Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 12-27-2017, 10:11 AM   #57
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Sometimes google/yelp will hide reviews they feel are not genuine, over the top, or maybe even second hand information.

In regards to the attorney, it will absolutely be worth your time if it comes to that. An attorney wouldn’t get involved for the simple $1,000. They will seek reimbursement for the deposit, their retainer and fees, time lost from work, compensation for stress etc. The lawsuit will show up for $10,000+, and the dealership will likely have to settle in the neighborhood of $4-6k. You’d come away with $2-3k, attorney keeps the rest.

I think the CC dispute is an open and shut case though. They’ll give you the deposit back...especially if you have good credit history with them.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:16 AM   #58
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
The Google review doesn't appear online for over 24 hours - sometimes 72 depending on the review. I use them regularly (lvl 6 guide) for both good and bad.

Just as a recommendation, if you haven't already, make sure you include something about your encounter with the GM. Based on their response to all other negative reviews suggesting a conversation with the GM to save public face, you don't want them to be able to simply reply with that, giving the public the impression they wanted to voluntarily make this right.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:18 AM   #59
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Sometimes google/yelp will hide reviews they feel are not genuine, over the top, or maybe even second hand information.

In regards to the attorney, it will absolutely be worth your time if it comes to that. An attorney wouldn’t get involved for the simple $1,000. They will seek reimbursement for the deposit, their retainer and fees, time lost from work, compensation for stress etc. The lawsuit will show up for $10,000+, and the dealership will likely have to settle in the neighborhood of $4-6k. You’d come away with $2-3k, attorney keeps the rest.

I think the CC dispute is an open and shut case though. They’ll give you the deposit back...especially if you have good credit history with them.
I never had a contract with the dealership. That makes it really easy for me to get my money back, but it's a double-edge sword. Since we don't have a contract, I don't believe I'm entitled to any damages. I'd have to check the laws in VA to be sure, but that's pretty much how it works in WV.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:08 PM   #60
ag1leSS

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue SS 1LE
Sounds like to me house and his buddies have took that grand on a big night out lol
ag1leSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 01:30 PM   #61
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
I've been thinking about this.

I recall seeing in the forums six months ago or so, about the first ZL1 1LE deliveries all being conducted in covered carriers. I believe that it was determined that the ride height/approach angle would not allow delivery by train or standard open carrier. A few months after that I recall seeing photos posted in the forums of 1LE's on standard carriers, but only in the last (back)positions (top and bottom) on the trailer. GM is a for profit venture, I get it. They found a way to reduce delivery cost and time.

Now we are seeing 1LE's being delivered in winter months in that same trailered position. Undoubtedly, subjected to every atomized drop of road salt spray that the rig can pick up and throw. The car on the bottom position may as well be driving on the wet salted pavement. If the delivery takes a week, the saline residue has been working it's magic the entire 7 days. That may explain the unacceptably absurd amount of corrosion on a brand new $74,000.00 car.

With all due respect to GM and Chevrolet, if all $56K Stingrays and $66K Grand Sports are delivered via covered carrier, shouldn't all $64K+ ZL1's be delivered in the same manner. As we are paying the same cost, if not more for a similar (if not higher) level of performance. Perhaps Chevy could at least make it an available option. I believe that most of us would gladly pay a premium to avoid what your dealer tried to push off on you Travis.

What are your thoughts?

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I can't help but feel for you. My TPW is at the end of January. I'm not worried about the ship transit, modern oceanic auto transport is top notch. Lansing to Long Beach in February-March will most likely be an extremely salty journey. I'll be losing sleep, and potentially a $5000 deposit if mine arrives in that condition.

Best of luck. Keep us posted.
I believe that we've seen open carriers full of nothing but ZL1 1LEs.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:33 PM   #62
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
Not a bad idea, but I'm confident the CC dispute will be enough to get my money back. If not I'll just hire an attorney to take care of it. Even though it's not at all cost effective vs. using the attorney general, it'll likely get resolved quicker. None of this is really about the money anyway. I simply refuse to let dishonest people take advantage of me.
I'm glad to see someone say this. If I had a nickel for every "stupid" thing that I've done on principal...
Old 12-28-2017, 02:24 PM   #63
MostlyHarmless

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
I've been thinking about this.

I recall seeing in the forums six months ago or so, about the first ZL1 1LE deliveries all being conducted in covered carriers. I believe that it was determined that the ride height/approach angle would not allow delivery by train or standard open carrier. A few months after that I recall seeing photos posted in the forums of 1LE's on standard carriers, but only in the last (back)positions (top and bottom) on the trailer. GM is a for profit venture, I get it. They found a way to reduce delivery cost and time.

