Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #71
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
and they work with a strut tower bar if you are so inclined. I had to order 40mm cap head bolts and slightly bore out the BMR spacers (I just used the step drill bit I had from the camber plate install) but the camber plate adjustability area is still easily accessible. First track day with the plates is this Saturday
Niiice!

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:51 PM   #72
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Hey guys, Just an FYI to all who have purchased the kit already, the replacement hardware has left the building and it is on its way to you. Sorry for the slight delay in shipping them out, as we have been swamped with manufacturing. If you need any help, feel free to reach out.

All kits sold here on out will of course include the updated hardware. This kit is absolutely bulletproof.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:50 PM   #73
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
I got the shipment notification last Friday as well and I just checked and it did update to "shipped" for me in the last hour so they are going out.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:44 AM   #74
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Got my confirmation as well. My delivery day is slated for Thursday. But that's for an East Coast delivery

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:17 PM   #75
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Sorry about the thread guys. Tran (C5/C6 admin) gives vendors a heads up when sponsorship status is about to expire and provides a link to renew it, however we were having technical issues with the renewal link not working and did not get a response when we inquired about the issue. unfortunately, when the sponsor status expires, the threads are completely removed. Further, as a sponsor, you have a larger PM capacity. However, if the sponsorship status lapses, and you are over the 500 PM capacity that a normal member has, then you can not recieve or send out any more PMs until you get it under 500, which can be very difficult as a vendor. I wish this were not the case, but what can i do.

In any case, the previous thread should be back up soon.

Also, everyone's replacement nut IS in the mail I dropped them off at a drop off point over the weekend, so it may have taken awhile to update. Once again i apologize on their delay, but you should all receive it this week! Tracking info was emailed to everyone that placed an order.

As always, feel free to reach out with any questions. jm@morenomotorsports.com
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:29 AM   #76
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
The thread was inadvertently deleted and should have been closed by the sponsorship system instead.

Let's get back on topic. Off-topic posts will be removed.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:39 AM   #77
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Nuts arrive tomorrow, will begin install then
Old 08-16-2017, 10:49 PM   #78
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

My nuts got in today. They are really trick. Now I just need to figure out how to do this while leaving the struts in the car.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:29 AM   #79
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Now I just need to figure out how to do this while leaving the struts in the car.
Please do that's my plan too.

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:43 AM   #80
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
I still need a set lol maybe next month
Old 08-23-2017, 05:25 AM   #81
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
I still need a set lol maybe next month
Same here lol, this looks like a high end product
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:38 PM   #82
mr965

Drives: ///M3
Everyone that does not have these installed yet..you will love the improvement you'll get from the added camber!
mr965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:18 PM   #83
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

My nuts are just hanging out on my workbench. I'm not sure when I'll get around to installing them. I don't have any other events planned until late October so I'm in no rush with this heat.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:02 PM   #84
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Just installed my Moreno plates tonight. I want to share one piece of advice. Before you go to put the re-assembled strut up to the strut tower, wrap a couple pieces of tape around the Moreno plates between the black plate and the silver caster adjuster C-shape ring. This will dramatically ease getting the 3 bolts threaded. After you get a couple turns with all 3 bolts can needle-nose remove the tape.

I also found that putting a T40 in the strut top and an M6 in one of the camber adjusters and then using a big wrench allowed me to clock the caster quite easily. Tighten the caster M8's before tightening the camber M6's!

I have to say that after one quick test shake-down drive, the plates feel amazing. Very precise. The lack of rubber in the mount is immediately noticeable upon the first corner turn-in. Thumbs up!