The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-25-2010, 08:14 AM   #15
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
Yes I did. And I understand that. But if I were in his shoes, I still wouldn't have traded in my car just to get a brand new one (even if it were a new 2011 Camaro). A hit is a hit. That gets rolled into the next loan and you end up paying interest on the loss. Salesmen are experts on playing our our emotions and getting us to buy when we had no intention of doing so. Just saying.....
wasn't so much just to get a new car... if someone would have offered me that much on the camaro as a private sale; i would have sold it on the spot.

the other option would have been to wait and hope i didn't loose more then 10k at the end of this year when i was planning on selling it anyway.

and the 2k down i put in on signing covered my upside down part; so no interest paid on that. believe me, i knew what i was doing when i walked away from 6 hours at the dealership the first day that i was there. we started at 28k on the camaro, 13k down and 10k markup on the shelby.

3 weeks later when i walked back in, i had them to 33,100 on the camaro, 2k down, and 3k markup. i personally believe in paying a markup in some situations, so in the end; i was the one playing their emotions.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #16
13lade

Drives: '11 SIM 2ss/rs LS3 #13363 iom seats
What he was offered in a trade is meaningless without knowing what was spent on the new car.... He could have been suckered with a $2000 + msrp or he could have got a great deal with nearly what he paid for the SS and several grand a below msrp.

Its common for dealers to give a "great offer" on a trade and make up the difference on a high sale price for the new car... That is why I always negotiate those prices independently of each other.

Hopefully the OP did his homework on the going rate for the 500 and got a great deal on both sides of the transaction.... Gorgeous car(s) btw... Congrats!
13lade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:23 AM   #17
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lade View Post
What he was offered in a trade is meaningless without knowing what was spent on the new car.... He could have been suckered with a $2000 + msrp or he could have got a great deal with nearly what he paid for the SS and several grand a below msrp.

Its common for dealers to give a "great offer" on a trade and make up the difference on a high sale price for the new car... That is why I always negotiate those prices independently of each other.

Hopefully the OP did his homework on the going rate for the 500 and got a great deal on both sides of the transaction.... Gorgeous car(s) btw... Congrats!
They key is they just made you a Ford customer. You'll go to them for repairs, minor upgrades, etc for the first couple years (if under warranty). So they stole you from Chevy and they need only start with one person... then two... then so on.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:24 AM   #18
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
To each his own I guess, both cool cars. But losing 1500 bucks on a car and spending 50k on another I wouldnt say is the best financial choice
Old 07-25-2010, 08:25 AM   #19
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Paying mark up is rediculous and childish in my opinion sorry to offense to the OP or anybody else, just my opinion.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:26 AM   #20
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Never liked Ford, have never owned a Ford, never will own a Ford...
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:29 AM   #21
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
To each his own I guess, both cool cars. But losing 1500 bucks on a car and spending 50k on another I wouldnt say is the best financial choice
say what you guys want, but my hands were tied last year and i had to drive from orange county to LA on a daily basis... 100 miles per day and 22k miles in a single year takes a toll on the car.

in supermans position, he lost 1k on his trade in with 6200 miles and the car being in near perfect condition.

mine was far from that, she had 22k hard miles put on her with dents dings and scratchs from here to the end of the world.

imo, the $1,500 loss was the best possible situation that could have happened.

Quote:
Paying mark up is rediculous and childish in my opinion sorry to offense to the OP or anybody else, just my opinion.
i can see your point, paying markup on a car that is in a 120k per year production cycle (like the camaro) is a bit silly.

the gt500 was annouced that day limited to 5500 units for 2011.

in the end, i paid 3k markup on a car that cost 55k sticker, ie 6% of the cost of the car. per month on my financing, that comes out to less then 50 bucks; and for the year i plan on keeping it i'm willing to pay the additional cost.

each to his/her own though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
They key is they just made you a Ford customer. You'll go to them for repairs, minor upgrades, etc for the first couple years (if under warranty). So they stole you from Chevy and they need only start with one person... then two... then so on.

and if there was any official word of a Z28 and it's release date, i would have held on... but at this point, all we have is a paper stuck to the dash of a car covered in some camo gear with new tires and rims on it.

i think we all know that it's coming but i didn't want to keep living/driving/waiting for something that there is next to nothing to hold on to officially.

Last edited by bolteon593; 07-25-2010 at 08:45 AM.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #22
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
but the sales manager told me flat out he didn't care if he lost money on my car, he wanted a story to tell...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
and the 2k down i put in on signing covered my upside down part; so no interest paid on that. so in the end; i was the one playing their emotions.
Congrats on your new ride, but HOLY CRAP on the above statements. I think you got worked like a rented mule.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #23
13lade

Drives: '11 SIM 2ss/rs LS3 #13363 iom seats
Quote:
He did not lose $1500.... He was offered WAY more than the going rate for a 2010 camaro with 23k on it.... Where he might have lost money is on how much he paid for the 500.

Think of it this way... He paid $1500 to drive a camaro for a year and put 23k miles on it plus whatever he may have overpaid (or not) for the stang. If he got a sweet deal on the stang, then he actually made a fantastic financial move considering that cars ultimately are a really crappy way to invest your money
13lade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #24
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball View Post
I wouldn't trade my Camaro for a FORD ever!!! It is his choice, to him it's just a car.....but he better not be on the forum here trash talking us and talking up his new ride.

Good luck on the new ride man- we'll see ya again when they come out with the Z28.
3CamarosOnHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:46 AM   #25
CHEROB10

Drives: 2012 2LT Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball View Post
Like only the Mustang, owned an 03, lemon from the start, Ford eventually had to buy it back under the Lemon Law.......REFUSE to buy another Ford product...or anything that's sitting on their lot.

But that is a sharp looking car....Congrats and Good Luck!
CHEROB10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:51 AM   #26
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I have never really understood the "goodbye" threads... They happen on every forum be it phones, cars, and whatnot...

Personally, if I purchased a Kia Soul to replace my Camaro, I'd just find me a Kia forum to discuss my new pimp ride, and move along enjoying the hamster commercials...

I have to call BS on part of this though... If you really loved and enjoyed your Camaro, you would have never got rid of it except for a next gen or a Z28....

You obviously were not to thrilled with it, and that's fine as it's what makes the world turn... To each their own and as I said earlier, it's your money so spend it however you choose and enjoy whatever it is that makes you happy...

I just don't understand the whole "goodbye" thread... Find you a nice Mustang forum and enjoy your time there...

My .02 (less trade value) LOL
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:52 AM   #27
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
Whatever makes you happy.... the hell with what everyone else thinks
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:53 AM   #28
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bws_82 View Post
the hell with what everyone else thinks
If that's the case, why bother with this thread?

mhood is offline   Reply With Quote