Now we are seeing 1LE's being delivered in winter months in that same trailered position. Undoubtedly, subjected to every atomized drop of road salt spray that the rig can pick up and throw. The car on the bottom position may as well be driving on the wet salted pavement. If the delivery takes a week, the saline residue has been working it's magic the entire 7 days. That may explain the unacceptably absurd amount of corrosion on a brand new $74,000.00 car.

With all due respect to GM and Chevrolet, if all $56K Stingrays and $66K Grand Sports are delivered via covered carrier, shouldn't all $64K+ ZL1's be delivered in the same manner. As we are paying the same cost, if not more for a similar (if not higher) level of performance. Perhaps Chevy could at least make it an available option. I believe that most of us would gladly pay a premium to avoid what your dealer tried to push off on you Travis.

What are your thoughts?

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I can't help but feel for you. My TPW is at the end of January. I'm not worried about the ship transit, modern oceanic auto transport is top notch. Lansing to Long Beach in February-March will most likely be an extremely salty journey. I'll be losing sleep, and potentially a $5000 deposit if mine arrives in that condition.

Best of luck. Keep us posted.
Waterman - slightly off topic, but I don't think Corvettes are delivered in covered transport either (at least I know my 2015 Z51 wasn't, they may have changed since then) - so I think GM has the same treatment for all vehicles. And let's not forget that a fully loaded Suburban can top $80K or $90K and they are also delivered on a regular transporter.

Travis - good luck. You are a guy I can relate to. The $1,000 is not the issue. Honesty and integrity are the issue and you should make them suffer for it!

Mark
MostlyHarmless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 02:59 PM   #64
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Corvettes go by open carrier but are covered by virtually non-reusable car covers.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:19 PM   #65
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
Corvettes go by open carrier but are covered by virtually non-reusable car covers.

Laborsmith
This. Not a single speck of paint is exposed to the elements.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:49 PM   #66
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Unbelievable!

Your credit card should be able to refund the deposit. I'm out of words with the sales manager's response. I understand if it was custom ordered, unique as hell, something the dealer would have a hard time to sell and there is nothing wrong with it.. Then if you just changed your mind last minute just because they may have a slight case in trying to keep your deposit.

However this isn't the case.. fail.com

Last edited by Richard0nee; 12-28-2017 at 07:17 PM.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 07:01 PM   #67
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
I believe that we've seen open carriers full of nothing but ZL1 1LEs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
Waterman - slightly off topic, but I don't think Corvettes are delivered in covered transport either (at least I know my 2015 Z51 wasn't, they may have changed since then) - so I think GM has the same treatment for all vehicles. And let's not forget that a fully loaded Suburban can top $80K or $90K and they are also delivered on a regular transporter.

Travis - good luck. You are a guy I can relate to. The $1,000 is not the issue. Honesty and integrity are the issue and you should make them suffer for it!

Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post

Laborsmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SS View Post
This. Not a single speck of paint is exposed to the elements.
Thanks for the info. I stand corrected.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:43 AM   #68
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Just now saw this and it makes my blood boil listening to that 1st post video.

Everyone knows these deposits are fully refundable.

This is why we use BeckyD. No BS like this.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:14 AM   #69
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Just now saw this and it makes my blood boil listening to that 1st post video.

Everyone knows these deposits are fully refundable.

This is why we use BeckyD. No BS like this.
Yeah. I thought these guys were going to be okay, and they already had the exact car I wanted ordered. It's funny how quickly they'll turn on you once an issue arises.

With my current ZL1, Becky had all of her foreseeable allocations spoken for by the time I asked. I was late to the ZL1 1LE party, so I assumed all of her allocations would be spoken for this time too.

I haven't had the opportunity to buy a car from Becky, but I've heard nothing but positive feedback from the people who have. It'd be interesting to see how many cars she'd sell if it weren't for the limited allocations.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:22 AM   #70
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
Yeah. I thought these guys were going to be okay, and they already had the exact car I wanted ordered. It's funny how quickly they'll turn on you once an issue arises.

With my current ZL1, Becky had all of her foreseeable allocations spoken for by the time I asked. I was late to the ZL1 1LE party, so I assumed all of her allocations would be spoken for this time too.

I haven't had the opportunity to buy a car from Becky, but I've heard nothing but positive feedback from the people who have. It'd be interesting to see how many cars she'd sell if it weren't for the limited allocations.
I always check in with her first and like you wasn't able to get in but had my name on a list here early so it was all good. Unfortunately GM doesn't do her any favors as other dealers would complain. I'm sure she takes a negative hit there sometimes. I did purchase a truck from her and it was a super smooth deal. Then the next truck was a Texas Edition and they can't sell those outside TX so I had t buy local.

Glad to see someone actually walk away on something like this. I know it's not easy but I would do exactly the same. I can't believe the way that sleezeball spoke to what could have been a life long customer.