Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-21-2016, 01:13 PM   #477
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
.... at some point, you'd think THIS particular case would pass the desk of SOMEONE at GM with half a brain. Then, that mythical someone would do the right thing.

Once it reaches the correct department, I think it will get resolved. That department can only be alerted through the proper channels. IE what the OP is doing, start with BBB, go on to AG, SEMA etc. I reached a standoff with a big company recently, but one, 5 minute, on-line report to the local BBB activated the company"s "Super Pissed Off Customer Dept." and a person with a brain called within a day or so to get it straightened out.

Hopefully something like this will happen....
Old 05-21-2016, 01:54 PM   #478
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Although it's not an apples to apples comparison, I bought my 2012 used in Oct 2014.

I bought it from a Nissan dealership in Charlotte NC, 50 miles from where I live. After I got it home I washed and waxed it. Drove only 20 miles in City Limits over next 5 days, had chips on each side where "gills" are.

I took it to the local dealership, the service manager told me I had driven behind a gravel truck. I wanted to ask him if I had "Idiot" stamped on my forehead, but I just left.

I did a lot of research on this, and found that since early 2010 after the G5 were introduced, hundreds of people had the same issue. I also found a warranty online for GM paint that states it's covered for 6 years, and warranty work is up to the discretion of the dealerships.

Several Camaro owners were able to get a one time repaint, and then used rock guards on the front tires, or PPF to solve the issue.

I called GM because my car was originally sold in Ohio, to see if they could help me get this one time repaint done locally, as it was still under warranty based on the warranty I found online. They stated that I couldn't prove it wasn't already done, and that they had never heard of this issue before, and that my paint warranty was void because I waxed my car.

To make a long story shorter, I fixed them all myself, put rock guards for $40, and no issues since.

I kept at it with GM, to no avail. I didn't want any reimbursement, I didn't want any money, all I wanted was for them to put guards on the tires of these cars from the factory, so that other owners wouldn't encounter the same problem. The bottom line is they don't care.

I contacted several owners who got the 1 time repaint. Every single one that got it was done by the dealership they bought the car from.

Customer service is just bad in general at most companies today. Just call a customer service number. You'll wait on hold, then most likely be talking to Jabbar over in India, whom you can't understand, and even if you can, he will most likely tell you what you want to hear just to get rid of you.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:09 PM   #479
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
^^^

There is zero warranty for paint chips ... LOL ...
Old 05-21-2016, 04:15 PM   #480
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
^^^

There is zero warranty for paint chips ... LOL ...
True....but that doesn't change the fact that they knew this was an issue for many owners, yet chose to do nothing about it to prevent future problems for future owners.

Just as in supermans case, it's not like the concept of oil pumps going bad is an isolated issue. Lots of LS3 owners have experienced the same thing, even without mods.

The point is if your going to get warranty work done, get it done where you bought the car. Your more likely to get favorable results.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:05 PM   #481
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
.... at some point, you'd think THIS particular case would pass the desk of SOMEONE at GM with half a brain. Then, that mythical someone would do the right thing.

Once it reaches the correct department, I think it will get resolved. That department can only be alerted through the proper channels. IE what the OP is doing, start with BBB, go on to AG, SEMA etc. I reached a standoff with a big company recently, but one, 5 minute, on-line report to the local BBB activated the company"s "Super Pissed Off Customer Dept." and a person with a brain called within a day or so to get it straightened out.

That would be nice, but I really don't see it happening. The OP is going to have to take legal action to resolve his case. The only other way it's going to get corrected is if others put in a similar situation start coming out of the woodwork, and it draws mainstream media attention. Unfortunately for the OP, there probably aren't that many. The Magnusen Moss act does provide for the recovery of legal fees if he wins his case, however.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:12 PM   #482
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post

By sheer coincidence, I was thinking about your statement, as an analogy, on more critical issues like foreign policy, and the hawks, even the lady hawks, that will most likely end all of our lives sooner than later.....this statement applies to a great deal of things.

Unfortunately, the vast majority, are thinking about their pay checks, their "9-5" schedule, their debts, their glory, their greed, "me_myslef_and_I, it's all me me see ME now, and yes, being a puppet is fashionable, from middle class, to upper class, and particularly the Plutocrats.

I'm making no mistake here, GM is a big company, this may be part of the problem. Sure, we may see some independent movement, and actions from engineering departments, being allowed some wiggle room when designing a car, "and having fun" at it. This is testament to the great models we are seeing the last 4 years. I'm however slowly becoming quite pessimistic, when it comes to the ties and suits, and bean counters, who are most likely the ones in control of this title in this thread. That is an entirely different department, and breed of people. I can get quite harsh in describing them, but I digress.

