Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 12-06-2017, 12:22 PM   #1
SaGa

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 2LT I4
Help me find an exhaust!

Iv searched so much and have yet to find an exhaust setup that I really like. I don't want to just do a straight pipe or muffler delete. If you have any suggestions please let me know! Videos would be amazing as well!
Thank you!
SaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:55 PM   #2
Ockid

Drives: 2016 4 cylinder 2.0t
I have a Magnaflow Cat back Exhaust with a Jegs 3 inch Cutout. I think it sounds pretty good. I have a a video on YouTube. Look up Ockid 47
Ockid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:09 PM   #3
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS

This is the exhaust I have and I love it personally.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:56 PM   #4
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
I have an MRT v3 without mufflers for their quad exhaust system (some modding needed, but I believe due to the v3 for the 2.0 leading into the GM GFX for the V6) and I am very pleased with the sound. I am also happy that the 3" pipe divides into two 2.5" pipes instead of the 2.25" ones the factory uses.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:36 PM   #5
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
I would wait till we can hear mbrp's new 2.0 exhaust on someones car. Hoping it sounds good cuz ive heard all others and i personally would rather stay stock and hear the turbo then get an aftermarket exhaust . Just my opionion everyones different. Pretty sure everyones goina comment saying get what ever exhaust they have on their car so youtube or find some guys on the forum in ur area is your best bet for figuring out what you like best. Good luck
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:33 PM   #6
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Nobody has installed the Injen SES Exhaust. No sound clips of it anywhere.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:22 PM   #7
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Nobody has installed the Injen SES Exhaust. No sound clips of it anywhere.
Expensive and i have other priorities atm.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:03 PM   #8
SaGa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Good luck man. You sound exactly the same way I did after hearing every possible set-up, including some customized stuff (some in person, some through hd headphones) . Nothing sounded worth a damned to my ears. This is a very personal thing though , so no one get all offended or anything. Ive ended my quest to make the car sound good from an exhaust standpoint, and instead focusing on engine/turbo sounds, while keeping the exhaust as quiet as possible.
You might want to check out godfather2.0's exhaust, he did some different things with sound frequency cancellation.

P.S. I should add, this has nothing to do with the "4 cylinders sound lame ectect" argument. I'm a huge fan of some 4cylinder exhaust sounds.
I was told to focus on turbo sound by someone else but im just not really interested in that.
I have looked at godfather2.0s video but it doesnt show me enough about the sound to tell if i like it. Iv pmd him and commented on his video but no response yet.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:17 AM   #9
BomberCamaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro I4T/2002 Camaro Z/28
Yeah he really disappeared on here recently.. Especially when ZZP showed up on the forum

On a serious note, I enjoy my muffler delete. I've never heard any of the aftermarket systems in person, so I don't have an opinion one way or another. As far as with the muffler delete, it's only loud when you want it to be. Cruising is crazy quiet. There is some drone around 3k but even on the highway you would have to be going 90+ to get around there, so highway driving is perfectly fine. Idle is quiet, but cold starts are loud. I enjoy it though. You hear a crap ton of turbo noise which I personally enjoy. Best of luck on your selection, I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you get!

Follow my mod journey!

So far... 20x9.5 Curva Concepts C-300, Injen 7300 CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM charge pipe, 67mm TB, ZZP tune, Snow meth injection, muffler delete, RPI Designs front splitter, black SS spoiler, tinted windows, black bowties, and driver mod.

Instagram- @Arctic_Blast_Camaro
BomberCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:41 AM   #10
Eos

Drives: Camaro Coupé 2.0T AT8 (EU version)
Hi Cooper1965!,

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Nothing sounded worth a damned to my ears. This is a very personal thing though , so no one get all offended or anything.
I totally agree with you!! I am the happy owner of a Camaro Turbo but the biggest con of this car (in my opinion) is the sound of the exhaust: it is embarrassing. I have looked for something different too, but the metallic tone of its voice is always there even with sport exhaust.

This is not due to the "4 cylinders" factor, as some smaller engines on the market have much better sounds.. Let's make some examples: the Fiat Abarth 500 (with a 1,4L engine!) growls so well and so does the Lotus Elise 1,8 VVTi engine.

I am afraid it's a matter of the LTG structure that will never allow it to have a convincing exhaust note..

See you!!,
Eos
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:33 AM   #11
SaGa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberCamaro View Post
Yeah he really disappeared on here recently.. Especially when ZZP showed up on the forum

On a serious note, I enjoy my muffler delete. I've never heard any of the aftermarket systems in person, so I don't have an opinion one way or another. As far as with the muffler delete, it's only loud when you want it to be. Cruising is crazy quiet. There is some drone around 3k but even on the highway you would have to be going 90+ to get around there, so highway driving is perfectly fine. Idle is quiet, but cold starts are loud. I enjoy it though. You hear a crap ton of turbo noise which I personally enjoy. Best of luck on your selection, I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you get!
Does it happen to sound like this https://youtu.be/0ikPS3tUcsw?t=40s ? Iv commented on the video asking what the difference was between that and a muffler delete and their reply was pretty much there isnt one. $750 when I can get the same thing for $150 at an exhaust shop!
Old 12-09-2017, 06:55 AM   #12
Archangle

Drives: 2017 ice sliver 1LT
First thing is yes I mite be the only one running the Injen SuS catback but I also have a catted zzp downpipe. I don't have a video of my car at a moment but I'm also not going to do one until my dyno tune which got pushed back until January due to the fact I need to install my ZZP front mount intercooler before then.. side note I love my set up yeah was it expensive yes but I'm not into the loud and obnoxious anymore. My car sounds like a 370z now just a tad louder.. I don't know what it would sound like with a non catted downpipe most exhaust will go from one extreme to the next depending on what down pipe and if catted what cell of cat you're running. The less cells in the cat the louder it will be. ZZP is 400 cell and rpm is a 200 cell.. but anyway good luck on your build and if you like whatever exhaust don't let price sway you..
Archangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:05 AM   #13
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangle View Post
First thing is yes I mite be the only one running the Injen SuS catback but I also have a catted zzp downpipe. I don't have a video of my car at a moment but I'm also not going to do one until my dyno tune which got pushed back until January due to the fact I need to install my ZZP front mount intercooler before then.. side note I love my set up yeah was it expensive yes but I'm not into the loud and obnoxious anymore. My car sounds like a 370z now just a tad louder.. I don't know what it would sound like with a non catted downpipe most exhaust will go from one extreme to the next depending on what down pipe and if catted what cell of cat you're running. The less cells in the cat the louder it will be. ZZP is 400 cell and rpm is a 200 cell.. but anyway good luck on your build and if you like whatever exhaust don't let price sway you..
Well said personally i spent a little over 1200 for an Ark N-II catback on my 5th gen was by far the best sounding catback out there for a 5th Gen. But mad expensive i keep hoping they release one for us but they haven't seen fit to reply to my usual e-mails yet

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:22 AM   #14
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Well said personally i spent a little over 1200 for an Ark N-II catback on my 5th gen was by far the best sounding catback out there for a 5th Gen. But mad expensive i keep hoping they release one for us but they haven't seen fit to reply to my usual e-mails yet
I also had the nii and was the best mod i did. They figured out a way to change the exhaust note to sound like no other exhaust on the market. Hopefully they release something for the 2.0
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote