The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 05-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #15
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Garage isn't attached.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:56 AM   #16
Jaymedic44

Drives: C7 z51 3lt white/red
Drive it! First, that's what insurance is for. You didn't buy it to be a garage queen. Bought my first corvette in 1969 and have always owned at least one since. Never had a theft issue. Did break down in a brand new one a 1000 miles from home but that's it. I just returned to pa from a trip to Wilmington nc and Hilton head sc in my 14 z51 3lt. And had a blast. This is by far the best corvette ever built and I have owned a lot of them. Take it out and enjoy it!!! Can't wait for the new new z06. This car with 625 hp will be over the top.
Jaymedic44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #17
louloumax

Drives: 2014 corvette coupe
"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself."

Quote:
Originally Posted by asptroopa1 View Post
I'll NEVER let the "bad Guys" change the way I want to live...........Do what you want that makes you happy.......I doubt anything will happen, but if it does, you're a big boy and you'll get it handled. Nothing against a Malibu......but what will you do if the house burned down with your vette in it while you're gone..................Drive the C7
AGREE 100%. The malibu probably has a larger thief appeal anyway. It used to be the honda accord was the most stolen car. Exotics are more trouble for the thieves--they don't blend in as well.

If you travel sensibly, you'll be fine. Maybe put an Obama sticker on the back for good measure..

Plus 'the wave' is a lot more satifying than little kids yawning and rolling their eyes as a maibu drives by.
louloumax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:21 AM   #18
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

I'd say my Veteran lisence plates I've had on my Camaros and now C7 and being a courteous driver, go a long way in keeping my cars pristine and vandal free.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:02 PM   #19
gojurick

Drives: '14 Stingray "Sasha"
We just drove from Sacramento to LA for a cruise. Left it at the hotel for 8 days, she was in perfect condition when we got back. No way I'm not taking a road trip without her. Vegas is up next in June. Take it or regret it.
gojurick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:07 PM   #20
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

I sat the wife down and told her we bought the C7 to drive, to take it on vacation, and to hit the Tail of the Dragon with it. If something was to happen to it, that's what insurance is for.

Troopa, I even used your line about not letting the bad guys dictate how we lived.

I brought up all valid points and arguments. The wife thought they were all good points and then said, "Overruled. We're taking the Malibu."

I see a slow driving vacation in our near future.

Make no mistake, I have the juevos in this family. If you doubt me, just look in my wife's purse.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:11 PM   #21
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
I feel your pain. Kevin refused to take my c7 on vacation to the beach last week. "Not enough room for stuff, too tight, not comfortable." OMG!!!! I told him he is old before his time!!!

But a Malibu on the Dragon? Might as well skip the Dragon!
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:59 AM   #22
REVVIC

Drives: 2014 Z51 Velocity Yellow
I just completed a 3,700 mile vacation. Got 27.4 MPG average for the trip. No problems. Some road rash. The Xpel repelled most of it. Discovered laser car wash places. No wheel tracks and touchless. Safe and effective with a little detailing afterward.

I took the Ron Fellows performance driving class at Spring Mountain in Pahrump NV for C7 owners. Absolutely superb, highly recommend it. They provide the Corvette. There were nine in our class. Some class time, mostly track time.

The trip attacked a constant stream of admirers. There was only one night I was a bit concerned even though my Vette was right outside my motel room door. Go for it in the Corvette and enjoy the ride.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:51 AM   #23
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
You could always tell the wife she's welcome to drive the Malibu, and tell her to keep up as you lead in the Stingray!
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:48 AM   #24
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleRac3r View Post
You could always tell the wife she's welcome to drive the Malibu, and tell her to keep up as you lead in the Stingray!

My protest: I only drove about 5 hours of the whole trip.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:31 AM   #25
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Her reasoning behind driving the Malibu...

If something happened to the C7, we'd immediately return home because neither of us could stand to see it hurt and would want it fixed immediately.

This is very true. Since this is going to be the honeymoon we never got, I'm not going to push driving the C7 this time.

When we go to Ron Fellows in August, that will be a different story.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:34 PM   #26
Buzzardz_vette
Remove Before Flight

Drives: 2014 Cpe Z51 2LT Torch Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post
But a Malibu on the Dragon? Might as well skip the Dragon!
I agree. Why would anyone want to drive the TOTD without their vette? Save the Tail trip for another time when you can take the vette.

Buzzardz_vette is offline   Reply With Quote