Will a hero step up to the plate? Perhaps.

Will that hero be allowed to achieve said goals? Probably not...
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:10 AM   #483
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
everyone is overlooking the FACT that its a federal crime to add a catch can device to your PCV system. Or mod it in any other way, even if it helps the system in a positive way
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:43 AM   #484
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
everyone is overlooking the FACT that its a federal crime to add a catch can device to your PCV system. Or mod it in any other way, even if it helps the system in a positive way
Please cite the source.
It's not that I am doubting you, but I would like an unequivocal answer, not an article that says, "a catch-can may violate federal law"

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 10:08 AM   #485
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
tampering with emissions. but the catch can is better for the environment.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 10:38 AM   #486
CCMADONNA

so basically any aftermarket exhaust is tampering with the emissions?
any aftermarket cold air intake is tampering with the emissions?

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-22-2016, 12:25 PM   #487
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
Can you copy and paste this "FACT" please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
Please cite the source.
It's not that I am doubting you, but I would like an unequivocal answer, not an article that says, "a catch-can may violate federal law"
+1

Tuning the car on the dyno, would then be considered a federal offence, based on the above usage of "words".

well if we want to go down the road of hypocrisy and breaking the law, then...

...in no order:

1. Traveling at 0.000000001 km or mph over the posted speed limit

2. Urinating in public

3. Talking on phone while driving without bluetooth activated

4. Downloading music and movies for free from "those websites"

5. Getting paid under the table to save taxes

6. Did I already say copyright infringements?

7. Not using your turn signal(I see this every single day and I'm sure you all do to)

8. and yes, stealing someone's pen when they are not looking

9...I can go on and on..

I'm totally game to the hypocrites, go_ahead_and_cast_your_stone, and BTW, what goes around, comes around .

Back To Topic:

PIP4158C: Low Oil Pressure Due To Seized Oil Pressure Relief Valve - (Dec 29, 2009)

Subject: Low Oil Pump Pressure due to Seized Oil Pressure Relief Valve

Models: 2008-2009 Buick Lacrosse, Allure (Canada Only)
2007-2010 Cadillac CTS-V, Escalade
2007-2010 Chevrolet Avalanche, Corvette, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2007-2008 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
2007-2009 Chevrolet Impala SS, Trail Blazer
2009-2010 Chevrolet Colorado
2010 Chevrolet Camaro
2007-2010 GMC Envoy, Sierra, Yukon
2009-2010 GMC Canyon
2008-2010 Hummer H2
2008-2010 H3 Alpha
2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
2008-2010 Pontiac G8 GT
2007-2009 Saab 97x
with the Following Aluminum V8 Engine RPOs:
L76, L77, L92, L94, L99, L9H, LC9, LH6, LH8, LH9, LS2, LS3, LS4, LS7, LS9, LSA, LZ1

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Condition/Concern:

Some customers may complain of low oil pressure, no oil pressure, and/or engine noise, which may be the result of a sticking oil pump pressure relief valve. In some instances, this may occur intermittently if the valve frees up when the engine cools down.
Recommendation/Instructions:

If SI diagnosis isolates low mechanical oil pressure at the oil filter housing and oil pressure sensor, replace the oil pump, flush the oil cooler lines (if equipped), clean the inside of the oil pan, change the oil and filter, and re-evaluate the concern.

Notice: If an engine noise is noticed after replacing the oil pump, follow the SI diagnosis and repair the engine as necessary.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

I guess they forgot to add Catch Can as culprit in that explanation, back in 2009?
Old 05-22-2016, 01:11 PM   #488
CCMADONNA

I'm here to check the PCV on your Camaro...
Attached Images

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-22-2016, 01:22 PM   #489
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
tampering with emissions. but the catch can is better for the environment.
So after reading all this info.did everyone remove their catch can,I haven't had any issue yet so tell me ,should I remove it before I have issues,I only have 22,000 kms. on my 2010 .
Old 05-22-2016, 01:51 PM   #490
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGER BEE View Post
So after reading all this info.did everyone remove their catch can,I haven't had any issue yet so tell me ,should I remove it before I have issues,I only have 22,000 kms. on my 2010 .
-Keep your stock hoses in the glove box, and convert back to stock in under 30 min, end of story.

Nobody is removing a CC, in order to prevent a faulty oil pump relief valve from sticking, and consequently starving your engine from oil.

Not until there is an official explanation from the Mother Ship.

Nobody.