave my head because I think I'd have all my hair pulled out, over the next 6-8 weeks, waiting for it to show up at the dealership.

Anyone know if the dealership's estimate of 6-8 weeks is realistic, for new orders?

I'm looking forward to learning a lot about my Camaro from everyone here, and spending some time enjoying my mid life crisis.
Joker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:34 PM   #2
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
I can't answer your question, but congrats!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:38 PM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker75 View Post
I'm hoping to get my down payment put in, and my future car ordered on Wednesday. Planning on throwing down on a Hyper Blue 1LS V6, with the 1LE package. It's probably good that I shave my head because I think I'd have all my hair pulled out, over the next 6-8 weeks, waiting for it to show up at the dealership.

Anyone know if the dealership's estimate of 6-8 weeks is realistic, for new orders?

I'm looking forward to learning a lot about my Camaro from everyone here, and spending some time enjoying my mid life crisis.
You need to learn about the Chevy ordering system .....read this thread, all of it.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438736
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:46 PM   #4
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Normal from 2000 (order is accepted) to dealership delivery.

May I suggest reading the Newbie Guide found on the S
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:31 PM   #5
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
6-8 weeks seems to be pretty realistic in most cases. There can be delays, especially for new models (ask any early A10 ZL1 buyer what they were dealing with while the manual buyers were receiving and enjoying their new cars), but for an established set of options like the 1LS 1LE, that shouldn't be the case.

Definitely bet on closer to 8 - I let myself start believing mine would arrive around 6 weeks based on when it was built, but it ended up arriving a couple days past 8 weeks, 4 weeks past its build date. Amazon free 2 day shipping this is not! But definitely worth the wait. Congrats!
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:47 PM   #6
Joker75

Glen e, thanks for pointing me to that thread. I'll definitely be keeping close tabs on the progress, and that info sure helps.
I wasn't going to get my hopes too high for it being on the low end of the estimate. I've bought 4 vehicles from this dealership, but this will be the first new car, as well as my first custom build.
Thanks for the info, everyone. I'll keep this updated as things get moving.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2017, 07:01 PM   #7
Flyer

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS and an old Lexus SUV
Congrats in advance.

Quote:
Planning on throwing down on a Hyper Blue 1LS V6, with the 1LE package.
Great color choice by the way!
Old 10-08-2017, 07:48 PM   #8
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
should be a great car,if i were ordering a gen 6 thats what id want.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:49 PM   #9
4mulafastech

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:

Congrats! Really like that Hyper Blue with the wrapped hood. I had to laugh at your mid life crisis comment. I just ordered a 1LE and in the same boat!
4mulafastech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:03 PM   #10
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
very nice. My HBM 1LE is my midlife crisis car, also
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:22 PM   #11
Donner

Drives: 2017 50th SS convertible
Sir,

You are getting a car in fall so. Mine took the full 12 weeks of time that they said it could when I ordered her. So worth the wait. Once it goes into production they will give you a vin and reference code. You can go on-line to monitor the progress. I activated the On-Star parental watch feature so I knew where my car was during it's transit from Michigan to Virginia. I activated the feature to let me know when it left the train station. I'd also set notices for when it crossed certain counties (there were two ways that it could make it to the dealer). Armed with those texts, I was able to time my arrival to meet her as she was backed off the truck. Fun times.

Kindest,

Donner
Donner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:50 AM   #12
Herewego

Drives: 2018 2SS
My 2SS only took 5 weeks from order to delivery, but the 1LE seems to have a longer turnaround from what I've seen. You really never know.
Herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:54 AM   #13
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Congrats on the purchase- you will absolutely love the car. Expect to take longer and if it comes in sooner you will be pleasantly surprised. You really never know when you special order. Awesome color choice.
JT58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:29 PM   #14
Joker75

I really like the Hyper Blue, and the satin black hood and black spoiler just sets it off even more. I'm getting anxious already, and I haven't even actually ordered it yet. I test drove one local, but didn't want to open it up too much, because I didn't want to be the jerk trashing someone else's future vehicle. I figured the V6 will hit 60 mph in just over half the time that my current Impreza takes, so it should satisfy my lead foot for a while. Between waiting for the actual delivery, waiting until the engine is properly broken in, and then I'll likely be waiting for the snow to clear, before I have a chance to really open it up, I may just loose my mind.

Does anyone know of some inexpensive 18" rims that will clear the 4 piston Brembos? I saw a couple threads about snow tire packages, but the only actual rims that anyone posted about were steel rims. I will need to get some snow tires for the Camaro, and figured it would be much easier, and similarly priced, to get a set of 18" rims with 245/50R18, or possibly 225/55R18 tires, than it would be to get the Pirellis in the stock size, and have to keep having the tires mounted and unmounted.

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk